Author Topic: Isolated for being a gamer?  (Read 9880 times)

ko1ru

Re: Isolated for being a gamer?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 11:47:43 am »
I would think the 1.) aspect would have played through by now as their are tons of gamer females out there? An it seems alot of them have their own youtube /chat channels, and even taken over the xbox360 clan..

Not a chance. At the moment female gamers are classed as either -

1) "Fake" gamers - they play Farmville, Angry Birds, etc and very occasionally a little something on their boyfriend's 360 (badly, no doubt).
2) Attention seekers. All women with a Youtube channel who game fall into this category automatically. They probably only like <game you like> to try to look cool.
3) Real gamers, but ugly. Any woman who has proven she really does play "proper" games and doesn't have a Youtube channel must be ugly, because if she wasn't she'd have a Youtube channel.

So true, Kimimi.  It's all so very black and white to most, when in fact shades of gray exist.  ;)

insektmute

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 11:53:56 am »
I have it on good authority that ko1ru is actually a really hot gamer chick and does not have a YouTube channel, despite being stuck in the middle of nowhere :p

ko1ru

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 11:56:51 am »
I have it on good authority that ko1ru is actually a really hot gamer chick and does not have a YouTube channel, despite being stuck in the middle of nowhere :p

Sshhhh!  Don't go givin' muh secrets away Erk!  :P

scott

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:41 am »
I'm not gonna lie. When Amuariel and Desocietas joined the site, I was like "oh hey, we have female gamers on the site, sweet". Since then they've been slowly coming out of the woodwork... like Canadians, only not as many.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ko1ru

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 12:01:05 pm »
I'm not gonna lie. When Amuariel and Desocietas joined the site, I was like "oh hey, we have female gamers on the site, sweet". Since then they've been slowly coming out of the woodwork... like Canadians, only not as many.

LOL  Hey, as long as you weren't PMing them and asking them "show me your b00bies!!!1", I'd say there's nothing to worry about.  ;p

insektmute

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 12:02:59 pm »

I was just looking for an excuse to remind you to get out of Missouri. Being from Portland, I basically think of it as a Hills Have Eyes type of place O.O

ko1ru

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 12:05:09 pm »

I was just looking for an excuse to remind you to get out of Missouri. Being from Portland, I basically think of it as a Hills Have Eyes type of place O.O

Yeah, speaking of isolation... it kind of is!   :o

Here's to the day I finally move back to civilization!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:08:45 pm by ko1ru »

insektmute

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 12:09:17 pm »
Having been stuck back in the suburbs for a bit a year or two ago, I definitely recommend getting somewhere more urban. I mean, SHOWS HAPPEN. I saw Swans and Grimes and Portishead within the span of a year!

ko1ru

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »
Having been stuck back in the suburbs for a bit a year or two ago, I definitely recommend getting somewhere more urban. I mean, SHOWS HAPPEN. I saw Swans and Grimes and Portishead within the span of a year!

Fo sho.  Last show I saw was Whitehouse... like... years ago!   :-[

insektmute

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13:19 pm »
Ok, kinda envious there. I've never gotten to see Whitehouse, Masonna, or any of the other big "classic" groups :(

Killing Joke's supposed to play Seattle soon, though...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:49 pm »

LOL  Hey, as long as you weren't PMing them and asking them "show me your b00bies!!!1", I'd say there's nothing to worry about.  ;p

What do you mean?  That's what Canadians are good for.  ;D

foxhack

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 12:24:52 pm »

What do you mean?  That's what Canadians are good for.  ;D
WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE CANADIAN MALE BOOBIES SHOO SHOO

... as for being isolated...

Well. Imagine being the only nerdy guy who likes the stuff I do and nobody else does except for two or three people. Add to that the general cultural difference between the US and Mexico and I'm a hell of an oddball in my hometown. I'm not saying there aren't gamers, there are, it's just that there aren't many who have similar interests in gaming.

It's hard to explain. :\
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:27:21 pm by foxhack »

scott

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

Haha, I lol'd at both possible meanings.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 02:17:57 pm »
I'm sorry, you were saying something about boobs?

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 03:06:44 pm »
Not at all. All my friends are Gamers. Secondly, Why would I want to associate with non-gamers, I isolate them.