Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91665 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #720 on: June 28, 2017, 05:32:59 pm »
Yup.   So WWE fucked up the first match...just so Carmella could keep it.  The worst writing and I heard the response was very tepid.  Every time I think the company is going in a better direction, we get crap like this.  I wonder if Vince retiring would solve anything...

Awkward silence ... anyway did you get a chance/managed to saw this past Raw, precisely the part of Samoa and Lesnar ?  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #721 on: June 28, 2017, 06:04:10 pm »
Yup.   So WWE fucked up the first match...just so Carmella could keep it.  The worst writing and I heard the response was very tepid.  Every time I think the company is going in a better direction, we get crap like this.  I wonder if Vince retiring would solve anything...

Awkward silence ... anyway did you get a chance/managed to saw this past Raw, precisely the part of Samoa and Lesnar ?  ;D

Nah, I skipped the shows this week, though I happened to catch Enzo & Big Cass on RAW.  I still don't like the angle, but Enzo is so good, he makes it work.  I don't know where he goes from here, but he's just a great character.  I did see that bit on Samoa and Lesnar, I guess Lesnar really sold a choke lol Lately I've just been watching the clips of the live shows on youtube when they come up.

« Reply #722 on: July 04, 2017, 11:27:09 pm »
Anyone using NJPW World to watch stuff? I subscribed once back at I think the beginning of the year to watch WrestleKingdom, but it was kind of a pain in the ass to quit it and I was just curious if it's any easier now.  Really want to watch the G1 Special as it sounded awesome. 

doafan

« Reply #723 on: July 09, 2017, 10:28:35 am »
Anyone using NJPW World to watch stuff?

Not really but I do like to watch some of their matches days later when they became "available" and it's seems if the rumors are true that am gonna be looking for some matches in a near future, after Austin Aries leaved the WWE a lot of people where I do include myself expect to see this wrestler at NJPW, really hope that this can be true cause the guy didn't had the push he deserved, the one that got it an in a non live event was AJ Styles, the phenomenal won this past July 4 at SmackDown Live the Independence Day Battle Royal which gave him the right to go for the US belt that KO was holding at the Battleground event but the bastard won the belt this past Friday in an U.S. Title Match at Madison Square Garden, just wonder how the hell this victory is going to affect not only this next SmackDown Live show but also the event that we had scheduled for this July 23, damn it am more excited to see how the writers are going to fix this than the fact that tonight is the Great Balls of Fire Event and I practically don't give a shit about it, well at least am pretty sure that am not gonna miss the match between Samoa and Lesnar, I do expect a lot of this match so really hope that they don't disappoint me  :'(

« Reply #724 on: July 09, 2017, 02:51:53 pm »
Yeah it was really stupid for them to do it at a house show.  I've read up on it and how it's good for business to try and boost the live shows, but I can't imagine it does that much and all it does to take something away from the people that watch on TV or the Network, which is where the majority lies.  Oh well, it's not the worst thing I've seen them do lately lol

Still not sure if I want to watch Great Ball of Fire or not...still got a couple hours to figure that out I guess.

*EDIT*
Eh, I'll watch it.  Might be a couple good matches here and I get Battlgrounds coming up in the month. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:53:30 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #725 on: July 09, 2017, 09:22:55 pm »
Rollins vs Wyatt - About what you'd expect.  Perfectly reasonable match that they usually do.

Enzo vs Cass - No matter how this began or where it goes, Enzo is damn good at selling it all.  Gave one hell of an impassioned speech at the start.  Of course this was never going to be an actual match, Enzo was gonna get squashed, which is now I'm just unsure where it goes.  Cass will go onto singles matches, but what is Enzo really gonna end up doing? To me, he's the more interesting part, so we'll see.

Hardy's vs Cesaro/Sheamus - I didn't know this was gonna be a 30 minute Iron Man match based on 3 falls I think (Or maybe most falls by the end?), a first for tag teams, and all guys involved are good, so this might be something memorable.  Definitely was a good match, though there was an unfortunate botch where either the ref counted too fast or Cesaro came in too late to break up the pin and it was a legit three-count pin and people got pissed for abit when it didn't get counted.  Still fun though.

Bliss vs Banks - This was a pretty good match lol I wasn't expecting too much, but lots of good spots and hilariously Bliss is apparently double jointed, so she was able to fake a busted arm as a distraction.  Had me think it was real for a second lol

Ambrose vs Miz - It's the usual match you get with these guys.  Miz just has a bunch of distractions and Ambrose puts up an alright fight.

Reigns vs Strowman - This match has potential to be great and I really hope it is.  Strowman is legit one of the things that excites me in WWE right now.  It's Strowman, it's Nakamura and the likely upcoming Nakamura vs Styles match, and maybe New Day and Hardy Boyz.  Lots of brawling and overall pretty good battle of just smashing each other. I'm happy with this one.  This took a turn I didn't expect either.  Roman went very heel on him, though not in a way that'll end up mattering much for a character change, because of course Reigns won't be going heel.

