Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 6679 times)

darko

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:24 am »
I'm seeing some really positive feedback for this game online. I'm thinking about picking it up tonight. It looks like a first-person Metal Gear Solid. Anyone played it yet? If so, what do you think?

scott

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:36:18 am »
I've never played a single Dues Ex game. I heard really good things about the original, but then the series kinda dropped off after the 1st sequel. I may check out the demo and see what it's all about.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:38:51 am »
I've never played them either. I've heard GOTY contender from more than one reviewer.

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:24 am »
The original is one of the best games I've ever played and I'm super pumped for the new ones...which is excited because I rarely get excited for new games.

darko

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:31 am »
Same here. I was a little excited about Dragon Age II but it's still unwrapped on my shelf. I might actually be able to get into this from looking at the in-game footage.

madmax

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:19:30 am »
I haven't played any of them but there has definately been tons of hype about this. I'm gonna have to look into it, game footage and such.

I find that its really difficult to buy new games, there is so much released all the time. There always seems to be a holiday where people spend all their money around the corner, thus so many games being released all the time.

This is really gonna be a case of having an extra.penny and no good games on the shelves.around it unfortunately. I feel like I miss out on great games because if this...

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 03:25:07 pm »
I was a little excited about Dragon Age II but it's still unwrapped on my shelf.

I was super pumped about the first Dragon Age, but after I played it for a bit, I haven't gone back to it.  Maybe I just need to try with a different class?  Healer class probably wasn't the best way to start off, especially since I'm not super familiar with PC RPGs...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »
I was a little excited about Dragon Age II but it's still unwrapped on my shelf.

I was super pumped about the first Dragon Age, but after I played it for a bit, I haven't gone back to it.  Maybe I just need to try with a different class?  Healer class probably wasn't the best way to start off, especially since I'm not super familiar with PC RPGs...

I played through DA: O as a Damage dealer warrior, and let Alaistar tank for my party. Next I'm gonna try mage I think. Played all the origins and I still love the Noble dwarf the most.

on an on topic note, I'm prolly gonna DL the Dues Ex demo tonight.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 04:36:01 pm »
@desocietas It's actually a really good game. You should give it another shot!

@matt Cool. Let us know what you think!

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:32 pm »
I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled in two hours... maybe this weekend would be a good time to get back into that one.

Oh, the backlog! *weeps*
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:46 pm »
Ha. My roommate just had that done. He was good to go with all foods in a week and was perfectly fine (other than sleepy) right after he was done.

You'll have plenty of gaming time.

Mine were a nightmare that I will wait to share until after you're all healed up...

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 11:15:39 pm »
Someone should definitely update us when they play through some of the game. I enjoyed the original (on PS2), and this thread is making me curious about the new one.

matt

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »
@darko good lord mine was a nightmare as well...

darko

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 04:01:11 pm »
I'm picking the game up at a redbox on my way home. I'll give everyone an opinion tomorrow. I really want the European and Australian Collector's Edition so I figured I'll give the game a test before I drop the money to have one of those shipped to me.

jobocan

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 10:29:33 pm »
I picked up the Augmented Edition on greenmangaming for 40$ (due to a coupon code). I'm not very far through it yet (played the intro and the first mission) but it's definitely interesting. Still getting used to the cover system, but otherwise it seems very solid (this coming from someone who rarely likes FPS). Watched a friend play on his save a bit and there were definitely some cool elements there.
I may give a more detailed impression later on :P