Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91746 times)

gio

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2015, 09:08:48 am »
I'm looking forward to the New Japan Cup starting this week. I feel like Ibushi is gonna win, leading to Ibushi finally beating Nak at Invasion Attack.

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2015, 05:23:02 am »
Grabbed the WWE Network for the weekend, mostly for the Hall of Fame, but figured I'd go back, watch last years Hall of Fame (That Jake Roberts induction...wooo...intense, so was the Warriors), this years, and Wrestlemania tomorrow.  Been awhile since I just watched something that wasn't connected to OSW Review.  Good stuff with the Hall of Fame shows, reliving some of the stuff I use to enjoy in wrestling.  Tears were aplenty.  While I haven't watched anything fully in wrestling in many years, seeing this kind of stuff kinda pulls me back in.  Watching that and Wrestling Kingdom earlier this year, it helps to pull me back in abit.  Now I'm not expecting much out of Wrestlemania, I kinda know the problems it is going in with and the state of franchise right now, but maybe it'll be cool to catch a full Wrestlemania again.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2015, 12:34:27 pm »
2 guys from my gun forum are going tonight. They didn't even plan it, both just happen to be going lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2015, 07:09:13 pm »
While I don't know the new guys too much, I totally like Daniel Bryan.  He just has that great face attitude about him.  Plus he has a great version of Ride of the Valkyrie for his intro that I like lol

lol Geez, NWO and DX showed up at the Sting vs Triple H fight.  Reliving the 90's here lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:29:52 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:07 pm »
Well Wrestlemania 31 turned out to be far more entertaining than I expected. I haven't watched any new wrestling in years and only heard about some of the issues they've been having recently, so wasn't expecting much out of this. Turned out to be pretty fun.

-Completely missed the tag match and missed most of the Rumble, so won't say much there, but people were super bummed Mizdow didn't win the rumble lol I just barely know the Mizdow gimmick and I was wanting him to win lol

-Intercontinental ladder match had some great spots in it. I don't know Bryan all too well, but he's one of those face guys you just like. Love his "Yes" gimmick, love his intro song, turned out to be a solid match with lots of flying around.  Probably one of the few newer guys I really like so far.

-Cena vs Rusov wasn't super exciting. I wasn't paying too much attention to it.  I'm not even burnt out on Cena from watching him and I'm just not into it. Something about 'murrica and screw Russia, I don't know lol Seemed alright.  To me it seemed very predictable who would win and I don't usually care about that kind of stuff.

-Orton vs Rollins had a pretty solid match. Not really into either of them, but seemed good enough as a match.  No complaints.

-HHH vs Sting had some good moments in it, playing up the characters, and both doing well, but then turned into a 90's love fest when DX and the NWO showed up to raise some hell. The kid in me marked out at that lol "Oh my goodness, I know this is super gimmicky and these guys aren't wrestling, but I love it!"

-Undertaker vs Wyatt was just more nostalgic fun. There were some mostly great bumps and I love these two fantasy/creepy characters going at each other (Doesn't seem like you see this kind of stuff as much anymore), and though there were probably a few too many slow points, I didn't have a problem with it.

-Diva match...Eh.  Watching clips of Alundra Blayze from the Hall of Fame last night and then watching these new girls wrestle today, I just can't put any attention to this stuff.

-Brock vs Reigns. This was gonna be the troublesome match from what I heard and man did it have some intense spots. Every single hit that Brock gave looked nasty. Super brutal (There's a reason Understaker had a concussion last year), and it turned into this match of...How do you keep Brock in his "beast" status and make it so Reigns doesn't look worse than he already does because everyone hates him? Well you do that by Rollins running down, cashing in his money in the bank, and taking the title for himself! I kinda hate matches that end like this, especially ones for the belt, but it made perfect sense and it was a hell of an upset after the brutal beating that went on.

Overall, it's been good getting back into wrestling somewhat. Watched the recent and last Hall of Fame last night and Wrestlemania tonight and kinda went back to some of the feelings I use to have with wrestling growing up in the 90's. I doubt WWE will continue to be this likable from their track record, but then again, I can always go see about giving New Japan a look. Wrestle Kingdom 9 earlier this year was awesome lol

*EDIT*
Oh and I totally forgot about HHH's entrance for his match.  It was both awful and awesome at the same time.  It was so shameless and pathetic with its cross promotion to the new Terminator movie, but it was also ridiculous, it was hard to kinda not like.  Just wow.

https://vine.co/v/OLOQIXAdeD1
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:15:29 am by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2015, 12:28:27 am »
My thoughts on WrestleMania:

Randy Orton and Seth Rollins had a solid match. Nothing show stealing, but a great way to set the mood for the night.

