Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 16160 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »
I'm from up here in Cave City, AR.  It's north-central Arkansas about 2.5 hours north of Little Rock. 
Around here game chasing isn't too bad.  I have found some awesome stuff in pawn shops and dirt malls (They call them flea markets).  We don't have any flea markets to speak of.  Here lately it seams most of my finds have been at Game X Change.  Everyone else thinks they have gold if it's not a disc. 
I do a lot of driving to look for games.  I'm in Jonesboro (about 1.5 hours away) a lot. I'm in Little Rock and Memphis quite a bit too.  Since I cover a lot of ground, I can find stuff pretty often.

pacpix

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »
I live in Lewiston, ID.  There is a couple good pawn shops and thirft stores and across the river in Clarkston there is a game store called Game Play.  They are a little over priced, but I have had no problem with being sold broken games or systems and they have some video game tournaments that are fun to go to.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

atariboy

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2012, 08:30:12 pm »
I live in Lewiston, ID.  There is a couple good pawn shops and thirft stores and across the river in Clarkston there is a game store called Game Play.  They are a little over priced, but I have had no problem with being sold broken games or systems and they have some video game tournaments that are fun to go to.

Good to see that there is another Idahoan here.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 10:29:14 pm »
I'm from Vancouver BC, but I am currently living in Edmonton Alberta :(

lordmeatpie

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:07 am »
im from New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, but I live in Red Deer, Alberta.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

mrnikon

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 02:34:16 pm »
North Side of Chicago!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 03:10:04 pm »
Southern LA county, California.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 10:47:52 pm »
I'm from Austin, TX. I live in Fredericksburg TX, but visit Austin often. There are really no games in FBG, but Austin has a lot.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 10:49:16 pm »
I'm from Austin, TX. I live in Fredericksburg TX, but visit Austin often. There are really no games in FBG, but Austin has a lot.
Kerrvile (between FBG and San Antonio) has some good games here and there.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 01:12:06 am »
Reading the entire topic to see if there are any members on Washington State.   :(

I used to live in the Philippines when I was a kid.  I live in Auburn, where there's a fair amount of GameStop and Goodwill stores.  Sadly, actual retro stores need some travelling to get to.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 02:15:57 am »
Reading the entire topic to see if there are any members on Washington State.   :(

I used to live in the Philippines when I was a kid.  I live in Auburn, where there's a fair amount of GameStop and Goodwill stores.  Sadly, actual retro stores need some travelling to get to.

I'm pretty sure there is at least one person in WA.  I'm not gonna call them out, of course, but you're not alone :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 05:46:44 am »
This is an old thread that I thought I posted in years ago and yet I see no post by myself  ??? Maybe we discussed location in another thread once. In any case, I'm still in Michigan, about 90 minutes south of VGCollect HQ. I'm originally from Connecticut and also lived in Arizona for about nine years.

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 12:11:59 am »
Originally from Southern CA, now in the Bay Area. I try to get out to Phoenix Games in Concord when I'm working near there. Very cool owner and staff with old school arcade machines and pinball in the back.

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 01:09:47 am »
I live in Bournemouth in the UK, down at the very bottom :)

deftommo

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:13 am »
Grew up in CA (San Jose and Fresno for the most part). Now I live in South Hadley, MA. What's with all the snow!?