Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91891 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »
Geez, what a botch at Superslam.  There were some good matches and spots, but holy crap did they screw over the Cena/Rollins match and the Brock/Undertaker match.  At least the win in the Cena/Rollins match was good, I think it was right. Lesnar/Undertaker went from a match I was enjoying to being a win by an annoying mishap.  I don't mind shenanigans in a match if the shenanigans are fun.  This wasn't.

WWE Creative showing how uncreative they really are as there were a lot more better options they could've done. I was loving the rumors of Kane showing up to interfere, reuniting the B.O.D., but nope...Lameness.

doafan

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2015, 07:03:04 pm »
Saw the event live with my wife and only because she is a huge fan of Cena, kinda disappointed that this match was even before the one of the divas but am very happy with the results, Seth Rollins did his homework and gave us a decent and entertained fight in my personal opinion John Stewart had nothing to do here, his appearance was unnecessary but what the hell am gonna love to see Rollins with both titles for a while, the battle between Kevin Owens and Cesaro in my opinion was pretty good (Kevin kinda remind me Michael B. the Game Genie) my wife totally hate him cause he kicked Cena's butt some times, this mothafucka had a ladder match at NXT this past week where he totally lost but am glad that he was able to be at Summer Slam too about the main event Taker vs Lesnar what can I said, totally in love with the result, no matter how but the dead man has choose a side and it's not the one of the good guys  ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:06:11 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2015, 07:52:21 pm »
I had no real issue with Undertaker cheating, he's the Deadman, screw the rules, but I thought it was just kinda lame by using timekeeper shenanigans to give him the opening.  It could've been ANYTHING else to do it.  My favorite rumor was that Kane was going to show up and cause a distraction or help work on Lesnar and I think it would've been amazing had Kane come out, caused a distraction, which then Undertaker would use to knock out Lesnar.  Lesnar flipping the bird at Taker before he passed out was amazing.

Same for the Cena/Rollins match.  I don't particularly love Cena, I think he's too stiff, his performance too noticeable, but Rollins nailed and it worked well enough.  Stewart coming out made no damned sense, especially when the whole time he was talking about being pissed at Lesnar, so Stewart should've been the distraction during that match, not in the one with Cena/ Rollins.  What sold me on the match mostly was that great stomp Rollins did with Cena hanging off the turnbuckle.  It looked awesome lol

Owens and Cesaro was pretty great, though I have to wonder, why does Cesaro do the big swing? I don't get why he does it, since it only made sense in his tag match with Tyson, so that Tyson can do the drop kick on the spinning guy lol

As much as I want to see Rollins lose his belt to someone, him getting both belts now is gonna be amazing.  The ego level is going to hit incredible new heights, to the point that I'm actually gonna watch Raw live to see it, rather than waiting to watch it on DVR later lol

I just hope that Undertaker didn't get messed up in the fight with Lesnar again like he did at Wrestlemania.  There's video of him kinda collapsing and crawling back behind the exit just after the match.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, they bring up the collapse at the end on Raw, so it wasn't anything serious, just more material for them to use lol

And suddenly, The Dudley Boyz are back after being gone from WWE for 10 years! That's quite the shake up for the tag team groups I would think.  I know I was getting tired of the same groups just rotating around.  I know its been awhile since I've seen a table used like this lol
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:44:11 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »
I guess am gonna totally miss Raw cause I don't have that channel, so please post your comments about it will try to find a copy of it cause I really want to show my wife that Cena no longer has the belt, she became mad every time that I told her that his no longer the champ and am pretty 100% sure that Cena will talk trash about the event and how he lost the WWE United States Championship  :P

« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:13 pm »
I guess am gonna totally miss Raw cause I don't have that channel, so please post your comments about it will try to find a copy of it cause I really want to show my wife that Cena no longer has the belt, she became mad every time that I told her that his no longer the champ and am pretty 100% sure that Cena will talk trash about the event and how he lost the WWE United States Championship  :P

Haven't seen anything Cena yet, though I'm guessing something will happen when they unveil the Rollins statue.  It was like when Rollins gave that expensive car to J&J Security, you just knew something was gonna happen lol

LOL Stewart comes out to a general mixture of boo's, but also "Thank You, Stewart" chants.  Okay, I like Stewarts reason for doing it. He did it so Flair's record wasn't beat AND SUDDENLY RIC FLAIR SHOWS UP! It does make for a kind of weak finale, but that is some good reasoning. Flair is just trying to play it off to Cena though, pass the torch kind of thing.  And here comes the no longer champ, Cena..beltless...shilling his little towels.  His wee towels are all he has now, poor fella.  Cena isn't completely against it, playing the good guy, but now he's playing the worst scenario situation "Rollins has both belts, do you understand what this means?!" And Stewart gets an AA for his troubles lol

At the statue unveiling...Sting was hidden underneath instead, wanting a shot at the title? I don't know how to feel about this lol
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:16:03 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »
Damn, that was a Raw! I kind of feel sorry for the people that ordered the PPV, because everything cool happened the next night! Lesnar, Sting, the Dudleys, Rollins. All of it, GREAT!

The only problem I see is that The Dudleys already steamrolled over the tag-champs, and there's no one else in WWE's tag-team division today that even comes close to The Dudleys level.

doafan

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2015, 01:05:13 pm »
Damn, that was a Raw! I kind of feel sorry for the people that ordered the PPV, because everything cool happened the next night! Lesnar, Sting, the Dudleys, Rollins. All of it, GREAT!

Wow it seems that missed a lot, am glad that I have the Fox channels pack, can have access to all the PPV events from the WWE and only have to pay less than 10 bucks for month, used to paid for event but that was more expensive.

The only problem I see is that The Dudleys already steamrolled over the tag-champs, and there's no one else in WWE's tag-team division today that even comes close to The Dudleys level.

Because of you am downloading this WWE RAW 2015 08 24 HDTV, need to see it by myself about the tag teams it's a damn shame that Edge and Christian also Matt and Hardy are no longer in the company, hope that we can see at least the first two, saw that they are gonna make an appearance in a WWE show, the only ones that can kick all tag butts are no longer with us, am talking about Eddie's and Benoit  :'(

« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2015, 09:57:30 pm »
Kinda random, but I'm certainly not alone in thinking that John Cena might have one of the worst looking submission moves right now, right? He just sorta grabs them around the face, but it never looks like there's any pressure being made or even locked in all that tight.  It's supposed to finish off someone, but a sleeper hold headlock looks more intimidating than this move lol  A straight comparison of one being done better is the Accolade by Rusev.  That's under the chin, body being bent, I've had that done on me as a kid and I know that realistically can hurt.

All the more reason I'm glad Cena lost the belt.  I'm sure the story now is him going to win it back or the main belt or something, but I'm mostly just kinda hoping it kinda maneuvers him into just a regular wrestler slot for abit while more entertaining people go on to do things.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:08 pm »
lol!

doafan

« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2015, 08:15:21 pm »
Saw the Night of Champions event this past Sunday where I do have to say that there were some good old memories here:

* Owne's has finally won his first belt in the company, the match in my opinion was good enough even when he cheated at the last moments of the match and maybe am saying this because this man is one of my favorites wrestlers right now, this is one of the few people that I do follow at Twitter hes kinda cool father and I do respect that a lot.

* The Dudley Boys match was epic but it was a damn shame that they didn't win but at least there was a table, for a moment I was expecting to see Spike too but anyway am very happy to see them again on the WWE, used to follow this badass team at TNA but after seeing them kinda felt bad for not seeing Edge and Christian also Matt and Jeff since this three teams were so awesome.
* The match of Dolph Ziggler was at least in my opinion not the big deal since there was a lot of mistakes from this wrestler and they even show these mistakes at the repetition of the match but it's always nice to see Lana without a doubt the winner of this one was her shoe, damn am kinda perv.
* The divas match well what can I say its always nice to see some females action and besides of all am glad that Nikki Bella has finally lose the belt also Rick Flair without a doubt was a nice couch and after all the pain that Charlotte received the last move leaved me speechless, also the boobs of course.
* About the fight of the family Wyatt! well never expected to see Y2J back in action, in fact I was expecting deep in my heart to see Seth Rollins helping his old team but don't get the wrong idea, Jericho was a nice addition even when he is a little fatty and well about the result of the match I do hope that he can start some fights with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns.
* About the Cena / Rollins fight it's was pure lame that the first one have won again the USA title even when all the people was having big expectations about Seth, Cena was doing the same moves over an over, Rollins practically took the show.
*  Sting / Rollins well this was so fucking unexpected but it was true that you can stop time, practically this one was an important factor for the victory of Seth at the end got the feeling that he was about to loose the title with the Money in the Bank, about Kane well I didn't knew that he wasn't at WWE.

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2015, 09:24:40 pm »
It was overall not too bad of an event, not great, but alright.  Nice for Owens to get a belt, even though it was pretty rushed as it was just sorta him coming out to smacktalk Ryback out of nowhere, and then he's winning it.  I'm good with it, even with being alright with Ryback, but Owens is much better.

The Ziggler/Lana/Rusev/Ray thing just needs to stop lol It's awful.  Rusev needs to drop it all and go back to being a strong fighter.  I always hated storylines like this.

The divas stuff is still pretty underwhelming.  I watched the last NXT match with Sasha and whats her name for the title and they are far better than those in WWE.  I think matches are held back by lame wrestlers like the Bellas.  I'm hoping now that Nicky doesn't have the belt, the team angle will be done away with, cause man is that awful, and then get back to proper feuds and better match variety.  Not that it'll change much.  The "revolution" thing is kinda bogus lol

Cena winning was expected, but Rollins continues to be a great heel.  Two matches right in a row, and the Sting stuff turned out alright.  Was glad he kept it and that Kane came in to stop Sheamus.  I know some of the long term guys don't like seeing all the oldies around, but being that I didn't watch for the past decade, I'm happy with Kane around, especially masked Kane, even though him having hair attached to the mask is abit strange.  I was kinda hoping he was gonna show up at the last event with Undertaker and Lesner.  No chance of him intervening in the next match with them since it's a cage match, but I'm curious to see what his part will be in the story now that he's gone back to being the "Demon" and no longer Corporate Kane and his reasoning for doing so being gone for so long. 

I'm sure we'll find out tonight on Raw which I got on DVR.

« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »
Heck of a battle with Lesnar and Undertaker at Hell in a Cell.  Both of them sprung a blood geyser and I loved the idea of them tearing up the stage to expose the wood below.  I don't believe I've seen that before or at least any time in recent history.  Lots of intense, nasty, looking attacks, both looked destroyed which is the only time being "gassed" makes sense lol  Curious where things are going now after that ending though.  The Undertaker/Lesnar feud is over, but the next bit of story involving Undertaker and Wyatt is sort of out of the blue, but nice that they are finally looking to do something after the last time they fought like a year ago lol

doafan

« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2015, 10:28:37 am »
Wasn't able to post my impressions about the event cause I took the day off yesterday so lets begin.

* Alberto del Rio was a big surprise since he spoke some bad things about is retirement and the management when he was part of WWE months ago, didn't saw his performance when he entered this company but have to admit that this fight was good enough for me, every guy that can kicks Cena's ass have my respects, kinda ironic that a Mexican has now the US Championship.
* The best fight without a doubt was the one of Reigns and Wyatt, this two finally have settle up a complete match alone, was expecting to see Dean Ambrose or some of Wyatt's friends outside the cell, not to help them but to give them some external support but this doesn't mean that the match was bad, damn when I saw the kendo sticks did remember The Sandaman from the ECW, miss this guy.
* WWE Tag Team Championship Match what can I say the Dudley's deserved to win this one, I was yelling like when I was 15 cause these dudes were part of my childhood so they got all my support anyway gotta love what the referee did was expecting to see a disqualification because that was part of the cheat and steal tactics from Eddie Guerrero, really can't wait to see them with the belts.
* About the Charlotte vs Bella fight I didn't saw this fight, took that time to shave, why ? cause I'm not a big fan of the divas, at least not the new ones I was a big fan when China, Lita, Trish, Stacy, Mickie James or even Candice Michelle were part of them, these ones doesn't convince me.
* Rollins vs Kane well this is another match that I did see at least not complete, really don't know about the deal with these two and really don't care, was expecting to see another match between Cena and Seth after all he still has the chance to claim for the belt well I guess so, haven't seen RAW or Smackdown lately so am not quite sure if this already happened.
* Was disappointed with the performance of Goldberg I mean Rayback, for a moment expected to see a new Intercontinental Champion but don't get the wrong idea, Kevin Owens is one of my top 5 wrestlers right now, love his career even when some months ago I didn't knew about his existence until I saw a match between him and Matt Hardy at ROH, am glad that he still remain as a champ.
* Undertaker vs Lesner: what can I say, already read that a lot of people loved this match, am sad to say that I don't share this emotion, the dead man is old and time is something that nobody can beat and this was part of the results of his fight, do not get the wrong idea but this is exactly the same situation that we saw at the last WWE event at the fight between Sting and Rollins when a doctor had to enter the ring to see his condition, loved the way that all the people give support and am intrigued about the appearence of Wyatt, for a moment was expecting that these dudes kinda give the Taker some tribute.

« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2015, 09:11:35 am »
I've been tuning in to RAW less and less. It's way easier to just catch the highlights on their YouTube channel. I would like to start seeing some development of the low mid card guys like Zack Ryder, Heath Slater, Damien Sandow, etc. What is Kane doing in a title match for the WHC in 2015?

« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2015, 05:04:52 pm »
I sorta catch Raw when I can cause I DVR it and it's good to have playing when I'm doing my perler bead projects, but I'm not intently watching it and completely stopped watching smackdown cause no point.  I also wish they would have some more guys start getting used for Raw like Sandow also.  I don't think I've seen him since he was doing that mostly awful Macho Man/Hogan bit that they had to abandon because Hogan no longer exists lol

At least Tyler Breeze is showing up on the main show for something different.  Also is anyone else getting tired of all the multi-tag team matches and 3 vs 3 stuff? Everything with New Day is gold now, but it gets kinda repetitive having the same people tag up all the time, especially when there isn't a very big group of tag teams on Raw.  Even less after Tyson Kidd apparently got injured and disappeared a few months back so Cesaro is having to tag with others.  It just means we see more Cena showing up in these tag events and I want none of that lol