Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91652 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #735 on: August 20, 2017, 05:37:38 am »
Takeover Brooklyn 3 was good as expected.  NXT almost always brings it.  Didn't quite have as many must watch folks for me and even Asuka is just alright as I've seen her and Ember fight enough already though good spots as usual.

Summerslam is a big one this time, just in terms of match amount. 

Styles vs Owens will of course be solid (As long as ending doesn't get screwed up like last time) as they are both great guys.

Nakamura vs Mahal will be...interesting.  I don't think Nakamura will win, I got a feeling they want Mahal to keep it abit longer, but you never know, dreams can happen lol

The 4 Way for the Universal championship should hopefully be awesome as Lesnar won't be able to do his usual routine, which is boring, Strowman is here, which is awesome, Roman the worker is enough, and Joe is good, so unless things get fucked up, this should really be the highlight.

A number of others have potential to be good I hope, but there are a ton.  13 matches in total with the kickoff.

doafan

« Reply #736 on: August 20, 2017, 01:46:36 pm »
Hell I don't gonna watch all the matches, there is to much wrestling to see these days but at least am not gonna miss three of them  ;)

Akira Tozawa vs. Neville - Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
The New Day vs. The Usos - Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan vs. The Miz and The Miztourage - Six-man tag team match
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman - Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE Universal Championship
Naomi vs. Natalya - Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks - Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
Randy Orton vs. Rusev - Singles match
Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Singles match for the WWE Championship
Big Show vs. Big Cass - Singles match
Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt - Singles match
John Cena vs. Baron Corbin - Singles match
AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens - Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins - Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #737 on: August 20, 2017, 08:06:27 pm »
Just what the fuck is the point in anything with Enzo anymore? Everything I've seen with him is him just getting stomped.  Why have this big cage thing and set up this awesome escape spot, just to have him get kicked once and downed and then have him stomp Big Show right after?  It's completely anti-climatic.  Oh this will put over Cass so well.  He stomped the guy he's been stomping since the split and Big Show was heavily hurt, so it was a guarantee he'd lose.  Oh yeah, Cass is ready for the main event scene.  Enzo is a fun character, but I just don't see the point anymore.

Urggh, hopefully Sasha isn't actually hurt.  Didn't like how she was selling her shoulder at the end.

I didn't end up watching everything as I wanted to watch Game of Thrones at a certain point, but I skimmed through most of it.  I think the only one I didn't watch was Cesaro/Sheamus vs Ambrose/Rollins.  I did manage to watch the Fatal 4 Way and while it didn't end like I wanted, it still was pretty great.  Just lots of big guy brawling and Strowman continues to be the best.  Most of the show was pretty watchable outside of a few pointless matches.

*EDIT*
I had read before that Enzo has tons of backstage heat, not really liked by many, but I guess it's pretty bad and it could be that the fans alone are the only thing keeping him around, which does explain why he is getting buried so bad.  I hate it because he's one of the few that does really well on the microphone I feel and the crowd is with him on practically anything.  Feel bad for Cass though as he just injured himself on RAW last night and will probably be out for awhile.  Asuka also got injured, but against Moon at Takeover which will put her out for a month or two.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:58:41 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2017, 10:21:57 am »
Totally missed the event but my wife spoiled me the results later that night now I really don't know if want to see it  ???

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2017, 12:50:52 pm »
I heard people raving that the A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Owens match was match of the year material. I didn't see it myself, but I'm not surprised from these two.

doafan

« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2017, 01:01:09 pm »
Thanks, will gonna make some free time tonight just to watch this one but only because is my man KO  8)

« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2017, 05:36:27 pm »
I heard people raving that the A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Owens match was match of the year material. I didn't see it myself, but I'm not surprised from these two.

I only saw parts of it, but didn't think it was anything more than their usual matches in particular.  I mean, their usual matches are always pretty solid, but I never really felt like this match became anything more other than them interacting with Shane every so often.

doafan

« Reply #742 on: August 23, 2017, 11:18:13 am »
I only saw parts of it, but didn't think it was anything more than their usual matches in particular.  I mean, their usual matches are always pretty solid, but I never really felt like this match became anything more other than them interacting with Shane every so often.

Managed to watch it and the one from yesterdays SmackDown show, they were pretty solid an kept me entertained the full match but still can't say that it can be consider of year material, at least it wasn't as good as the one that Kevin Steen had with Christopher Daniels in the past, this match is pretty intense by the way am glad that Shelton Benjamin have finally arrived and that he will be part of SmackDown and not RAW, I don't watch the red brand anymore  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #743 on: August 23, 2017, 11:32:55 am »
About damn time! How long will it be now before Roode gets the gold? It's just a matter of time...

doafan

« Reply #744 on: September 25, 2017, 12:21:36 pm »
After playing on the 3DS all weekend decided to rest a little so insted I saw the three last matches of No Mercy where don't want to belive that Cena has just passed the torch to Reignsafter the match which by the eay was if not that good it kept me and my wife entertained all the time, was expecting Lesnar vs. Strowman to be the one to steal the show, no, don't the wrong idea, Strowman did kicked Lesnar's butt almost all the time but we all knew that he won't gonna won the belt, can't believe that at this point the Monster haven't one any belt, the one that did steal the show was the one between Neville vs. Nezo for the Cruiserweight Championship, the rest ... well everybody needs to see this match for themselves  ;D

