Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 82836 times)

urbanchaos

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2011, 02:36:53 pm »
I just received this one in the mail today:

- The Immortal (NES)

jobocan

« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »
Is this the first time I include a picture in this topic? Bah, it's worth it.

virtual boy

Virtual Boy
Mario Tennis (duh)
Wario Land
Mario Clash
Vertical Force
Golf
Pro Yakyu 95 (I think, I'll have to recheck)
AC Adapter and Battery Pack

Paid 100$ for the bundle, by far the best price I've seen for a Virtual Boy in a long time. Quite happy I managed to snag it.

scott

« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2011, 09:17:39 pm »
Oh nice @jobocan. The Virtual Boy is the only Legacy Nintendo system I am missing. I hope to get my hands on one eventually also.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

forte

« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »
I need a VB too. I remember when the KB Toys in the mall had the Jaguar, Jaguar CD, NES 2, and Virtual Boy for about 20 dollars each. Wish I hadn't been a poor middle schooler back then :(

Made a new addition to the collection today. Mega Man NES PAL version in box. Will post pics when I get it!

jobocan

« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2011, 10:09:51 pm »
Oh nice @jobocan. The Virtual Boy is the only Legacy Nintendo system I am missing. I hope to get my hands on one eventually also.

Yeah, definitely check it out if you find it for a good price. I think it's pretty cool, it looks a lot better live than any footage I've seen online (this was actually my first time playing a virtual boy).
I only played it for 20 minutes now but I had no headaches in that time and I can't wait to play more (especially Wario Land, that game looks kickass).

*EDIT after scott's response*
After 45 minute of playing Wario Land in a row, I will say I'm starting to feel a bit nauseated. Still no headaches though.

scott

« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:14 pm »
I played it at target years and years ago, the only thing I didn't like about it was they made you play it on a display stand. Always wanted to find a decently priced one, even if I only had a couple games to putz with.

« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:52 pm »
I just sold off my Genesis/PS1/Sega CD stuff for $900.  I should have tons of Saturn stuff coming soon!  I'm excited to concentrate on Saturn but I'll sure miss some of the games.
Helloooooo imports!

foxhack

« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2011, 03:12:26 pm »
GOG.com is selling a bunch of Atari games at half off, so I just picked up Alone In The Dark 1 (with 2 and 3 as a bonus) and Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare for $6.

madmax

« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2011, 08:29:25 pm »

« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2011, 09:06:01 pm »
Never played Dirge, kinda wish I did!

madmax

« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »
i havent played it either, this one is sealed though so ill try to find a greatest hits for a few $$ :P

scott

« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »
I liked it, never beat it though. From what I played I dug it, always meant to go back and finish playing it, but my save is on a PS2 memory card and I haven't found a decently priced memory card adapter for PS3.

darko

« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:17 pm »
I beat it. I liked it. It's basically a rip on Devil May Cry but it's done well.

« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2011, 12:53:37 pm »
Got .hack//Infection for 5 bucks (with anime DVD included). I don't know if I'm going to play it now or wait until I get my hands on the other 3 parts.

Also, got Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. Like new, and black label. Another game for my collection = another game added to the backlog. :(

desocietas

« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2011, 04:52:09 pm »
Got .hack//Infection for 5 bucks (with anime DVD included). I don't know if I'm going to play it now or wait until I get my hands on the other 3 parts.

I repurchased Infection recently and am in the same boat. Excellent game when I played it years ago but am wondering about spending all the money needed to complete the collection...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas