Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 16404 times)

Where are you from?
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:11:06 pm »
I thought this might be cool to introduce where we are at, and it also might be helpful in locating games if we could help out other people in our region. Always nice to have a fellow collector keeping their eyes open for that one elusive item.

Me....I live in Edmond, OK, which is really close to OKC. Most of the used game stores around here are pretty lame, but if you stay on it, you can find some gems here and there. I moved here from Dallas and still try to hit those shops when I visit.

Right now I'm focusing on growing my Sega Saturn collection, so if you have any for sale or have seen some good deals, please give me a heads up. Thanks.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

madmax

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:19:02 pm »
Well I'm not from here, but I just moved to British Columbia. Close to the Vancouver area. I haven't gone out to garage sales and gaming stores yet so I don't know how good the scene is. There are a few ebgames and things like that close to where I live. i guess those are the easiest places to hit up first (not that they ever have anything worth buying)

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:25:15 pm »
I'm in Gatineau, Quebec. So that people actually know what I'm talking about, it's right next to Ottawa (the national capital!).

Game hunting is HORRIBLE here though (mostly crappy flea markets (15$ for a game boy game? wtf?), terrible people on kijiji/craigslist (seeing ads for 100$ NES isn't rare), only 1 game store and it sucks), so I do my game shopping online for the most part (never Ebay though, screw that place... and I do hit the flea markets once every few weeks in hopes of deals).

madmax

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 12:22:21 am »
I'm in Gatineau, Quebec. So that people actually know what I'm talking about, it's right next to Ottawa (the national capital!).

WHHHATTTTT?! I just moved away from Montreal!! Gosh damnit. *sigh* I like montreal so much more than Vancouver :(

Game hunting was terrible in the area, $80 for FFV cart..goes for like $5 on ebay. I find ebay is worth it if you hunt, it'll be a bit more than a flea market but I've gotten games that are worth way over $100 for under $50.

scott

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:50 am »

I find ebay is worth it if you hunt, it'll be a bit more than a flea market but I've gotten games that are worth way over $100 for under $50.

Agreed, I've found some good deals on eBay for sure, especially if you are talking bundles/ lots. Sadly, the used game stores in my area are severely lacking in the Sega Saturn department so I'm always searching online for deals...

@brettybluevein I have a post in the marketplace, somewhere listing my extra Saturn games, if your interested.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:33 am »
I'm currently living in Midland, Michigan. Midland it self lacks decent game stores, but there are a couple good ones in Bay City & Saginaw, which is only like 20 mins away. some prices are whack and the lack Saturn games most of the time. Since my main collection is my Saturn US release collection, it forces me to buy online a lot of the time. There are also a couple weekend markets about an hour and a half away. I'd like to check them out soon, but since I work 6 days a week, finding time is difficult.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »

Game hunting was terrible in the area, $80 for FFV cart..goes for like $5 on ebay. I find ebay is worth it if you hunt, it'll be a bit more than a flea market but I've gotten games that are worth way over $100 for under $50.

oh, actually at the nearby flea markets the people sell for more than ebay (like some guy selling multiple copies of Super Mario RPG for 80$, trying to make people believe it's worth more, when it's for 50$ or less on Ebay).

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 09:05:18 pm »
I'm from Satan's Asscrack, a.k.a. Mexicali, Mexico. :P

darko

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 12:32:34 am »

Me....I live in Edmond, OK, which is really close to OKC.

That's funny. I live in OKC.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:23:00 am »

Me....I live in Edmond, OK, which is really close to OKC.

That's funny. I'm live in OKC.

Cool, where do you find most of your games at?
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

forte

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »
I'm from the middle of nowhere in North Carolina. Absolutely no game stores for 40 miles. I had to order from the Funcoland catalog back before the internet. Occasionally we'd go to Greensboro where there was an Electronics Boutique (pre-EB Games) and a Funcoland. After eBay came along, I mainly started getting my games from there. Funcoland was notorious for just giving you the cartridge, and I want my games complete. EB put fucking stickers all over their games, some of which to this day I have been unable to remove.

darko

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 01:47:11 pm »
@brettybluevein

I'm a member of the Oklahoma City Retro Gamers Society (founding member) so I trade with some guys on there. I also hit up the usuals around the city (Vintage Stock, etc). I hit up CL and ebay from time to time like the rest of us too.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 09:37:32 am »
Originally from Ohio and now reside in Tallahassee FL.

Only one game store here carries oldies and its too damn hot to hit the flea market...

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »
I'm basically @scott's neighbor!
I live about equal distance between Mt. Pleasant and Midland, MI.

Now I understand why that aren't any games locally :p!

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »
I'm from Orange County, California... and I'm still here!  Games here are all sunbleached or covered in grease!  Boxes and manuals are immediately discarded!