Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 6665 times)

scott

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 02:24:23 pm »
I bet they regrew just to spite him.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:00 am »
Ha. Luckily they're still gone :)

The only other shitty medical thing I've had done is having a mole removed from the top of my scalp. Apparently my skin is "like a 12 year olds" so it was too tight to keep the stitches in place. Long story short, I have a dime sized divot on the very top of my head....and I'm going to be bald someday. Now I'm going to have to get plastic surgery on my freaking scalp :(

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 06:24:29 am »
Had my wisdom teeth surgically removed when I was 17.. Back in April 2000.. The top ones were pulled but the bottom ones were cut out with a saw since they were grown into the bone. I was out for 5 hours. Only time I've ever been pur under.

desocietas

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 12:45:44 pm »
5 hours... damn.  I had tubes put into my eardrums when I was 8 or so, but don't know how long I was out for.  Did they have to cut from the outside of your cheek or... ugh, I realize this is a pretty disgusting OT segue...

And @darko, that sucks about the scalp!  Maybe in the future they can get the skin to regrow in the area...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »
I think it's funny you all are discussing this stuff...I just returned to work this week after having my gall bladder removed...not fun. I couldn't even focus on games for the couple months before surgery, nor the three weeks after, meaning I feel way behind on my gaming now.

I did learn that strong pain meds and 80's cartoons are a glorious mix. The Real Ghostbusters FTW!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

madmax

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 11:41:28 pm »
Back on track :p

I'm in china right now and once im don't all the missions I want to kill everyone in the map. Do i ever have to go back?

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:42 pm »
Yeah, you revisit each area at least once during the storyline, and that's as much as I can share without spoilers.

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 01:48:13 pm »
I think it's funny you all are discussing this stuff...I just returned to work this week after having my gall bladder removed...not fun. I couldn't even focus on games for the couple months before surgery, nor the three weeks after, meaning I feel way behind on my gaming now.

I did learn that strong pain meds and 80's cartoons are a glorious mix. The Real Ghostbusters FTW!

Is the recovery affecting your time with Layton?  And that's funny about the pain meds and the 80s cartoon, but it makes so much sense...  What do they have you on?  They gave me Percocet for the wisdom teeth, but thankfully I was able to do just fine with Advil.  In case anyone's in the market for some Percocet... ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 11:22:48 pm »
I'm fairly recovered now...and I've had plenty of time with Layton. (Planning on finishing the main game tonight, actually.)

The sad thing is that I'm still only about 5 hours in on Devil Survivor: Overclocked, and I picked up Bit.Trip Saga and the trippy-ness didn't go well with the Vicodin, so I've maybe put in an hour? And those three are the only games I've picked up since June, so my Christmas list this year is long and my backlog is growing.

scott

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 12:04:16 am »
the trippy-ness didn't go well with the Vicodin

You mean, it didn't enhance the gameplay? ha

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 10:43:33 pm »
Oh it enhanced it...to the point that I turned on the game and got nauseous immediately. That's some fancy gameplay right there! /sarcasm