Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 174542 times)

blipcs76

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 11:21:36 am »
Very nice setup blipcs, very... presentable :P
Cool selection of arcades too, I'd love to have space for that many.

Thx.  Hopefully when I get my game room finished (someday) I'll have room for the rest of my machines.  I have some out in the garage in need of minor repairs, including a Final Fight, SFII C.E., Altered Beast and Heavy Barrel.

blipcs76

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 11:23:25 am »
That Ms. Pac-Man machine is awesome!

Thanks. It's in pretty solid shape, though the colors are a little faded all around.  I don't think I've ever seen a vintage Ms. Pac Man marquee where the pink wasn't all burned off.  Plays like a champ though.

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2012, 11:52:16 am »
Very nice blipcs76!

Damn it I need a place with a basement!!

soera

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2012, 11:54:30 am »
I only have one arcade game and its Black Tiger. I really wish I had a ton more room cause I actually find arcade stand ups pretty appealing. But, as it is, with the room I have only one will fit. I would like a Ninja Gaiden stand up (I could have gotten one years back for $50 complete and I still kick myself for not getting it at the time) and a UMK3 machine. There is also a really weird Dragon Quest stand up thats Japanese only (the one the crazy controller is designed after) but my chances of finding one are pretty slim to none.

Ive got a few board games. I have 2 different Pac-man games, the Legend of Zelda game and a SMB game.

jcalder8

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2012, 01:17:56 pm »
That's a great looking collection blipcs76. I love how clean and organized everything looks. Oh course it does look like you are going to run out of space pretty quickly though :D

blipcs76

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »
I would like a Ninja Gaiden stand up (I could have gotten one years back for $50 complete and I still kick myself for not getting it at the time) and a UMK3 machine.

I've got a few machines in my garage in various state of disrepair; one of them is a Ninja Gaiden arcade machine.  Not sure what's wrong with it since it won't turn on at all, so I'm assuming it's at least a bad power supply.

Here's the rest of my cabinets, minus my Altered Beast:

Though I'm getting rid of Magic Sword and Super Sprint.  It's just too many projects and I don't have the space for all of them inside my house.  We can't park in the garage because of these guys.

scott

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:55 pm »
Loving that Galaga cab. It's always been one of my favorite designs, along with Centipede and Robotron: 2084.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2012, 09:36:03 pm »
Is the Ninja Gaiden the one with the button on the top of the joystick? If so, thats the one I regret not buying. Im not sure if there is more than one version to be honest.

Yes, that's the button you use to grab overhead objects in Ninja Gaiden.  I'm not sure if my cabinet is official or a conversion; there's a pic on KLOV that looks more like a standard cabinet, so I believe mine's probably a conversion.

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:44 am »
That Ms. Pac-Man machine is awesome!

Thanks. It's in pretty solid shape, though the colors are a little faded all around.  I don't think I've ever seen a vintage Ms. Pac Man marquee where the pink wasn't all burned off.  Plays like a champ though.

Now you have :)

Also....really fantastic gameroom, I could waste several good hours there! I'm sooooooo jealous of your Pacman Fever album. I love that song!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

faxmachine

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »
http://imgur.com/a/ovMGE

This is just showing the gaming closet without touching anything. Almost everything is hidden. I can take more pics if requested.

madmax

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2012, 01:00:25 am »
A stack of N64s :O

Story behind having so many?

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2012, 12:43:09 pm »
Somebody loves them some N64! lol

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2012, 12:51:34 pm »
Im jealous of the Messiah! I really have been interested in getting one.
Same here... Ive wanted the wireless controllers for a while.

blipcs76

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2012, 01:48:31 pm »
I also want to pick up a Generation NEX.  I have the Messiah wireless NES and SNES controllers and they're wonderful...except the lack of d-pad is going to be a dealbreaker for many.  Instead of a normal d-pad, it has a strange thumbpad that tilts in any direction.  Games that require precise controls are really difficult, but you eventually get used to it.  It's a small price to pay for how great the wireless performance of these controllers is.

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2012, 02:49:52 pm »
I recently sold my Generation NEX.  I agree with blipcs76, as awesome as the wireless is I found the odd directional pad to be FAR too sensitive.  It does take some time getting used to.  The system is super reliable too... I sold it only after selling off all my NES games (about 650 unique games).