« Reply #745 on: September 25, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »
I ended up skipping the show to play a game with friends, so I only watched Miz vs Jordan which went about how I expected.  What I didn't expect to hear was Lesnar stomping Strowman with a single F-5.  Reigns went through like 3 of them back at Wrestlemania, but Strowman, who survived being smashed in an ambulance, and destroyed the ring with Big Show, can't take more than one F-5?  This is the kind of stuff that causes people to stop watching WWE, because this is the absolute worst writing.

doafan

« Reply #746 on: September 26, 2017, 04:34:52 pm »
I just hope that the feud between KO and Shane got better than the one between Strowman and Lesnar, I mean Owens even beated Vince a couple of weeks ago and as far as I remember Stone was one of thos lucky guys that were able to do it before, the fat dude is giving a hell of a push and of course am expecting a lot from him  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #747 on: October 02, 2017, 02:39:56 pm »
It's not just Kevin Owens vs. Shane that is good right now. WWE is stepping up a lot of storylines. They are mixing reality in with the storylines, like they did in the Attitude Era, and it's making for some very entertaining stuff.

doafan

« Reply #748 on: October 07, 2017, 02:49:37 pm »
They are mixing reality in with the storylines, like they did in the Attitude Era, and it's making for some very entertaining stuff.

That's what I love the most anyway am expecting great things from Hell in a Cell which of course is tomorrow also want to see if we are going to have Kevin's big butt again at Raw, the list of the official matches that have been announced are the following and since won't gonna be in front of a computer tomorrow am gonna leave also my thoughs/comments about each one of the matches:

Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs. The Hype Bros: Do I really have to say who is gonna win this one ? also The Hype Bros aren't going to be a team no more.
Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens: Fuck yeah Owens is gonna throw himself from the Cell just to made his point that he his against the Mcmahon family.
Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: Jinder is going to retain don't get me wrong but we are not ready to see Nakamura as the champ.
The New Day vs. The Usos: Have been reading/watching some news telling that some of the members of the New Day are injured so I do expect The Usos to win this one.
Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair: without a doubt Natalya is gonna retain the title.
AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin: Styles is gonna retain, got the idea that the title will be for Tye Dillinger.
Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler: Don't give a shit about this one, really don't like the "mew character" that Ziggler has.
Randy Orton vs. Rusev: Would love to see Rusev winning this one, still remember when Mahal was his partner and know he's the champ.

And no Sami again, serioulsy WWE what the fuck, damn it.

« Reply #749 on: October 08, 2017, 08:33:40 pm »
Gablejamin vs Hype Bros - It was a thing.

New Day vs Usos - This was a great way to actually kick off the show proper.  Lots of good spots and probably the toughest I've seen the New Day in awhile.  Just a great match.

Rusev vs Orton - I really wish they could do more with Rusev beyond "I'm foreign! Boo me!" I think he's a good wrestler and he's looking great right now, but he's just been floundering since coming from back injury.  And Orton is here I guess.  Haven't really care about anything Orton has done since...Like two Wrestlemania's ago? Three? That cool match with Seth Rollins.  He's fine, he's just nothing character wise.  It's all just RKO, nothing more.  He's like Lesnar who is nothing but Suplex's and F5's, though Orton is better to me than Lesnar.  The match was fine, pretty standard stuff for both.

Corbin vs Styles vs Dillinger - Did Corbin get a new intro? Cool song.  Kinda curious who will come out of this one with the belt.  Styles will be Styles no matter what.  Win or Lose, he'll be fine.  Corbin has been on the downslope since losing the MITB case, and I don't think Corbin gets anything out of this even with a win.  This could be great for Dillinger and I actually kinda hope he wins.  This match was actually overall fine.  Corbin can fine at wrestling, he's just never been an interesting character, which leaves me uninterested, but Dillinger and Styles had some fun spots.  An amazing almost accidental pin by Dillinger in this that made me laugh.  Good stuff.

Charlotte vs Natalya - I know Charlotte can have better matches, but this was just kind of a slow one.  Mostly just got bored.

Mahal vs Nakamura - I could care less about Mahal now, but his floor display is really cool looking lol I want Nakamura to win, but I know it's not happening.  They got a big India tour coming up and they are gonna have Mahal at the lead as champion.  This really just seems like a waste of time for Nakamura.  Maybe with Styles dropping the belt, him and Nakamura could have some sweet matches.

Roode vs Ziggler - Haven't been watching the live shows, but been seeing the bits of Zigglers new character thing of mocking what he thinks are popular wrestlers because of flashy entrances, and him being the best pure wrestler.  I think the idea works, but the problem is that I don't see this lasting for too long and just becomes yet another thing Ziggler tries to get over with.  Abgain, it was fine, but I'm not getting much out of this.

Owens vs McMahon - I've only been generally following the shenanigans for this one, but I'm curious where this take things story wise.  I'm hearing that Owens could use this as a reason to head back to RAW, I'm not sure, but it's Owens, so it's gonna be good and Shane can usually offer something interesting, though you want to wonder what crazy thing he'll jump off of.  I can't imagine he's doing the top of the cage for a normal PPV lol

Owens is going all out here.  As intense as the New Day/Uso match.  This match is ridiculous, it's terrifying watching them fight on top for so long...Oh man, it's happening, the thing is happening.  Ridiculous match with huge story potential.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:30:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »