Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91147 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2015, 01:48:01 am »
It looks like Daniel Bryan is going to be forced to retire. I just started watching wrestling last year around the time CM Punk left and Daniel Bryan quickly became my favorite. It's kind of sad that he just came back from injury and now he's injured again. Jeff Hardy is apparently injured now as well. I mainly watch WWE but I watch TNA sometimes to see Jeff Hardy.

This is my first post on this forum and I feel like such a downer.. well, at least Neville is a really fun to watch new talent!

Damn, is it really that bad for Bryan?  I'm new to him after starting back into wrestling with the last Wrestlemania and I was really totally liking him, but hearing him being unfit to do any wrestling and now this, it just really sucks.  Such a short WWE career if he has to retire, though I understand he's been doing wrestling in various places over a decade now.

Neville is a cool newer guy though, I definitely agree there.  Gotta work on his persona abit more, but he's got some real skills.  He's got a ton of push behind him, but unlike some other folks who were failing their push, like Reigns (Who I feel is coming back abit more lately from what I heard of him before Wrestlemania), he's gets the ups and downs while being very likable.  Hopefully he can become someone big.  He totally needs to win King of the Ring, though he probably won't simply because he's too new.  Can't rush his hype too fast lol

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2015, 11:04:01 pm »
It looks like Daniel Bryan is going to be forced to retire. I just started watching wrestling last year around the time CM Punk left and Daniel Bryan quickly became my favorite. It's kind of sad that he just came back from injury and now he's injured again. Jeff Hardy is apparently injured now as well. I mainly watch WWE but I watch TNA sometimes to see Jeff Hardy.

This is my first post on this forum and I feel like such a downer.. well, at least Neville is a really fun to watch new talent!

Damn, is it really that bad for Bryan?  I'm new to him after starting back into wrestling with the last Wrestlemania and I was really totally liking him, but hearing him being unfit to do any wrestling and now this, it just really sucks.  Such a short WWE career if he has to retire, though I understand he's been doing wrestling in various places over a decade now.

Neville is a cool newer guy though, I definitely agree there.  Gotta work on his persona abit more, but he's got some real skills.  He's got a ton of push behind him, but unlike some other folks who were failing their push, like Reigns (Who I feel is coming back abit more lately from what I heard of him before Wrestlemania), he's gets the ups and downs while being very likable.  Hopefully he can become someone big.  He totally needs to win King of the Ring, though he probably won't simply because he's too new.  Can't rush his hype too fast lol

Yeah, Daniel Bryan was supposed to defend the Intercontinental Championship against Bad News Barrett at Extreme Rules but the day of the show they announced Daniel Bryan won't be having the match. He wasn't on RAW the next night either. He has definitely made a mark on WWE though by holding every championship title.. except the WWE Divas Championship of course.

Yeah I didn't expect Neville to win King of the Ring but he definitely put on two great matches when he was a contender. I don't really have a strong opinion on Roman Reigns but I really hope he doesn't win the title at Payback. Seth Rollins should keep it for at least one more PPV.

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2015, 12:27:13 am »
I love Seth Rollins as this douche heel champion.  The next one after Payback would probably be good, definitely don't want it to be Reigns yet, but I'm curious where Lesnar will come back into play.  He was suspended in story and hasn't shown up at all since Raw after Wrestlemania.  He's the only missing part of the Wrestlemania shenanigans that should probably come into play.  My guesstimation, is that Rollins somehow wins at Payback, which takes out Reigns and Orton from the running, which then makes the match come down to Lesnar vs Rollins? Could be completely wrong on that though.

I'm also anticipating the return of Masked Kane.  They are building up to his leaving the Authority, maybe him ruining Rollins keeping of the belt as his last move, since they talk about how it was him that got him the chance at the belt in the first place.

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:23 pm »
I love Seth Rollins as this douche heel champion.  The next one after Payback would probably be good, definitely don't want it to be Reigns yet, but I'm curious where Lesnar will come back into play.  He was suspended in story and hasn't shown up at all since Raw after Wrestlemania.  He's the only missing part of the Wrestlemania shenanigans that should probably come into play.  My guesstimation, is that Rollins somehow wins at Payback, which takes out Reigns and Orton from the running, which then makes the match come down to Lesnar vs Rollins? Could be completely wrong on that though.

I'm also anticipating the return of Masked Kane.  They are building up to his leaving the Authority, maybe him ruining Rollins keeping of the belt as his last move, since they talk about how it was him that got him the chance at the belt in the first place.

I could see someone winning the Money in the Bank briefcase and cashing in soon after and winning but I'm not sure who that would be. Probably who ever will feud with Brock Lesnar. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure Brock Lesnar will return SummerSlam since that's the second largest PPV.

I kind of actually like Corporate Kane because I enjoy his mic skills. I just think the character is kind of boring, I would like to see him without his mask but in a different role just so he can keep talking. Maybe as GM of RAW? I don't even know who the current one is if there even is one.

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2015, 05:39:28 pm »
NXT really does seem to have a better handle with using their women in the matches.  In WWE, I literally groan with every interaction of the Divas I've seen since getting back to watching since Wrestlemania. It's painful.  Almost none of the women seem to have any real athleticism to them.  Lots of botched moves and boring angles.  Only interesting thing that happened so far was the thing with Naomi being a real heel and wearing glowing shoes or the funny little angle of Lana getting fan fupport at shows and making Rusev pissed off, but she's not even a wrestler lol

Charlotte is one of the few I've seen who actually feels like a proper wrestler to me.  She's tall, noticeably athletic, and she has that Flair history she's pushing.  She takes some serious bumps too and sells it well.  I'm trying to watch more NXT, it's just harder with the smaller audience making the shows feel abit empty in comparison to like Raw or Smackdown for obvious reasons.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2015, 08:51:23 pm »
Damn I miss this announce team:

Tony Schiavone could make any match sound like the most exciting event in the history of mankind. And Bobby Heenan, was Bobby Heenan; always entertaining.

« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2015, 04:07:38 am »
So is it just an inevitability that Cena is gonna beat Rusev at Payback?  From what I've heard from before Wrestlemania, Rusev was set up as this unstoppable Russian beast, and that Cena beating him was a big deal.  But just what is the outcome of this if Cena wins? If Wrestlemania didn't get him back over and beloved by people, what is a smaller PPV such as Payback gonna do after Cena already beating him twice before? It'll just bury Russev further, Cena is a winner, and then I guess soon after Cena just loses it to someone else and that's that.  It's that obvious right? With Russev emotionally abusing Lana, she has to end up doing something that causes Cena to win. I think it's pretty obvious that other than the most hardcore fans and kids, people are tired of him.

I know I haven't been in the scene for a long time, but is it unthinkable that Rusev wins, Cena takes that loss seriously and leaves for awhile, hoping that he can come back as this humbled ex-champion looking for redemption in the ring later on with abit of a refresh on him? Maybe something that doesn't have him looking like a walking merchandise table? lol

« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2015, 01:44:03 am »
Bummer.  It's official that Bryan is out for an undetermined amount of time and he came out to relinquish the belt.  It must be really hard for him as he lost his belt last year apparently to injuries also.

And just as I was getting tired of the lame "Axelmania" gimmick, they somehow saved it with him fighting "Macho Mandow" and what is basically recreating the "Mega Powers" of the classic days lol  It's dumb and goofy, but I can get behind that.  Sandow needs to come out in full Macho Man outfitting at Payback this weekend lol
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:48:36 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2015, 07:37:03 am »
Bummer.  It's official that Bryan is out for an undetermined amount of time and he came out to relinquish the belt.  It must be really hard for him as he lost his belt last year apparently to injuries also.

And just as I was getting tired of the lame "Axelmania" gimmick, they somehow saved it with him fighting "Macho Mandow" and what is basically recreating the "Mega Powers" of the classic days lol  It's dumb and goofy, but I can get behind that.  Sandow needs to come out in full Macho Man outfitting at Payback this weekend lol

Yeah this is exactly what happened with him last year. I feel like WWE will force him to retire so it doesn't hurt their image by making him perform.

I'm kinda disappointed that Damien Sandow is back to gimmicks. It was only like two weeks ago where he returned as Damien Sandow and was talking about his career and now he's already done being himself and went back to the gimmicks. Kinda lame. https://youtu.be/txcrsgw_xlY

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2015, 12:16:48 pm »
WHO THE HELL IS EDITING MY POSTS?!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:29:33 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2015, 04:09:16 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed that Damien Sandow is back to gimmicks. It was only like two weeks ago where he returned as Damien Sandow and was talking about his career and now he's already done being himself and went back to the gimmicks. Kinda lame. https://youtu.be/txcrsgw_xlY

Yeah I agree.  I'm hoping it's just a one off thing for Payback, cause I feel the joke got funny for a moment here, but it can't last.  It needs to be dropped like the second Payback ends lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2015, 08:41:13 pm »
So I've been watching some early 90s WCW stuff on YouTube. WCW Power Hour and WCW Main Event. This was before I really knew about WCW. At this time, the only wrestling I even knew existed as a kid was WWF. So I've never seen any of it. But I really wish I could see this stuff in better quality. Too blurry.

Some great wrestling matches mixed in with some pretty dang ridiculous stuff. I wanted to share one of those ridiculous things I that made me speechless: The Minotaur. They tried to push this guy as an actual half-man/half-beast. I didn't see a match, just a promo. Apparently I would've had to tune in next week on WCW Saturday Night to see him in action for the first time (which I can't find barely any full WCW Saturday Night episodes on YouTube before 1997).

And I wanted to share a pic of a young Marcus Bagwell, better known to wrestling fans as Buff Bagwell. Hilarious haircut!

Seeing Stunning Steve Austin was great, too. He was more of a high-flyer back then. T.V. Champ in this era that I'm watching. Saw a young Harlem Heat (with different individual names, too, Booker T was Coal and I didn't catch Stevie Ray's name), the Steiners were being talked about through an entire episode, they were a great new tag-team set to face Ricky Morton and Barry Windham for the NWA Tag Team Championships (which were separate from the WCW Tag Team Championship which the Hollywood Blondes held (Austin & Brian Pillman)). And I saw an early Diamond Dallas Page match! This is when he was with Vinnie Vegas (Kevin Nash), but he was nowhere to be seen. And Cactus Jack (Mick Foley) had a squash match against some nobody.

Great stuff! It was a lot of fun seeing these guys earlier in their careers. And Jim Ross doing his J.R. thing, but younger.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2015, 07:05:28 pm »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2015, 07:36:52 pm »
;_;7

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2015, 07:55:58 pm »
I just heard.

R.I.P. Hot Rod. EASILY one of the greatest to ever lace-up a pair of boots or hold a mic.