Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91104 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #750 on: October 09, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »
I was expecting to see Kevin jumping of the cage over Shane damn I even was expecting to see Shane going through the cell into the ring just like The Undertaker did with Mankind years ago but damn never expected what Sami has done, can't fucking wait to see what will happen next Tuesday, Owens as a face would be awesome but Sami as a Heel never came into my mind, the fuck this is brilliant  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #751 on: October 20, 2017, 05:18:54 pm »
TLC is gonna be a weird, but hopefully wild show this week.  There's been a big meningitis issue at WWE lately, with more than a few missing shows.  It's gotten so bad, that Reigns is getting pulled and replaced with...THE RETURN OF KURT ANGLE?! WHAT?! Also with Bray out, that means Balor is getting a new opponent, who is...AJ STYLES?! WHAT?! I'm still confused on the point of the Shield battle for Miz, Kane, Strowman, Cesaro, and Sheamus, it's a weird 5 on 3 fight, with maybe someone else coming in? I'm all in for Kurt though. 

We are also getting the RAW debut of Asuka, so that's at least 3 matches I really want to see.

doafan

« Reply #752 on: October 21, 2017, 09:19:24 am »
For me this has become quite interesting, not only because I really want to know how the hell the writters are going to fix this mess also don't have to say that the match between Balor and Styles is gonna be pretty good neither that I have never expected to see Angle with the Shield, honestly I wasn't interesed in this PPV but now it has all my attention  ;D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4727519/wwe-raw-tlc-bray-wyatt-meningitis/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4733433/wwe-kurt-angle-tlc-roman-reigns-aj-styles-finn-balor/

« Reply #753 on: October 21, 2017, 03:51:59 pm »
I feel there's a chance that Kurt Angle might not wrestle, because it's such a kind of throwaway thing for them to with him and not something they built, as cool as it sounds, and it would be wasted in a match where he'll likely get stomped.  Maybe there will be shenanigans, or a surprise save, because they kinda have to have a save with it being 3 on 5 and one of which is Strowman.  Maybe they can spin this as a way to get Kurt into some actual matches against someone.

« Reply #754 on: October 22, 2017, 11:06:59 pm »
I was about 60% right about Kurt not wrestling in this lol

Also, maybe I'm just forgetting past TLC shows, but did the other ones have no actual TLC outside of one match?  Why have a gimmick show if there's only one match with the shows namesake?  It wasn't till the main event that I realized there was nothing going on with the actual TLC.

Other than that, this show was mostly good.  If anything, it was consistent as there really wasn't a bad match outside of maybe Banks vs Fox being kinda boring, along with Elias vs Jordan.  Styles vs Balor was real solid, Asuka vs Emma was the squash that was expected, but it's good to see Asuka on the main show.  Everything else was fine. 

The Shield vs Miz and Gang was good here and there, but the pacing wasn't great.  More than a few points where it felt like the show came to a crawl, but there was one part later on that I sorta love it simply on the idea and look of it alone.  I'm kinda wondering if not having Reigns here caused them to kinda rush to choreograph a different show to some degree.  Overall, I had some fun with it, even if it had some issues.

Braun Strowman continues to be the best though.

doafan

« Reply #755 on: October 24, 2017, 02:43:57 pm »
Can't wait to see tonight's SmackDown am pretty sure that what happened yesterday the team RAW is going to make a visit to Shane also want to know who the hell will KO and Sami going to fight, seriously hope that this two can became the next tag team champions, not for Owen but for Sami, the dude really needs to carry a belt or a championship  :'(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #756 on: October 25, 2017, 02:01:07 pm »
Well, Ryder had a good time at the Raw Invasion:

doafan

« Reply #757 on: October 31, 2017, 12:27:36 pm »
Natalia's face totally sold me her "new finishing move"  ;D

« Reply #758 on: November 05, 2017, 07:00:57 pm »
We mostly talk about WWE here, but I love Wrestle Kingdom over in Japan every year and this year, the main event is Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega.  Normally Jericho is fine in what he does, but it'll be interesting to see Jericho in a vastly different dynamic as Wrestle Kingdom feels so much different compared to anything that happens in WWE.  Can't wait for this show.

doafan

« Reply #759 on: November 06, 2017, 12:07:00 pm »
We mostly talk about WWE here, but I love Wrestle Kingdom over in Japan every year and this year, the main event is Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega.  Normally Jericho is fine in what he does, but it'll be interesting to see Jericho in a vastly different dynamic as Wrestle Kingdom feels so much different compared to anything that happens in WWE.  Can't wait for this show.

