Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 80621 times)

madmax

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 03:24:53 am »
just ordered Final Fantasy VI from Japan :D Last super famicom game I need.

scott

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 04:04:19 am »
Picked up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Limited Edition from a local used game shop. Overall good condition, the only US release I am missing right now is Castlevania: Judgment. After that I'm looking to start work on my boxed castlevania collection soon....
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 03:04:42 pm »
I just picked up Contra 3, Legend of the Mystical Ninja (in box but no manual) both on SNES and Fantasy Zone II(in box) on Master System. Been looking for those 2 SNES games for a while. Awesome stuff.

madmax

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
I found a line of stores (2 stores) in BC which have prices competitive to ebay. Some even cheaper after shipping to canada.

This ones for the collection. $20 which is pretty much what I would pay on ebay, it's just nice to the have to deal with the shipping hassle. It's CIB
This makes me the only person with a wonderswan game in their collection on the website :P

Another $20 for the system and then $5 for the game (overpriced but I have sonic games on my PS3, no point in getting them and i wanted at least one game.) The Second store had a nice genesis but no selection for games, the first store had selection in games but no nice systems :P

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 01:21:10 am »
Just purchased a copy of Total War: Shogun 2 (Limited Edition)... on sale at Newegg for $15 - couldn't pass it up!  I've heard great things about it but haven't played the original either.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 02:05:29 am »
Picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition (awesome btw) and ordered the CE guide from the UK. I've already died a ton! Great to find a game that puts forth a little challenge! I'm going all stealth so that's probably making it a little tougher :)

Oh yeah...I also found a Super Game Boy in the box for $6.00.

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 10:47:25 am »

scott

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:01 am »

JEALOUSY! Out of all the import Castlevania games, this and maybe the Saturn version of Symphony are the only two I feel that are a "need".

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 08:51:23 pm »

I'd already mentioned Shogun 2, but it just came in the mail!  Plus, have been waiting a while to pick up Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for under $20, but probably won't be playing it for a while... Still need to finish the first 2!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »
I bought a Wii Classic Controller Pro tonight because I bought Monster Hunter Tri last month and just couldn't deal with the mote/chuck combination while playing it. I still haven't because I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles last night and it's freaking awesome!

@desocietas Dark Dawn is a good game and you don't HAVE to play the others to get into it, but it helps. All of the Golden Sun games are winners in my book. They are a bit on the easy side but they are still really fun!

scott

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »
I bought a Wii Classic Controller Pro tonight because I bought Monster Hunter Tri last month and just couldn't deal with the mote/chuck combination while playing it. I still haven't because I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles last night and it's freaking awesome!

The only way I play Monster Hunter is with the Classic Controller Pro, I haven't really dug into it though. Single player so far is kinda 'meh'.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »

"Awesome game pic"

JEALOUSY! Out of all the import Castlevania games, this and maybe the Saturn version of Symphony are the only two I feel that are a "need".

I can agree to that! No rondo and Sotn are the best 2 Castlevania's EVER EVER!

Although I am still going to get Dracula X for SNES... I traded mine towards a Dreamcast back in 99 :/

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:42 pm »
@desocietas Dark Dawn is a good game and you don't HAVE to play the others to get into it, but it helps. All of the Golden Sun games are winners in my book. They are a bit on the easy side but they are still really fun!

I was blown away by the first one when it came out, but somehow didn't finish it. I'd really like to play them in order, so finishing that series will be a bit timesuck (though worth it).  I was ecstatic when the third one was announced (7 years after the sequel!), and I'm glad to hear that it lives up to the quality of the rest of the series. Hopefully it won't be the last installment.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 11:12:33 pm »

Although I am still going to get Dracula X for SNES... I traded mine towards a Dreamcast back in 99 :/

You know, as much flak as Dracula X for SNES gets, It's actually a really good Castlevania game. Not as good as the real Rondo, but still a good "original style" Castlevania. Personally, I like it more than Super Castlevania IV. ha

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 01:35:22 pm »
@desocietas I really wanted to get Shogun 2 when it came out, but my 2 year old laptop won't support it. (I'm not really a PC gamer, so I bought something super portable {Asus UL30Vt}). Still, when I seen your post I was going to buy it, but the game was sold out. I hope it's as good as I think it will be, and as I have heard the first one was.