Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 179079 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #825 on: February 15, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »
i so need to see this in person. there is only one issue i see with this game room.... it doesnt belong to me.
i love the set up and how everything it so neat.

theflea

« Reply #826 on: February 15, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »
i so need to see this in person. there is only one issue i see with this game room.... it doesnt belong to me.

I seem to recall inviting you out game hunting with me when you where in Chicago for a comic/anime convention (still remember the adorable Godzilla pic) But you got tied up with other things. If your ever out here again just let me know.  ;)
Your welcome to bring the little Godzilla too, long as she don't wreck my game room like it was Tokyo.  ;) 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #827 on: February 15, 2015, 06:46:41 pm »
i'll have to take a some pics of my humble room now.

« Reply #828 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:51 am »

I seem to recall inviting you out game hunting with me when you where in Chicago for a comic/anime convention (still remember the adorable Godzilla pic) But you got tied up with other things. If your ever out here again just let me know.  ;)
Your welcome to bring the little Godzilla too, long as she don't wreck my game room like it was Tokyo.  ;)
sound good to me, i will be up there at some point this year (when it gets warmer)
sadly she has out grown the godzilla cosplay. the next one is going to be an ewok.

soera

« Reply #829 on: February 16, 2015, 07:23:05 am »
I need to update my pics too. :)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #830 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:46 am »
Amazing collection! I love how orderly it is!

Ok - I have to ask this question. How do you determine what game you are going to play next? Or is at a point where you can't even sit down and play games due to job, family, hunt for more games?

My collection is getting large (not like your 10,000+ collection and I have a hard time knowing what to play next.) I can't imagine having that many games and trying to figure out my next play session. My asperger mind would explode.

Almost as long as the whole house. lol
When I was looking for a new home I was looking for a finished basement that had a HUGE area for my game room, and boy did i find one. The second I saw the basement I said to my realtor "I'm ready to make an offer" lol
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

argyle

« Reply #831 on: February 16, 2015, 12:15:27 pm »
Criminy Flea - how many complete system collections are there? That's kinda a lot of games! :P

Complete sets would surprise you, I have close to many complete sets. 3 to go on NES alone (Not counting holy grail games)
Only missing 39 for a complete PS1 set, and only missing 50 games for a complete N64 set. T16, Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo CD are not far from completion but most of the games i'm missing are expensive.   
The only systems I know I have complete is Virtual Boy & Tomy Tutor
I am currently going for a complete Dreamcast collection with only 12 more to go.  :D

Very nice - out of curiosity, which DC games are you missing?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #832 on: February 16, 2015, 12:48:23 pm »
Amazing collection! I love how orderly it is!

Ok - I have to ask this question. How do you determine what game you are going to play next? Or is at a point where you can't even sit down and play games due to job, family, hunt for more games?

My collection is getting large (not like your 10,000+ collection and I have a hard time knowing what to play next.) I can't imagine having that many games and trying to figure out my next play session. My asperger mind would explode.

Almost as long as the whole house. lol
When I was looking for a new home I was looking for a finished basement that had a HUGE area for my game room, and boy did i find one. The second I saw the basement I said to my realtor "I'm ready to make an offer" lol

With as many games as I own, It hard to play them all, and to be honest there are some games I know I'll never get around to.
When ever I buy a new game I have a rule that I don't open it til I'm ready to play it, and I still have SNES games sealed just because I never got around to playing them. Now I feel guilty opening them. lol
Usually I just play what I feel like. I was playing Dragons Age and once I finished that I usually feel like something different so I'll pick a racing game or shooter and hold off on another RPG for a while. Some games really don't interest me. I only pick em up just because they are dirt cheap at a garage sale, I put them in once to see they work and play maybe 10 minutes of it and probably will never touch it again. These are the Sport games, Little Kids games or really bad ones that are just good for a laugh. I still like to have them in my collection but they are pretty much just filler games to complete a set.

This is one of the reasons I hate online only games. I personally will never pay full price on any online only game. Just because if I don't get to it til years later and then find out the servers are down it now unplayable. Also online games are like fads, if you don't play it when it first comes out, you usually can't play these games very well later due to not many people play it anymore.
These games will hold no value later in life, so the only way I'll buy Destiny, Titanfall or Evolve is if I see it in a bargain bin for $10 for find it at a garage sale dirt cheap.

I know there's no way I can play and beat every game I own in my lifetime. But I love owning it so If I i get in the mood to play it, I can just grab it off the shelf.

Criminy Flea - how many complete system collections are there? That's kinda a lot of games! :P

Complete sets would surprise you, I have close to many complete sets. 3 to go on NES alone (Not counting holy grail games)
Only missing 39 for a complete PS1 set, and only missing 50 games for a complete N64 set. T16, Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo CD are not far from completion but most of the games i'm missing are expensive.   
The only systems I know I have complete is Virtual Boy & Tomy Tutor
I am currently going for a complete Dreamcast collection with only 12 more to go.  :D

Very nice - out of curiosity, which DC games are you missing?

I picked up 2 more, so it's down to 10.
Still have another couple coming in the mail.
as of right now...

ESPN Track & Field
ESPN NBA 2 Night
Gundam Side Story 0079
NBA 2K2
NFL Blitz 2000
Ready to Rumble Round 2
South Park Rally
Striker Pro 2000
Super Runabout
Tokyo Xtreme Racer

Nothing extremely rare or expensive, most are Filler titles.
I'm hitting some stores in the Wisconsin area soon, maybe I'll pick a few more up. :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:50:37 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

soera

« Reply #833 on: February 20, 2015, 01:03:00 pm »
All right, time to update a few photos.

I have a lot of other pics as well of the entire room : http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/DWcollector/library/The%20game%20cave?sort=3&page=1

theflea

« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2015, 07:44:00 pm »
I always see people hang controllers on the wall, its cool. I kinda like to keep controllers with their systems.
I have extras of many, but I honestly don't know where I'd hang them. lol

Awesome room Soera. (some buddy is a huge Dragon Warrior/Quest fan.) :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

karyann

« Reply #835 on: February 21, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »

I have a lot of other pics as well of the entire room : http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/DWcollector/library/The%20game%20cave?sort=3&page=1

I love all your posters! What's that gamecube thing on the wall, next to the black Master Sword?

mrnikon

« Reply #836 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:20 pm »
here is mine, there is a larger version on my Photo Bucket is you want to check it out.

« Reply #837 on: February 22, 2015, 07:18:01 pm »
Mine is just in my bedroom so I don't have anything amazing, though I quite like having all the games piled together in the alcove :P

soera

« Reply #838 on: February 23, 2015, 12:51:06 am »

I love all your posters! What's that gamecube thing on the wall, next to the black Master Sword?

http://vgcollect.com/item/30133 :D

pacpix

« Reply #839 on: February 23, 2015, 01:10:55 am »

http://vgcollect.com/item/30133 :D
Had no idea this existed!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)