Author Topic: game development (udk)  (Read 1786 times)

madmax

game development (udk)
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:13:37 pm »
I've been working with UDK for the past few months. I have a background 3D modelling and all that but not coding. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about programming in game engines. specifically udk.

I can make most of the game I'm working on but have somewhat lost motivation because I can make the environments but not make the playable part.

madmax

Re: game development (udk)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:44:24 pm »
I posted this on reddit a while back. I am planning on working on the actual environment soon. Either with terragen (Depending how complex it is) or just UDK itself. This building has been fixed a lot and is truer to the original zombie base right now. The staircase is now in the corner of the building and goes up in a square pattern. It's not as fat and the columns have been fixed. I'll post more when I can actually sit down and open UDK (So much Homework :( )

The UI is the stock UDK one, i want to change it but am having difficulties figuring out how. I need to watch more tutorials and such.

madmax

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »
Ok I opened up UDK and took a few pictures. I havent started the environments yet and that lighthouse needs stairs and a roof :P

scott

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:43:22 am »
Oooh I like the framing and broken glass in the light house.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 11:39:59 pm »
I've started modelling the terrain, nothing really mind blowing at this point but wait till i get into detail with trees and grass :D

Also, i didn't mention it before. this is a zombie survival game on an island (nothing like dead island)

scott

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 11:46:32 pm »
PIRATE ZOMBIES! ARG! :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 03:03:43 pm »
I would love to help but the most I can do it test it out. I haven't done any programming work in forever. Even then, what I did do was just shy of novice (at best).

madmax

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:07:11 pm »
it still needs a lot of work and time before I get anywhere near testing. Like I said. I can do the modelling and such but the programming aspects are holding me back.