Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 6677 times)

darko

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 01:35:41 am »
I managed to play a few hours this evening. I just made it out into the city envitonment for the first time. I'm pretty impressed to be honest. Imagine smashing together Metal Gear and Mass Effect with a dash of Splinter Cell and Square's influence. I'm obviously not very far but I'm buying it for sure. I can already tell that the story is going to get really deep and twisted which I enjoy and the gameplay is actually fun. Plenty of stealth and/or shooting to be had, both are fun and effective thus far.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 12:55:34 am »
so, is the verdict buy it? it's on amazon right now for $45.

darko

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »
Yes. For sure.

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 01:10:28 am »
I'm def. going to buy it, but not right away. Thanks for the game info..

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 09:17:58 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 10:07:46 pm »
For those who need the price motivation: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/57992/amazon.com-deus-ex-human-revolution-xbox-360-or-ps3

Ha, if I hadn't bought a bunch of stuff already this week, I'd be right on it....

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:07 am »
well I got it on pc. I haven't had any time to really sit down more than 15 minutes infront of the computer though. its installed and I saw part of the intro. I need more time <.<

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:51 am »
For those who need the price motivation: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/57992/amazon.com-deus-ex-human-revolution-xbox-360-or-ps3

that was enough motivation for me. too bad i just bought so many games....

madmax

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 01:22:02 am »
Well I've sunk a few hours into it and so far i like it a lot. I know the goal is to be sneaky but i just don't find it as fun as shooting everyone :P

darko

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:09 am »
Sneaking takes a lot longer and is actually fairly difficult. I like it though.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled in two hours... maybe this weekend would be a good time to get back into that one.

Mine were a nightmare that I will wait to share until after you're all healed up...

@darko good lord mine was a nightmare as well...

Forgot to update: Mine went off without a hitch, but I guess after multiple gum surgeries, that was pretty much a piece of cake.  Soft, bloody cake, more like, but still easy!

I want to hear these storieeeees!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 09:17:33 pm »
@desocietas Oh man, they knocked me out for mine, I woke up on my couch at home, hours later. I still don't remember leaving the office. I hope I didn't let out any government secrets.... Did they give you yours to keep? They did for me, I bring them out for the gross factor on occasion. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »
@desocietas Oh man, they knocked me out for mine, I woke up on my couch at home, hours later. I still don't remember leaving the office. I hope I didn't let out any government secrets.... Did they give you yours to keep? They did for me, I bring them out for the gross factor on occasion. ;)

I got knocked out but woke up promptly after 30 min.  My brother drove me home, and while he killed some time watching Jurassic Park 3, I made myself some Spaghetti Os and changed my gauze.

I wanted to keep mine! But I didn't have a chance to ask the doctor, and other friends had told me they've been told "no" because of biohazard reasons.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 12:58:46 pm »
Basically, the meds they gave me for pain made me sick. I threw up on my way home from the surgery and developed dry sockets almost immediately from it. It took me 2 weeks to recover and I couldn't start taking the pain meds again for 2 days without throwing up. It was brutal.

desocietas

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 02:08:12 pm »
Basically, the meds they gave me for pain made me sick. I threw up on my way home from the surgery and developed dry sockets almost immediately from it. It took me 2 weeks to recover and I couldn't start taking the pain meds again for 2 days without throwing up. It was brutal.

Ugh, that sucks... A friend of mine had a similar issue... threw up, which caused all her stitches to break.  Sorry to hear it, @darko!  Good thing you'll never have to do that again...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas