Author Topic: February 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 24774 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: February 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:36 am »
This is a phrase that repeats in my head many many times and never really works.

Tell me about it. I'm already plotting stuff to pick up when I get paid on Thursday. I think I may be developing an addiction to imports...

"I'll quit *tomorrow*"  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2013, 12:48:45 pm »
debating on cancelling SMT: Soul Hackers...

Blasphemy! Low print run on a game that's been held back from US release for over a decade, plus a soundtrack CD? Pre-orders don't get much more mandatory than that :)

scott

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2013, 12:56:28 pm »
debating on cancelling SMT: Soul Hackers...

Blasphemy! Low print run on a game that's been held back from US release for over a decade, plus a soundtrack CD? Pre-orders don't get much more mandatory than that :)

True, and I've never played a legit SMT game before. So I guess this would be my cheapest option. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 01:32:11 pm »
True, and I've never played a legit SMT game before. So I guess this would be my cheapest option. haha

http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Nocturne-Playstation-2/dp/B00024W1U6 - you'll thank me later :)

foxhack

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 05:40:38 pm »
Well, more unexpected finds... and story time.

I stumbled upon a couple of old friends at the flea market today. One of them is a big Smashing Pumpkins fan and I told him that the lady that owned the booth where I got those games yesterday had an album that seemed strange to me. It definitely didn't look like one of their studio albums. It turned out to be something called Infinite Conversations, and he wasn't really going to buy it, but he is a collector... and the seller said the CDs were two for one dollar, so he grabbed it.

He started poking around the CDs (they were dumped on a table now) and I walked there, and noticed the two Beatmania append discs! I grabbed them. One of them is missing the spine card but the other is complete. Since I wouldn't have gotten those two if I hadn't met my friend and told him about the Smashing Pumpkins album, I said I'd pay for it. When I got my change, I gave it to him and said "Happy birthday and christmas". :P

That Dukes of Hazzard game is a racing game. I wasn't going to touch it, but the discs had HDCD stamped on 'em. I've never seen any game shipped on HDCD form before! It actually uses redbook audio tracks. HDCD redbook audio. O_o

As for the other find...

I saw this PS1 system at a booth where I tend to get expensive games and stuff. The add-on thing caught my attention, it's a VCD expansion thing that lets you watch, well, VCDs. But that's not what made me buy this. No sir. This is a Japanese SCPH-1000 model. It has Serial, RCA, Speaker, S-Video, AND PS1 video output cables. I have no idea if it works, but even if it doesn't, I can recoup my costs pretty easily if I sell it for parts. :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:42:41 pm by foxhack »

jobocan

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 06:46:38 pm »
Today I got the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition! (PS3)

The fun thing here is that I actually pre-ordered the normal edition on bestbuy.ca, but some error happened and, at no extra cost, I got the limited edition. In fact, I pre-ordered the normal edition for 50$ (tax and shipping included), so I paid 50$ for the 150$ limited edition.

Similar to this story, my friend pre-ordered the exact same thing as me for the same price, but Best Buy sent him the 360 version instead of the PS3 one. Weird.

Anyways... the box is huge, and the plasma lamp is cool. Can't wait to play this once this PS4 thing ends.

jcalder8

« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2013, 07:59:31 pm »
Today I got the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition! (PS3)

The fun thing here is that I actually pre-ordered the normal edition on bestbuy.ca, but some error happened and, at no extra cost, I got the limited edition. In fact, I pre-ordered the normal edition for 50$ (tax and shipping included), so I paid 50$ for the 150$ limited edition.

Similar to this story, my friend pre-ordered the exact same thing as me for the same price, but Best Buy sent him the 360 version instead of the PS3 one. Weird.

Anyways... the box is huge, and the plasma lamp is cool. Can't wait to play this once this PS4 thing ends.
I guess I should have pre-ordered it lol

darko

« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:26 am »

http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Nocturne-Playstation-2/dp/B00024W1U6 - you'll thank me later :)

If you don't buy this game for that price you are literally out of your mind. Easily one of the best RPGs on the system that brought us plenty of great RPGs.

« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2013, 04:08:53 am »
Woah, $18?! I want to buy it for that price and I don't even own a US PS2 anymore! :D

scott

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2013, 04:25:45 am »

If you don't buy this game for that price you are literally out of your mind. Easily one of the best RPGs on the system that brought us plenty of great RPGs.

OK OK. I bought it. Ha... can I cancel Soul Hackers now? ... jk.

« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2013, 10:02:08 am »

You must feeeeeeeed the MegaTen. Caress it. Love it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:50 am »

You must feeeeeeeed the MegaTen. Caress it. Love it...

...*EMBRACE* it...

Fix'd

:P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »
Ha, well, I guess it also depends on what we consider a "legit SMT game."  I mean, you've played Persona 3 and 4.

Digital Devil Saga was my first SMT game, and I honestly haven't played more than like an hour of Nocturne and know that a lot of people feel like it's the best one (but I do own it! *ducks*).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2013, 02:22:15 pm »
Oh I meant main series. I get the impression that Persona 3 and 4 are far and away different from main series SMT games. Then again I don't really know.

« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2013, 02:26:25 pm »
Nocturne was actually the first one I bought, but I played maybe about 10 hours, got my ass kicked because I realized how the fusion system worked way too late into the game, and set it aside. I pre-ordered Persona 3 though, sunk about 120 hours into it, then went back and gave Nocturne a proper playthrough.

<3 me some Digital Devil Saga, too. I think that one and Nocturne might be my favorites in terms of character and world design.