Author Topic: Atelier Ayesha  (Read 2492 times)

insektmute

Re: Atelier Ayesha
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 04:51:34 pm »
Insektmute's post gets the (worthless & meaningless...but rare & never given-out lightly:) "DISGAENIAC-Seal-of-Approval"...

Haha, thanks. What can I say, I love underdog games :)

My version probably sounded something like this:
It's this game where you're a kid at a new high school and you have to make friends with people and go to club meetings.  You answer questions in class and do homework and can get a job and stuff.  And then at midnight every night, you and your friends fight demons by "shooting yourselves in the head" with this fake gun.  And the music's really good.

That's a MUCH better description, yeah. I've tried going at it a few different ways depending on the person, but generally speaking, I just kind of suck at describing games, movies, and music to people, because my own impressions are so abstracted that I can't really articulate why I love it. Well, apart from the shooting yourself in the head part - who wouldn't love that?!

scott

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 04:54:43 pm »
Well, apart from the shooting yourself in the head part - who wouldn't love that?!

When I saw that part on youtube, I was like... "I need to play this game!"
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 07:11:46 pm »
Well, apart from the shooting yourself in the head part - who wouldn't love that?!

When I saw that part on youtube, I was like... "I need to play this game!"

Right? I'm pretty sure that's what pulled me in when I first heard about it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

insektmute

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 07:48:16 pm »

I remember when I first read about it and being kind of surprised, but seeing preview footage really drove home how awesome it looks in-game. The glass blowing out the side, and when the camera pans in close, and you see a characters head jerk suddenly to the side... Atlus will never win an award for having life-like, realistic graphics, but there's nobody out there that can match them for sheer style.

Oh, but more on topic... I got a good deal on a used copy of Atelier Iris today, woot!

ffxik

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 11:52:52 pm »

I remember when I first read about it and being kind of surprised, but seeing preview footage really drove home how awesome it looks in-game. The glass blowing out the side, and when the camera pans in close, and you see a characters head jerk suddenly to the side... Atlus will never win an award for having life-like, realistic graphics, but there's nobody out there that can match them for sheer style.

Oh, but more on topic... I got a good deal on a used copy of Atelier Iris today, woot!

Congrats on the find.  If I remember correctly the alleged "suicides" in P3 got a lot of ignorant soccer moms/dads panties in a knot.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 09:30:50 am »

Congrats on the find.  If I remember correctly the alleged "suicides" in P3 got a lot of ignorant soccer moms/dads panties in a knot.

Hahaha!

What doesn't?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

insektmute

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:57 am »
Hahaha!

What doesn't?!

I swear, some people get absolutely turgid over the prospect of a boycott.