Hawkins vs Slater - Purposefully spur of the moment match between them with the aftermath of Reigns and Strowman so they can fill time while dealing with the Ambulance.  Like a 3 minute match lol  Well it's a PPV payday for them at least.  I'm wondering if they planned for this to take as long as it did.  This Ambulance door won't open lol That went way better than I expected between Strowman and Reigns lol

Joe vs Lesnar - I was wondering how they were gonna pick things up after the monster match of Reigns and Strowman, but Joe charging Lesnar and bashing him before the match even starts is a great way to start it lol  I knew it wasn't super likely that Joe would win, but I thought they were building up really well to a possible win for him with how he really just wrecked Brock for most of the match.  Joe still looked real strong though, so it's not a bad loss for him.  Lesnar just needs to drop the belt and move on.  He's just a part timer that tosses out suplexes and F-5's.  It's boring.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:38:49 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #726 on: July 23, 2017, 12:40:51 pm »
We are going to have the Battleground event tonight, honestly am not that interested since I really don't believe that KO can recover his belt also cause am pretty sure that Sami will continue being a jobber same thing will happen to Rusev and Corbin but anyway here is the list:

Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English - Singles match
Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton - Punjabi Prison match for the WWE Championship
The Usos vs. The New Day - Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
John Cena vs. Rusev - Flag match
Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Lana - Fatal 5-Way elimination match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship at SummerSlam
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Baron Corbin - Singles match
AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens - Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
Sami Zayn vs. Mike Kanellis - Singles match

« Reply #727 on: July 23, 2017, 01:29:56 pm »
It's a reasonable lineup, nothing too exciting though.  The Punjabi Prison match lends itself to at least being different, so Orton won't be as standard as usual hopefully.  Usos vs New Day could be good and I really hope New Day wins.  Kinda good to see Rusev back, so maybe there is something there perhaps.  And I'll of course watch a Nakamura match, just not sure what we'll get out of Corbin.  Styles vs KO will of course be good, but yeah, he probably won't win it back.

*EDIT*
Was kinda surprised that KO won the belt back, but it was a solid match.  The ref being down went abit too long, but I like the combination of submissions leading to the count, even if it was a more subtle end.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:32:57 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #728 on: July 27, 2017, 10:16:19 am »
Was kinda surprised that KO won the belt back, but it was a solid match.  The ref being down went abit too long, but I like the combination of submissions leading to the count, even if it was a more subtle end.

Indeed it was a solid match, in my case it was the only match that I saw from the whole event (was pretty tired) and after seeing KO as the US champ for third time went to sleep, anyway we arrived yesterday from a trip with my family so didn't saw this past SmackDown show, did I missed something interesting ?  ???

« Reply #729 on: July 27, 2017, 05:19:30 pm »

Indeed it was a solid match, in my case it was the only match that I saw from the whole event (was pretty tired) and after seeing KO as the US champ for third time went to sleep, anyway we arrived yesterday from a trip with my family so didn't saw this past SmackDown show, did I missed something interesting ?  ???

KO already lost the belt after Jericho came back on Smackdown and got into a triple threat match with KO and Styles lol

doafan

« Reply #730 on: July 29, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »
Thanks for not letting me know who won that match, honestly had the idea that since Jericho just came back into action he might have won the title, no, is not a belt, is a title that was Owens yelled to a fan who was asking him where it's belt was and the mothafucka replied that is not a belt is a title you dumbass anyway the match was really good and still can't believe that they are giving the US Championship more prestige than the WWE Championship also can't wait for the match between Nakamura and Cena.

« Reply #731 on: July 29, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »
Yeah I'm interested to see what can come out of Nakamura vs Cena.  Cena had some good matches with Styles and while his recent Rusev match wasn't very good, I think he gets kinda energized going up against these new guys.

doafan

« Reply #732 on: August 04, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »
Yeah I'm interested to see what can come out of Nakamura vs Cena.  Cena had some good matches with Styles and while his recent Rusev match wasn't very good, I think he gets kinda energized going up against these new guys.

Well he sure was energized as hell, they do started started SmackDown show pretty good with Kevin and Styles but they do ended the best possible way, the match kept me entertained not one time but two cause later that night I saw it again online even have to admit that when Cena was about to perform his second attitude adjustment to Nakamura had the idea that he might won the match but that reversal and that bizarre suplex that almost break Cena's neck was hilarious, am pretty sure that it was a mistake but a good one cause it totally sold out the result of the match  ;D

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:18:34 pm by doafan »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #733 on: August 04, 2017, 01:30:41 pm »
Nah, Cena still sucks. I like Nakamura just fine. But I have never liked Cena.

doafan

« Reply #734 on: August 04, 2017, 03:23:38 pm »
Nah, Cena still sucks.

Totally agree but it was a good match, if you are fan of Nakamura as I am you definitely have to see this one  ;)