Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 16335 times)

desocietas

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 11:53:17 pm »
I'm from Orange County, California... and I'm still here!  Games here are all sunbleached or covered in grease!  Boxes and manuals are immediately discarded!

Agh, that must be so frustrating!  There's a GameStop in San Francisco that, for some gawdawful reason, thought the best place to put their PSP games would be next to the window.  Half of them are sunbleached completely on the front, while the others have completely sunbleached spines.  It makes me want to cry every time I see it, especially since (due to that poor choice of product placement, I'm sure) they have older, harder to find new and pre-owned PSP titles that would be mint otherwise..  I'd stop going if that particular branch didn't have a decent selection of CIB pre-owned PS2 and GC games, too...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »
At least I'm not the only one from the west coast...  I'm living in Oakland, California, which is a great place to live weather-wise.  Also, not far away from San Francisco in case I want a taste of that nightlife.  A good number of GameStops around, but not much more than that.  I'm sure there are good flea markers around, but I haven't gotten around to going to any yet.  :\
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »
Occasionally we'd go to Greensboro where there was an Electronics Boutique (pre-EB Games) and a Funcoland.

Gawd, I miss EB, EB Games, and Funcoland!  Remember when we could rent consoles at Blockbuster Video?  I have to admit that I got my mom to rent the Virtual Boy more times than I could remember.  I actually liked playing tennis on that system...  the 3DS gives me a headache...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:32 am »
I live just outside of Columbus, OH...but am originally from just south of Toledo. So any Michiganders that are OK with doing deals with a Buckeye, my family still lives up there and I get that way fairly often.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

matt

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 09:52:46 am »
I'm living in Saginaw, MI. The city has been on the decline for years but we are finally seeing some growth and excitement in the community, which I love.

@andrew and @scott are both close.

scott

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 11:01:48 am »
I'm basically @scott's neighbor!
I live about equal distance between Mt. Pleasant and Midland, MI.

Nice, so you're around Sanford area?

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:43 am »
I'm living in Saginaw, MI. The city has been on the decline for years

It's basically, mini-Detroit. ha

matt

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 11:10:22 am »
My guess is Oil City, MI?

scott

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 11:11:35 am »
I always forget about Oil City. haha

Which reminds me, I need to go to MP soon.

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 07:58:07 pm »
@matt and @scott

Nope! guess again. I have a blue house and drive a white car if that helps....

matt

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 08:26:30 pm »
hmm well I'm in Midland right now. Right by the Loons stadium...I'm on my way.

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:15 pm »
Nice, I just seen their mascot near the Tridge a few days ago.

tpugmire

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 10:48:49 am »
I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah.  I've lived here pretty much my whole life.  The retro gaming scene seems pretty dead, but I have ran into a few people from digitalpress and atariage.  There's actually a fair amount of stores that sell old games, although most of them sell mainly used music and movies.  Oh, and before anyone asks or wonders, I'm not a Mormon.  :)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

atariboy

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 11:25:09 pm »
Hello, I'm from Nampa Idaho which is about 20 min west of Boise. Not many flea markets around her but lots of thrift stores and pawn shops. There are also lots of yard sales in the summer but nothing during the winter due to snow. I frequent all these places on a regular basis and usually find good deals every week.

Hey @tpugmire I used to go to Grey Whale when I was in the Salt Lake area, Are they still around? this was about 7-8 years ago.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

madmax

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 12:52:12 am »
Darn I found a local place that's a video game collectors store....$65 for an NES (Not even a 101 which is what i want). Shame :(