Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 170948 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:14 pm »
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment. It's been fine tuned over the last few years, with me buying some games I thought I'd never sell, but then out of need for space and/or I got a great offer on them, sold some off. This is what I'm currently working with, but I'm trying to get my brother to sell his MK2 since we don't play it much, and it would make room for me to buy another game, or dare I say...another pinball :)...selfish, I know, but I got him into the hobby and he gets to play all my games so I take those "older brother" rights with him!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

darko

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 07:48:12 pm »
I've had numerous opportunities to buy some nice arcade games but I really don't know what I'd do with them! The only arcade I own is the wide body Mario Bros. It's all original which is cool, but I need to restore it.

scott

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 08:42:00 pm »
Millipede! I have to admit, I am more of a fan of Centipede, but still. Simpsons is always fun too, that's a very nice collection. Nice to see a room full of arcades. Sadly I only have barely enough room for my 1 scratch built cab, but one day I hope to either buy a pinball... or... build one. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »
It has a multiboard that includes Centipede, so two birds with one stone :)
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

jobocan

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 09:49:28 pm »
Is having an animal in one of the pictures a requirement?
I'll try to get up-to-date pictures of my room soon (it happens to be my game room), just gotta find that camera, and try to get one of my dogs to pose :P

@brettybluevein
Love the collection, very cool stuff.
I want a small room like that whenever I buy my own house, with a couple of cabs and pinballs.

darko

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 10:10:11 pm »
Is having an animal in one of the pictures a requirement?

Not a requirement but highly recommended!

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »
It's so funny you say that, I only noticed Gizmo (my cat) in those pictures after I posted them and had read the previous post about the dog. He actually spends a LOT of time in there, mostly sleeping on the stool in front of Donkey Kong.

Thank you very much for the compliment. That room is pretty perfectly sized for the size arcade I want, although there are times I wish I had room for 1 to 2 more games.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 12:01:58 am »
It's so funny you say that, I only noticed Gizmo (my cat) in those pictures after I posted them and had read the previous post about the dog.

I didn't notice Gizmo there either!  Too cute. <3
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 01:09:19 am »
Here's what I have set up. Actually I have another tiny room with my desktop PC and my Arcade cab stuffed into it, but this is where the majority of my gaming is done. My game room/living room is actually a small dining room in my roommate's house. Hopefully I'll be able to get my own place soon and get everything set up where and how I want. Currently I have my NES, SNES, GameCube, Saturn, 360, Wii and PS3 hooked up. No pets in these pictures, they are all already sleeping haha.

darko

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 01:34:23 am »
Where did you find shelves like mine that are one game deep...and do they come in black?

Got to respect that Saturn collection. It makes mine look like it doesn't even exist (which isn't too far from the truth). I have a really difficult time finding decent Saturn games in the wild.

scott

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 01:49:43 am »
Where did you find shelves like mine that are one game deep...and do they come in black?

Actually I got that shelving unit at Best Buy forever ago... prolly overpaid for it too. I think they were also available in black too, not sure if they are still available or not. As much as I love black, I hate dusting it to keep it clean, the wood grain is a little more forgiving.

Got to respect that Saturn collection. It makes mine look like it doesn't even exist (which isn't too far from the truth). I have a really difficult time finding decent Saturn games in the wild.

Thanks, the rare ones I've snagged off ebay or Amazon, but I make sure to watch a bunch of auctions and refuse to bid ridiculous amounts. Also, I tend to buy lots when possible, the white shoe box on the bottom shelf is actually some of my doubles, though the cases are all jacked up on them. I got a whole bunch in Ohio when we went to that CCAG show in Cleveland. Most of them were pretty cheaply priced too... only problem was, some of them were just tossed in boxes and mismatched.

I try to hit the local used game shops every couple months to see if they have anything, usually they don't. This one place has had the same copy of NHL 97 on the shelf for almost a year, ha.

jobocan

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 12:47:06 pm »
Okay, here's some pics from me. The camera sucked, couldn't find the good ones, so bear with the terrible quality :P

That's where I have my PS3 connected to my HDTV, and a bunch of stuff around that. Also included in picture: 2 dogs (the black and white one is blind actually), because Scott's pics didn't have any animals.
stuff

And my retro-gaming set-up: (yes, that IS 4 E.Ts in front of the TV)
retro set-up
Got my Genesis/32X/Sega CD, SNES, NES, Saturn, Atari, TG-16 and N64 plugged into that TV ready to play anytime. It's a pretty cool TV, called the Samsung GX, that has a sub-woofer on top and the speakers open and close in front of the screen like a door.

Also, all the shelving other than that thing under my HDTV is home-made.

I have a few close-up pictures of specific parts here too:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v290/jobocan/Game_Collection/

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 12:44:38 am »
Seriously... why 4 ET games? lol

darko

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:45 pm »
Props for having the Frankensystem hooked up 24/7. That reminds me that I still need to find a 32X!

jobocan

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 12:58:21 pm »
Seriously... why 4 ET games? lol

There can be multiple reasons:
1. Collect enough copies to build a house out of them (or a "House of Fail" if you will).
2. HUGE E.T.-burning bonfire.
3. Collect ALL the copies, have a monopoly and then sell them all for ridiculous prices (hehehe...).
4. For the same reason I try to find cheap copies of Shaq Fu and Superman 64 or other bad games (AKA lulz).

Really though, only one of them is a copy I bought, one of them was free, and 2 others were in a huge bundle (that included a vectrex and atari 7800 and 40 other atari games).

Props for having the Frankensystem hooked up 24/7. That reminds me that I still need to find a 32X!

Frankensystem indeed, that was a hassle to even figure out how to hook it up. I tend to keep the AC adaptors NOT plugged in though, since they take too much space, I plug them in only as needed.