Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 83090 times)

scott

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2011, 10:58:26 pm »
I do love me some Scott Pilgrim.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2011, 08:17:27 pm »
Just got my Fallout 3 - Collector's Edition in the mail, totally awesome. I'm prolly gonna end up cracking it open so I can display the bobble head along side my Mega Man Legends one. :\

madmax

« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2011, 10:08:19 pm »
Just got my Fallout 3 - Collector's Edition in the mail, totally awesome. I'm prolly gonna end up cracking it open so I can display the bobble head along side my Mega Man Legends one. :\

noo. Don't dewww etttt!

scott

« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:40 pm »
I did. The plastic wrap lasted 5 hours. haha.

But it fits well sitting next to my New Vegas poker chips, so I guess that's a bonus.

scott

« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2011, 10:58:50 am »
And behold, the supposed "holy grail" of the Castlevania series. Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo! Unfortunately, I don't have a PC Engine Super CD or Turbografix CD to play it on. :( But I did get it from a guy in Michigan and the price was really resonable. Yay for no import shipping!

jobocan

« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2011, 11:58:43 am »
How much did you pay for it? The reseller I go to at a flea market sells it for 125$ which is a bit too high for me (especially since I don't have a TurboGrafx CD)... somehow he raised his price, it was 75$ before... It IS sealed though.

scott

« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2011, 01:05:52 pm »
I got it for $80, with free shipping. I've seen it on ebay, open, in the upper 90s or better, plus shipping and usually from Japan. According to @pceslayer the prices he's seen depends on if it has the little paper spine cover with it, cause that ups the price too. Compared to the pricing of a complete Dracula X ofr SNES, I'd say that $125 for a sealed copy of the original PC Engine CD version is reasonable.

My big thing was finding a copy in the States, as importing always worries me. That said, if I had to I was willing to pay a little more for a "local" copy. I was a total basket case when I was waiting for my Game Boy Light to get here.

« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »
Congrats @scott!  I'm pretty jealous right now.  Now you've got to keep an eye out for the system.  Or at least rip it and play on an emulator.

scott

« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »
I can play the original version on my PSP via The Dracula X Chronicles, and its awesome. I do want to eventually get a true system and play it on that though.

« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »
True, but I'm always curious when it comes to games being ported to a new system.  I own the lunar games on Sega CD, PS1 and Saturn for example.

scott

« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2011, 08:50:52 pm »
Ya, I'm uncertain as well. Though I'm fairly certain the Original mode in DXC is untouched gameplay wise. I do wonder how it plays performance wise though.

« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2011, 09:05:05 pm »
Ya, I'm uncertain as well. Though I'm fairly certain the Original mode in DXC is untouched gameplay wise. I do wonder how it plays performance wise though.

here is a rundown of the psp port vs the orig pcengine version (taken from http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/screen-cvrob.htm)

Sony PSP: Disappointing to some is that the PSP version of Rondo, as unlocked through the playing of The Dracula X Chronicles, is not a fully faithful port. You'll first notice this when the title screen pops up and you're greeted by new voice acting (German, still, but now featuring English subtitles), a localized logo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood), and two start-screen options--the new addition a "Quit" option that returns you to Dracula X Chronicles' title screen.

The menus, too, have been redone in English, and the cut-scenes' voice acting has been re-recorded to match those found in the remade Rondo and the tweaked Symphony of the Night, which have also been re-acted by the very same voice talent. Richter and Maria's voice samples have been changed to English to reflect this; too, some enemy cries and sound effects have been swapped for newer samples. The in-game start menu has been changed and now includes the option "Quick Save," which allows you to save your progress at any time and resume right from the very same position upon continuing.

One glaring change is faulty sound emulation, which results in stage themes ending and restarting rather than looping plus cut-scenes that don't synch with either the music or voice acting.

scott

« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2011, 09:10:24 pm »
Interesting write up. You know I noticed the music error, and wasn't sure if that was a intentional or not. I can see now that it's totally a problem with the port itself. I guess this would mean that the Wii VC port is the more faithful release.

« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2011, 10:58:01 pm »
Yeah, menus and voice-over are one thing (although I prefer the original voice-over).  I think the music and gameplay being intact are most important for ports.

madmax

« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2011, 02:13:55 am »
and I just ordered a black label IX

My current wishlist is almost done :D