Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 82435 times)

scott

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 10:45:01 pm »
A little love with the Rubbing Alcohol and the Game Shark works! I am now playing my import Symphony of the Night on a US Saturn. I love technology.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2011, 01:37:22 am »
I apologize that the pics are upside down. They were both orientated properly when I uploaded them, and when I used to online tool to flip them, they changed to a different pic. The top pic changed to the bottom pic. I didn't try changing the bottom one. Yeah, I have no idea.

I got these at 3 different GameStop locations. They were all cheap, and I did their buy 2 get 2 free.

For Tomb Raider: Anniversary, they gave me the Tomb Raider: Legends disk, so they are going to ship the the right disk in the Legends case for free. I live 7 hours from that location. (No, I didn't drive 7 hours to go to GameStop; I really don't like the store that much, only for the sales.)

Every game is in excellent condition, all with manuals. The only thing I'm disappointed with is the 2 DMC games. They are both part of the 3 game boxset, rather than the individual releases. (Thanks GameStop for covering this info. with your damn stickers!)

For the bottom 6 (errr, top 6), it was buy 2 get 1 free, and I didn't pay much overall (except for Professor Layton, but I love the series!). Exit DS was $5 New at GameStop!

Here, the only thing I messed up on was DQM. The game is complete and like new, except it's missing the manual. bummer.

desocietas

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 01:45:55 am »
I want to make use of the B2G2 PS2 deal going on, but my local Gamestops have few CIB items... If I had a car, I'd definitely be visiting them all several times over during the promotion.  Yours all look in great condition, too!
Yeah, Professor Layton!  I really, really, really hope they bring the rest of the series to the US.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 02:42:23 pm »
I just picked up:

Virtua Fighter Kids
Lost Vikings 2
Chakan
Mappyland
8 eyes
Sonic 2 on Game Gear
Xena on N64 (for the lulz)
Pilotwings 64
Space Station Silicon Valley

All for 50$

**edit**
I also received Disgaea 4 premium edition friday, and I should have Star Fox 64 3D monday or tuesday.

amauriel

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49:44 pm »
@desocietas: Layton: Specter's Flute comes out October 17. Includes the 100-hour RPG, all translated. Very happy here! Also the movie, Eternal Diva, will be released in the U.S. on November 8!

As for new purchases, I haven't been able to get out very much lately (medical thing) but my sister found Super Mario All Stars at a Salvation Army for $2. I somehow had never picked it up for SNES (have the Wii one) so I was ecstatic to dig those two singles out of my wallet and pay her back. Also got Sonic Spinball for the same.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

darko

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2011, 10:41:18 pm »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for Saturn! Sadly my Game Shark isn't playing nicely, or I'd be playing it right now.

I need to pick up a Game Shark for the saturn. I have Street Fighter Zero and have never been able to play it.

I picked up a box for Mortal Kombat on the SNES and NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams on the Wii this week (one was free and the other $4.00).

I've spent the week getting an HTPC up and running full of XBMC goodness. I bought a new router and set up a network to stream until I get a server built. I'm going to have a LOT of storage space when this project is done :)

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »
Finally decided to spend the cash and get me a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga.  Got it in the mail last week.  I'm on Disc 2 now, and loving every minute.

Photobucket

@scott: Awesome, can't wait to have a copy myself.  I've played through the US version 4 times now.  I soo badly want to see the missing levels and youtube ain't gonna cut it.

desocietas

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 05:01:30 pm »
@desocietas: Layton: Specter's Flute comes out October 17. Includes the 100-hour RPG, all translated. Very happy here! Also the movie, Eternal Diva, will be released in the U.S. on November 8!

Sweet!  I suppose I'm getting a little worried about the 3DS... worried that it won't last long enough for the 3D title that launched in Japan to get to us...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 05:27:04 pm »
@varkias man I only played maybe an hour of my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. I really need to get on it, Dragon Force and Albert Odyssey stole my attention away from it though. Which was then stolen by other games, etc etc.

Also, so far the Saturn version of SotN is pretty good, there is more loading and slowdown, it seems. Luckily I know the menus by heart, so the Japanese isn't a problem and in some cases there is English mixed in (the entire plot summary at the beginning is in English). Hurray for my Game Shark, I may need to pick up some more of the must-have imports for my Saturn collection.

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 06:26:55 pm »
@scott: haha, the first hour is almost all cut scenes :P I understand though, getting a new game and waiting to play it is tough!

I've got almost all of the great US games for Saturn now (need to spend time adding my collection here).  I'm excited to start looking for some must play JP games on the system.  SotN is still my #1 favorite game to date.

scott

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »
Ya man, I remember starting it and it being almost all cutscenes, except for the 3 seconds you get to walk your dude into the cave. haha.

On an on topic note:
I just got a box for Castlevania 64 in the mail, thus completing it! woot! Of course, I had saved my original box for years, until for some reason I tossed it, plus Golden Eye, Conker's, Shadows of the Empire, etc etc. sad sad day in history that.

scott

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 08:45:28 pm »
Simon's Quest Tiger Handheld! I have no idea what happened to mine and after years of searching my parent's house, I decided to search for a decently priced one online. It's still as awesome and horrible as I remember.

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:38 am »
Haha, those were sweet! I had a bunch of ninja turtles handhelds back in the day.

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 01:54:19 am »
My brother found this for me today, complete in box. I've never played with one...quite honestly probably never will.

Snapbucket

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:30 am »
Ha, I just saw a picture of the activator (or is it actiVator?) in the newest Game Informer... A version of the article here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/05/13/useless-peripherals.aspx
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas