Author Topic: Xbox 360 SHMUPs?  (Read 12856 times)

scott

Xbox 360 SHMUPs?
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:26 pm »
I'm interested in compiling a list of all Known Xbox 360 Shoot 'em Up games that are playable on a North American Xbox 360. It's one of my favorite genres and would like to be able to track down as many as possible for the 360. I've listed all the games I own or know of already. But let's fill this baby out! I know we have some huge SHMUP fans here.

Xbox 360 [NA]

Akai Katana
Deathsmiles - Limited Edition
Otomedius Excellent
Qubed
Raiden Fighters Aces
Raiden IV
WarTech: Senko no Ronde

Xbox 360 [JP] (Must be Region-Free)

Bullet Soul
Ginga Force
Eschatos [Wonder Price Version]
Espgaluda II Black Label
Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets
Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 - Platinum Collection

Xbox 360 [EU] (Must be Region-Free)

DoDonPachi Ressurection - Deluxe Edition
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:07:11 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Xbox 360 SHMUPs?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:47:15 pm »
Are you counting Xbox Live Arcade? Because that would make that list exponentially bigger.

scott

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:48:28 pm »
Are you counting Xbox Live Arcade? Because that would make that list exponentially bigger.

Nah just retail for now.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »
There's this one, no idea if it's good but it is region free:
http://www.play-asia.com/Eschatos_Wonder_Price_Version/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-4ojt-4-6.html

scott

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:27 pm »
Ha, added it.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 02:47:48 pm »
I decided to research this a bit, so here's a few we can add to this.

Bullet Soul. It's expensive though, with the cheapest copy I was able to find so far being this: http://buygame2.com/en/shop_detail.php?subcat_id=39&pageno=1&item_id=15839 (80$ with the cheapest shipping). *edit* and yes it's region free.

And, Ginga Force, which is upcoming and was announced to be region-free:
http://www.play-asia.com/Ginga_Force/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-4yxt.html

WarTech: Senko no Ronde, which was released in the US... seems like a combination shmup/fighting game.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:59:32 pm by jobocan »

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 04:41:45 pm »
One thing to note with the JP Cave stuff, the LE releases are all region locked. It's only the standard and Platinum/Best editions of Espgaluda II, Mushihimesama Futari, and Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets that are region-free. Kills me that Ketsui wasn't one of those unlocked titles, though. Stuff like that makes me really wish that developers and publishers had put their backing into the PS3 instead of 360... that, and my PS3 arcade stick is better than the one I have for 360.

Sadly, Under Defeat HD is about the only shmup on PS3 that received a retail release in NA. I don't think there are even all that many in Japan o.O

Oh, and you can also add Qubed to the list. It has Every Extend Extra Extreme, Rez HD (worth the price alone!), and Lumines Live! on disc.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:45:02 pm by insektmute »

scott

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »
I have a hori SoulCalibur IV fight stick I use sometimes. But a lot of times I just play w/ the gamepad. Mostly for ease of use, as in I don't feel like dragging it out, plugging it in and putting it away. Haha.

I've seen some guys convert wireless 360 controllers into wireless arcade sticks. Id be tempted to do that project...

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:04 pm »
I have a hori SoulCalibur IV fight stick I use sometimes. But a lot of times I just play w/ the gamepad. Mostly for ease of use, as in I don't feel like dragging it out, plugging it in and putting it away. Haha.

I've seen some guys convert wireless 360 controllers into wireless arcade sticks. Id be tempted to do that project...

For a long time, I really wanted to build my own arcade stick, but eventually decided to just buy a couple. Wound up with a really nice MadCatz TE-S (the LE Chun-Li one) for PS3, and the SC5 Soul Edition for 360. Even so, I still bring out the pad when I'm feeling lazy and just want a couple quick matches :p

Vastly prefer the PS3 controller for fighters, though. I'm blown away that anyone can handle more than about 5 minutes w/ the 360 controller. I think it might actually take the award for the worst D-Pad I've ever encountered.

scott

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »
Oh ya. Whenever I played Street Fighter IV, I only ever played w/ the arcade stick. But when I'm lazy (90% of the time) I don't pull out the arcade stick for shmups.

ko1ru

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 09:50:08 am »
... I've seen some guys convert wireless 360 controllers into wireless arcade sticks. Id be tempted to do that project...

My boyfriend's done this.  There are some small elements (mostly superficial) that's he's not entirely happy with, but it was his first one.  He's planning to build another one at some point soon.

... Vastly prefer the PS3 controller for fighters, though. I'm blown away that anyone can handle more than about 5 minutes w/ the 360 controller. I think it might actually take the award for the worst D-Pad I've ever encountered.

Y'know they released some 360 controllers with the transforming D-Pad, mostly for fighters.  Even my wireless Gears of War controllers have it...

ko1ru

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

I'm actually interested to know which XBLA titles are schmups.  Not for myself, of course, but for the boyfriend.  :P

scott

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 10:04:03 am »

I'm actually interested to know which XBLA titles are schmups.  Not for myself, of course, but for the boyfriend.  :P

I'm interested in that too. But wanted to keep the list to retail for a bit, before we add XBLA games to it.

ko1ru

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 10:04:38 am »

I'm interested in that too. But wanted to keep the list to retail for a bit, before we add XBLA games to it.

Gotcha.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:40 am »
Y'know they released some 360 controllers with the transforming D-Pad, mostly for fighters.  Even my wireless Gears of War controllers have it...

I thought about buying one, but opted not to once I realized it was the same shit mechanism underneath. Registers way too many false movements, and feels almost like it's on a rocker switch of some kind. It's less problematic with 3D fighters, but for 2D stuff, I might as well be playing with a block of wood.

DualShock or arcade stick ftmfw \m/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:37:45 am by insektmute »