HHH vs. Sting was exciting as hell. HHH's entrance was ridiculous as all hell, but the match itself was awesome! Surprises and twists through-out. And who thought we'd see D-X vs. nWo happen?! Match of the night, for me! I completely marked out. Felt like it was 1998 and we were seeing the dream match we always wanted to see (I just ignored all the grey hair, lol). Too bad Sting lost. I was really, REALLY hoping to see him win in what will probably be his final match. Greatest of all-time in my book.

The Intercontinental Ladder match, pretty good. Not up there with The Hardyz/Edge & Christian/Dudleyz, but still lots of surprises. I really had hoped Dean Ambrose came out on top of that one. But the fans like Daniel Bryan for whatever reason.

John Cena vs. Rusev was a match made for WrestleMania. The build-up was excellent. The use of national pride was done right, without seeming too cheesy. And Rusev was built as a helluva strong heel. Something WWE has been lacking for a long time. And the match itself was a great back-and-forth battle that was worth of the build-up.

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt delivered, too. Great match that pulled out all the stops. And dang does Undertaker know how to sell a move. I actually wondered for a minute if he did get a concussion again. He was also in great shape, better looking than he was last year, that's for sure.

And the main-event was surprisingly good. Damn good, aggressive, hard-hitting match. Exciting to the end with both men just getting the holy hell beaten out of them. And then that surprise ending! Awesome! I am SO setting my DVR to record Raw tomorrow night.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2015, 04:26:47 pm »
Best line of the night, "Suplex city, bitch."

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:08 pm »
Best line of the night, "Suplex city, bitch."

Those freaking suplex's.  Reigns can't be feeling good after that match lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2015, 06:01:56 pm »
So, that was an awesome Raw. Glad I tuned in. Didn't get to see Sting like I had hoped, but looks like I can see that on the WWE Network. There was lots of rehashing of last night's stuff, but that's too be expected the night after WrestleMania. The stuff in-between was great.

The Brock Lesnar part was awesome. Felt like an Attitude Era angle. This is why I'll be tuning into Raw again next week.

And John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose was a helluva match. I was so hoping Ambrose would walk away with that title. But still, I can't complain about the match itself.

This was also my first time seeing Neville from NXT. That was awesome. He reminded me of a young RVD, but even more frenetic in his movement.

I still hate Cody Rhodes, always have. I feel he's only there because of his family name. But I wanted to mention him because his new cape reminds me of Mr. Sinister from X-Men, anyone else?

And the "Waluigi is #1" sign from WrestleMania last night was back!

Most entertaining Raw I've seen in a while. I hope whoever is responsible for WrestleMania and tonight's Raw's writing gets a raise.

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »
Does Raw not go up on the network at all?  I know it's on TV, but my DVR hasn't been working right lately and I actually missed watching it on TV.  Kinda disappointed it's not up lol Not that I haven't gotten my money with watching the two Hall of Fames, Wrestlemania, and now watching the Macho Man documentary on it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:35:34 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:48 pm »
Does Raw not go up on the network at all?  I know it's on TV, but my DVR hasn't been working right lately and I actually missed watching it on TV.  Kinda disappointed it's not up lol Not that I haven't gotten my money with watching the two Hall of Fames, Wrestlemania, and now watching the Macho Man documentary on it.

They do put it on the network, but you have to wait. I'm not sure how long.

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2015, 08:13:01 pm »

They do put it on the network, but you have to wait. I'm not sure how long.

Oh I see it now, I believe they do it under "Raw Replays"? Sadly it looks like they do them a month out from showing.  The last one on it goes back to February 23rd.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2015, 10:28:18 pm »
Yeah I've heard the syndicated stuff is delayed by about a month because of network agreements for TV.

« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
New, new, new, new, NEW WORLD ORDER! f,f,f,f,f, FOR LIFE!

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2015, 07:31:58 pm »
Was kinda excited to hear that New Japan Pro Wrestling would be getting some english commentated episodes coming up as I really liked what I saw with Wrestling Kingdom 9.  Sadly, AXS TV isn't a thing in my area.  Oh well...