Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 174611 times)

atariboy

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2012, 08:58:14 pm »
I actually have a prototype of the Generation NEX. When they first came out we were able to preorder them for pick up at the Classic Gaming Expo, When I went to pick mine up all the units weren't in yet and they said by end of show they would have them. When the show was getting ready to end they hadn't got them in and was telling people that they would send them to our house. well since the show was ending he asked if I wanted the prototype that they were displaying instead of having one sent out, I took the one they had. It works and everything but you can see that different boards were used and see wires in the unit that aren't in the other ones. anyways just thought I'd share.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »
Here's the old NES collection in it's prime... the games are 3 deep. 

Here's an older photo of my Saturn stuff. I'm working on new updated photos as I've moved everything, picked up 2 new shelves and have many new games.

This is my Red Tent (sister playing), such a fun little arcade.  I need to get the other side working, it has Castlevania VS

scott

« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2012, 06:22:10 pm »
This is my Red Tent (sister playing), such a fun little arcade.  I need to get the other side working, it has Castlevania VS

And then you have to invite me over to rock the crap out of 2 player Castlevania VS!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2012, 08:18:54 pm »
All of these pictures are awesome.  I'm not in a permanent home right now so most of my stuff is in storage :/  When I get the chance I'll post something.

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »
I picked up the Red Tent for $100 on KSL.com (Utah Classifieds).  It was missing some buttons and 1 of 2 monitors.  I put about $250 into restoring it, powdercoat was most of the cost and lots of time.  There's basically two monitors and a PCB board with two NES on it.  Up to two games can be loaded into it at once, mostly 2 player.  But some games can be loaded on both sides for 4 player action.  Some of the games are VERY similar (and older) to their NES variations, and usually have better music and are much more difficult.  The games(rom chips + cpu + security chip) can be purchased online for around $40 and placed into the PCB.  This guy has an amazing site about this particular arcade and is the best resource out there for it:

http://www.johnsarcade.com/nintendo_vs_dualsystem_tent.php

There are great resources out there for finding new or original replacement parts if someone decides to take on a project like this.  My personnel favorite is KLOV:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/

Lots of very helpful people there.

scott

« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2012, 12:29:08 am »
I did some major overhauling of my living/game room and figured I would do some new Game Room pics. I've moved my love seat out (no one ever sits there anyway), and moved in another shelving unit and the cat's cage. I moved my Saturn games to the black shelf which is now dedicated to my Saturn collection (except for the tiny top shelf, which has my SNES games) and the rest of my games are still in the other shelf. I added a second CD rack and put my NES carts and GBA boxes in it too. I moved out the display of Game Boy boxes and moved in my Fallout 3 and New Vegas CEs as well. I have a ton more room now, slightly less seating, but then again I rarely have guests that sit around my TV gaming.

Also, you'll see my dogs, Brutus (white one on the couch) and Sari (brown short hair) (and my sister's dogs) and my cat, Cleo (eating in her cage).

Edit: Added some close up shots of the knick-knacks / swag on display.

Mew plush, the Mew FireRed cart, Super Mario Yahtzee, some minis I've painted, new version Bionic Commando Nathan Spencer, Vault Boy bobblehead, Mega Man Legends bobble head, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime keychain and some random pokemon toy from Japan of Entei

The Castlevania shrine.

Hallmark Pac-Man ornament, Vivi figure, Warhammer 40k Space Marine Sergeant, and the Beerfest '12 cup.

Beerfest '09 cup, Warhammer 40k Space Marine Commander, Orco from He-Man (my only remaining He-Man toy), Hallmark Galaga ornament.

WoW Windrider Cub plush, Mega-Size die 20, Flyboy Zombie from Dawn of the Dead (original), Dragon Quest Slime Controller)

Game Boy handhelds, Pokemon preorder figures, Fire Mario figure, Giratina plushie, Minas Tirith jewelry box (from the Two Towers LE DVD box) Fallout 3 CE, Game Boy Micro, Shin-Ra Corp UMD holder (from Crisis Core pre-order) Fallout New Vegas CE, McDonalds Reshiram toy.

Fallout New Vegas poker chips and platinum chip.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:06:16 pm by scott »

jcalder8

« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2012, 12:46:49 am »
@scott I love how organized it all looks

scott

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2012, 01:15:14 pm »
Thanks. Hopefully it stays that way for awhile. I was running out of room in the wood colored shelves and had games all over the place. I still need a better solution for my Game Boy games though...

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »
Awesome room shots scott!  I like the shrine-o-castlevania!

scott

« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2012, 06:14:43 pm »
Awesome room shots scott!  I like the shrine-o-castlevania!

Thanks! I wish I had the time and money to hunt down the last 3 boxed copies I need for the Game Boy games. I think I may need to redo it and add a 4th shelf....

also I edited my above post with close ups of most of the swag that is on display.

blipcs76

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2012, 10:37:14 am »
Awesome collection Scott!  It takes up the whole room.  Your Castlevania shrine is awe-inspiring.

And I LOVE how you're displaying your Fallout NV poker chips!  Very cool idea.

scott

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2012, 02:07:43 pm »
Thanks! I wanted to display the chips in a stylish way, I even sanded the frame a little to give it some age.

madmax

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2012, 06:22:43 pm »
man I really need a Vivi Figurine. That one looks awesome

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2012, 02:45:19 am »
I'm reorganizing my game room and am trying to maximize space for shelving. My question is should I put the TV in front of the window? Usually that's a no no, but this window will probably never be opened... In fact I have to go buy some damn curtains to cover it up.

scott

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2012, 08:43:41 am »
man I really need a Vivi Figurine. That one looks awesome

Ya I really like that Vivi figure. I actually have all of the Final Fantasy IX figures and have been thinking of setting them all out somewhere.