That should be interesting and since I really don't know that much about Wrestle Kingdom when it will be aired ?, don't want to miss it  8)

« Reply #760 on: November 06, 2017, 01:17:25 pm »

That should be interesting and since I really don't know that much about Wrestle Kingdom when it will be aired ?, don't want to miss it  8)

I think it's streamed on NJPW's own network and it's on January 4th.

doafan

« Reply #761 on: November 06, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »
Yes it is, definetely am not gonna miss it ...

doafan

« Reply #762 on: November 14, 2017, 01:22:43 pm »
Survivor Series is this next Sunday and it seems that Team Raw is going with everything, Triple H is taking the place of Jason Jordan since this last got injured against Wyatt, hope that we can have a good feud between the dude with the biggest nose at the industry with Shane (for all the mess with the Under Siege event) also the Shield will face The New Day which if am not wrong this will be the first time that these two will compete against each other, Bayley has been declared the last woman to be part of the female team, honestly am kinda sad of this cause I was really expecting to see the return of Paige at this event and most important got the idea that Owens and Zayn which are not included in any match will bretaye team Smackdown and become the newest members of the Raw roster, have my doubts about the incident where both wrestlers were sent home from the United Kingdom tour after what happened at the last SmackDown show, wonder what changes will happen tonight at the blue show.

« Reply #763 on: November 18, 2017, 09:48:38 am »
NXT: WarGames is tonight with Survivor Series tomorrow.  Gonna be weird watching NXT a little bit as I haven't watched anything from it for quite awhile.  Not as many people I know even in the match in particular as most of my favorites have already gone to the main show such as Nakamura, Roode, and Asuka.  Other guys I like and know aren't even on the show this time, but the big team main event sounds pretty dope though as it's a return of an old cage setup, with two rings and the teams of three entering one at a time.

Kassius Ohno vs Lars Sullivan - This was good enough as essentially a big man match.  Kassius reminds me alot of like a better moving Big Cass with his moves, while Lars reminds me of like the bigger Ascension guy if he was in much better shape.  They are really pushing him as this unstoppable big guy.  A less intimidating Braun Strowman basically.  Nothing amazing, but some of those seemed pretty legit.

Velveteen Dream vs Aleister Black - Sometimes I love stark contrast matches in terms of characters and this one is very much that.  Didn't know they had a wrestler of this type, the overly stylish, effeminate, Prince, type.  Don't know if he can wrestle, but he's got the character down.  This is the weirdest best match I've seen in a long time.  Lots of holds and character based mindgames and both are so over.  This match was great.

Ended up missing most of the women's match, but I think it was a good choice for the winner.

McIntyre vs Almas - This match had some pretty good some spots and some very inventive interference from Selena.

WarGames - This is a pretty dope looking setup, based on an idea originally made up by Dusty Rhodes, it's a two ring setup in a cage, just with the roof removed so they can do air moves.  This could be pretty awesome I hope.  Or it'll be a mess, but probably still fun lol  What a twist, it was awesome AND a mess! I love it! lol Ah man, that one Sanity tore himself open pretty bad. He was off camera for awhile, but you could just see the blood pool.  Crazy match.

NXT once again does an amazing job.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:28:45 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2017, 08:11:12 pm »
I feel like the women's team match at Survivor was just done to put over Asuka more, which I'm not 100% against, but man it had a lot of slop going on and was another instance of WWE burying Becky Lynch which is so unfortunate.  Everything else has just been alright so far.  Mostly just skimmed Miz vs Corbin and the tag team championship as there isn't much interest for me right now.  Not really expecting much from Brock vs AJ or the women's championship, so hopefully the men's team match is good.

Lesnar vs Styles was about what I expected, which was Lesnar throwing Styles around most of the match with bouts of Styles getting over.  Styles was still good though, but man...I hate that Lesnar still has the belt.  Guaranteed he keeps it till Wrestlemania and we'll get something awful like Reigns vs Lesnar again.

If there is anything I could be happy for tonight, is that Strowman continues to be the best thing ever in WWE.  The final Raw vs Smackdown match was overall good, other than I hated how much of a squash it was.  Didn't help that the feed wasn't working right so I missed all of the interaction between Balor and Nakamura, even if it was likely short.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:50:23 pm by kamikazekeeg »