Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91074 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:26 pm »
So disappointed. I was hoping that even if Sting was just there for the game, that they'd at least announce a Monday Night Wars or WCW themed storyline mode.

But no, he's just a freaking pre-order exclusive.  >:(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2014, 01:03:40 am »
TNA Impact Wrestling Cancelled by Spike TV

And things just get worst for the wrestling industry, ouch.

Jeff Jarret's new Global Force Wrestling can't get up and running soon enough.

jcalder8

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2014, 11:39:32 am »

I'm actually surprised that they lasted as long as they did.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

In the last few months, TNA has sucked worse than it EVER has. But in the last couple of weeks, it seems they've realized that and turned things around. The returned focus on the X-Division, the return of the six-sided ring, the returns of Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, and Rhyno.

I'm more excited for this week's Impact than I am Raw. So this was disappointing news to hear, for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 12:14:55 pm »
Vince Russo kills yet another wrestling company. That guy is a cancer when it comes to wrestling, seriously.

Apparently Spike TV told TNA already they wanted nothing to do with Russo, but recently found out that he's still working for TNA and THAT'S why they decided not to renew TNA's contract.

I wouldn't want anything to do with the guy, either, after seeing what he did to WCW, a company that actually managed to beat WWF in ratings before Russo came on board.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0728/579427/more-on-spike-tv-not-renewing-tna-impact-contract/

jcalder8

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:21 pm »

In the last few months, TNA has sucked worse than it EVER has. But in the last couple of weeks, it seems they've realized that and turned things around. The returned focus on the X-Division, the return of the six-sided ring, the returns of Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, and Rhyno.

I'm more excited for this week's Impact than I am Raw. So this was disappointing news to hear, for me.
I'm glad that they finally brought back the six-sided ring! I haven't watched in years but it just became a knockoff wwe when they went away from the X-division.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:39 pm »
J.R.'s take on this, makes the most sense out of any speculation I've heard:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0728/579459/jim-ross-comments-on-speculation-that-spike-tv-may-purchase-tna/

Jim Ross posted another blog today on the Spike TV - TNA situation. With Spike TV commenting stating that they "don't comment on ongoing negotiations," and TNA President Dixie Carter also stating that negotiations were ongoing, JR wondered if this was simply spin by the two sides, or if Spike was indeed negotiating to get a lower rights fee. He also speculated on if Spike TV may be trying to purchase the company, like they did when they recently bought out Bellator MMA.
"Could Spike be thinking like TBS, Turner Broadcasting Systems, when Jim Crockett Promotions found themselves in financial trouble and TBS bought WCW and perhaps be looking to add a pro wrestling brand to their list of properties? Spike/Viacom recently bought out MMA company Bellator," he wrote. "Those would be two fresh, first run programs that appeal to a primary male demo and that seems to be the Spike profile or so it seems to me based on their current programming more often than not.

"Why would Spike want to get rid of one of the few shows on their network that garners over 1M viewers per week in prime time? That makes no sense to me but Spike negotiating to keep TNA at a lower dollar does."

Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, including more on this situation, his podcast with Sting, Vince Russo, WWE's upcoming conference call and more. You can check out the full entry by clicking here.

Also, don't forget to order some of JR's BBQ Sauce, which is great for the kitchen and the grill, at WWEShop.com by clicking here.

And J.R. is still pawning off his "famous" BBQ sauce, lol!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:00 pm »
http://www.givemesport.com/486970-wwe-stretched-to-breaking-point-after-mcmahon-leaves-crew-without-vital-provision

WWE stretched to breaking point after McMahon leaves crew without vital provision

The WWE and Vince McMahon, amidst an increasingly strained economic setting, are making drastic cuts that have seen the organization, and in particular it's live shows, put at risk.

Whilst WWE CEO Vince McMahon has previously looked to counter the financial difficulties which have beset the company in recent times by offloading fringe wrestlers and promoting the WWE Network, WrestleZone revealed Friday that he has now moved on to cuts that could impact the live shows that are the very lifeblood of the organization.

Bus cancelled

The report revealed that following McMahon's implementation of a $20 million budget cut, the WWE production crew has been hugely impacted.

With such a busy schedule of live shows ranging from Raw and Smackdown to pay-per-view events, those charged with setting up and dismantling the set once the likes of John Cena and Roman Reigns are long gone are the WWE crew.

The behind the scenes work is not usually complete until around 1am, and with shows often lined up for the very next day in cities and towns hundreds of miles away, the WWE had previously given crew access to a bus so as to allow them to get much needed rest ahead of another busy day.

That, it has been revealed, is no longer the case.

As reported by Justin LaBar, the crew are now being forced to drive themselves to the different show locations. This is a problem on two counts. Firstly they can no longer get as muchrest and thus will be working on less sleep and therefore could be likely to make what could prove to be fatal errors in judgement when setting up as a result.

Secondly, it is clear from sources close to the situation that the crew are becoming increasingly fed up with the situation that is leaving many exhausted.

Trouble brewing

As is now common knowledge, the WWE are desperately trying to find a solution to their money worries.

With a projected loss of $50-$60 million by year's end McMahon has risked the wrath of the WWE employees with his recent moves. As well as upsetting the integral crew of whom many are said to be reaady to seek employment elsewhere should a solution not be found, there are suggestions that some of the WWE superstars are frustrated with royalties being held back in recent weeks.

All in all it is clear Vince McMahon is stuck in a catch 22 situation. The more he tries to stop the rot, the more he seems to put the WWE on the brink of crisis.

Wow.

The wrestling industry is just hurting all the way around.

I wish, I REALLY, really wish WWE and TNA would wake up already. The PG-era isn't working. No matter how much production value they put behind crappy wrestling, it's still crappy wrestling. No one wants to follow a product that is stale, predictable, and boring.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:20 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 12:59:58 pm »
WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON THE WWE AGAIN?!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2151656-hulk-hogan-announces-when-he-will-return-to-wwe-raw?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Is this setting the table for Sting's return, too? Because Sting is still dropping hints about him appearing in the actual WWE, not just the video game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 11:32:36 pm »
That dude will be 100, I'll 60, and I'll still get as excited as an 8 year old when he comes out. I'll be a Hulkamaniac forever.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2014, 10:59:54 pm »

and

The latest additions to my wrestling collection. Some really good ones! The VHSes are better than the DVD on the Best of Raws, because the DVD release only collects the first 2 volumes! Those Best of Raws cover 1997-2001, pretty much the best era in WWF!

spac316

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2014, 06:29:56 pm »
WWE Smackdown came by Seattle on Aug. 12th and I attended the event. I won't spoil anything but I bought the right ticket because I was three seats away from Roman Reigns' entrance! Here's the pic I snapped of that...
Now to wait till Friday to see if I was caught on Camera.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:23:31 am by spac316 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »
^ Awesome!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 09:04:10 pm »
For your retro-pleasure:

The Mega Powers running wild, brother!