Author Topic: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 28776 times)

Re: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
Is the Milon game just a port of the NES game, or is it an entirely different game?

Good question, iu will try to find it outm i did not have a chance to test it yet :)
Here is what i found on Wikkipedia:

The Game Boy version includes a password feature, but is otherwise mostly identical to the NES version. Besides that, there are other obvious differences between the Game Boy and NES versions. First, the room sizes are smaller, likely due in part to the smaller available screen size. As a result, many hidden items and platforms are not in the same absolute position, but can be found in roughly the same relative position. Second, every item costs a little less money than in the NES version. Additionally, there are slightly fewer money tiles to collect, which generally works in favor of the player. The store that gives you $10 in the NES version gives you $15 in this version. Third, the boss fights are substantially easier. You can attack the entire body of the boss, not just the head. Bosses send only one projectile out at a time, and the projectiles are much smaller. The projectiles are more focused on your current position, so they are easier to dodge. Finally, the ending has new illustrations added to it.

8)

insektmute

« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
Ugh! I would have tossed that PS1 controller straight into the trash. They are fairly common.

I came so close, but I get really hung up about wasting stuff that works. I almost didn't want the cleaning to work, just so I could justify tossing the nasty thing.

Looks pretty and new now, though :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2013, 02:56:46 pm »
Cool, thanks. Guess it sounds like the NES version is the version to hold on to. I'm sure it has better looking graphics (and in color, of course), and better sound.

foxhack

« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »
I bought an indie bundle like a year back for the games, but I also got a bonus DRM free copy of Postal 1.

Well it turns out that everyone who got that bundle also got a free Steam key. So now I got a Steam key for a game I already owned on GOG and DRM free. Oy.

jobocan

« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2013, 05:51:45 pm »
Received Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS and Clockwork Knight on Saturn.

Oh and Bioshock Infinite activates in 7 hours on Steam so I'll soon be playing my free copy of that too.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »
Look what was in my mailbox today.

The reason my wife was so against me going to that dude's place to buy an $80 copy of Earthbound is she already had it on order.  She won't give me a whole lot of details, but says "It was listed wrong and wasn't near what Earthbound usually goes for".  The others were just bonus, but the only double is Shatterhand. Anyone need a copy?
She's probably not being entirely truthful, but it was nice and I'm tickled shitless to have Earthbound in my collection.

jobocan

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2013, 10:15:45 pm »
the only double is Shatterhand. Anyone need a copy?

EVERYONE needs a copy! That game is so good :P

empovyle

« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2013, 07:41:08 pm »
Picked up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Daxter, and a third copy of Croc a few days ago (Thankfully third times the charm as my first two copies didn't work or hardly worked), and ordered Medievil II + Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee today. T'is a shame they were not in stores as I could have easily saved so much money :(

ko1ru

« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »

The reason my wife was so against me going to that dude's place to buy an $80 copy of Earthbound is she already had it on order.  She won't give me a whole lot of details, but says "It was listed wrong and wasn't near what Earthbound usually goes for".  The others were just bonus, but the only double is Shatterhand. Anyone need a copy?
She's probably not being entirely truthful, but it was nice and I'm tickled shitless to have Earthbound in my collection.

Awww, that was sweet.  :)  Congrats!

soera

« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

You think I could borrow her as my wife long enough to get my own copy of EB? Thanks! Im willing to do a wife swap if necessary.  :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2013, 06:58:04 pm »
Sold. In fact, you can keep them both. I need a little time alone to catch up on stuff.

« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »
I picked up a few things yesterday, all used:

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) $28 - I already had a copy, but it had no case or manual. A local used book store had a copy there complete.

Goldeneye 007 (Wii) $10 - Finally got around to picking this up. Loved the original on the N64. Really enjoying it so far.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii) $3 - This game...I don't know why but everything about this game creeps me out. Makes me incredibly uncomfortable while playing it, almost to the point of being sick. Very, very weird, and I am unsure if I will keep it.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii) $10 - Another one I finally got around to picking up. Played up to the police station and it's fun while being a bit nostalgic. Probably closest thing to an RE2 remake I'll get to play.

Rygar: The Battle of Argus (Wii) $2 - Seems alright so far, though I can't get past the first large enemy. Maybe I am over looking a dodge mechanic or something. I hear it wasn't well received, but I figure for the price I could have some fun.

A few things I got last week:

Skies of Arcadia Legends (Gamecube) $57 - Complete copy off Amazon. Wasn't a huge fan when I played it before on the Dreamcast, but I didn't hate anything about it.

New Play Control Pikmin (Wii) $19 - Really liked the Pikmin game in Nintendo Land and had no problem finding a copy of Pikmin 2. Stopped by a Gamestop one day just to look around and they had a copy of this one. The manual is in pretty bad shape though, but maybe I'll find a replacement later on.

Baten Kaitos (Gamecube) $9 - Found this at a Play N Trade, complete. Another I wasn't a huge fan of when I played it long ago, but I figured I would give it a shot again at some point, and at this price I thought it was a steal.

And last, I ordered a few things off Amazon last night:

The Hyrule Historia and Lego Lord of the Rings.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2013, 08:27:12 pm »
I picked up a few things yesterday, all used:

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) $28 - I already had a copy, but it had no case or manual. A local used book store had a copy there complete.

Goldeneye 007 (Wii) $10 - Finally got around to picking this up. Loved the original on the N64. Really enjoying it so far.

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii) $3 - This game...I don't know why but everything about this game creeps me out. Makes me incredibly uncomfortable while playing it, almost to the point of being sick. Very, very weird, and I am unsure if I will keep it.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii) $10 - Another one I finally got around to picking up. Played up to the police station and it's fun while being a bit nostalgic. Probably closest thing to an RE2 remake I'll get to play.

Rygar: The Battle of Argus (Wii) $2 - Seems alright so far, though I can't get past the first large enemy. Maybe I am over looking a dodge mechanic or something. I hear it wasn't well received, but I figure for the price I could have some fun.

A few things I got last week:

Skies of Arcadia Legends (Gamecube) $57 - Complete copy off Amazon. Wasn't a huge fan when I played it before on the Dreamcast, but I didn't hate anything about it.

New Play Control Pikmin (Wii) $19 - Really liked the Pikmin game in Nintendo Land and had no problem finding a copy of Pikmin 2. Stopped by a Gamestop one day just to look around and they had a copy of this one. The manual is in pretty bad shape though, but maybe I'll find a replacement later on.

Baten Kaitos (Gamecube) $9 - Found this at a Play N Trade, complete. Another I wasn't a huge fan of when I played it long ago, but I figured I would give it a shot again at some point, and at this price I thought it was a steal.

And last, I ordered a few things off Amazon last night:

The Hyrule Historia and Lego Lord of the Rings.

Rygar: Battle of Argus is a straight port of an early PS2 game. The only difference is the game case, they changed the name, and they emo-fied the main character. It uses the same graphics even (except for the main characters changes, of course).

It was a fantastic game when it came out in 2002 (maybe 2003?). But to re-release the same exact game under a different title and a new character is just shady. I got duped into buying it because I thought it was a new Rygar game, and was pissed. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I'm sure that has a lot to do with the hate the game receives.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:55:02 pm by burningdoom »

atariboy

« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2013, 08:39:28 pm »
This came in the mail today:

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2013, 08:55:03 pm »
Darko is a Duck Tales 2 whore. He hooks up with everyone.