Author Topic: Can't Remember an NES Game  (Read 1469 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Can't Remember an NES Game
« on: March 10, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »
I can't remember it for the life of me. I played as a young child at my cousin's house.

It was very similar to Ikari Warriors in that it was a vertical scrolling, overhead view. I remember there being tanks similar to Ikari Warriors as well. And I distinctly remember being able to blow away landscape in it, I seem to remember blowing through a forrest of trees, but it could have been something else. There was also power-up icons (or maybe bonus point icons?) for your tank you could pick up underneath some of the blown-away landscape.

I know it's not Ikari Warriors. And I looked up the 2 sequels on YouTube, but those aren't ringing any bells. Does anyone here have any suggestions on what it might be?

soera

Re: Can't Remember an NES Game
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 02:53:40 pm »
Heavy Barrel is another Ikari warrior style of game.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:50:18 pm »
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »
Neither of those seem to be it from YouTube footage I saw. Although Heavy Barrel looks like 1 that should be on my wishlist.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:18:27 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:41:15 pm »
Somebody on another board pointed it out for me. Turns out it wasn't tanks at all, don't know why I'd remember that but I could have sworn it. But as soon as I saw it I knew it was the game: King's Knight.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 11:12:59 pm »
Off topic, but heavy barrel is indeed awesome.

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 01:10:03 am »
Somebody on another board pointed it out for me. Turns out it wasn't tanks at all, don't know why I'd remember that but I could have sworn it. But as soon as I saw it I knew it was the game: King's Knight.

Ha I picked up Kings Knight years ago, brand new and sucked! I still played it a lot tho but never got far. I bought a replacement cart for my original a year or so ago, but haven't played it yet. I wonder if I could be better now, with my current shmuping skills.

Funny story. When I got it, the guy talked me into it, saying it was a lot like Zelda, which I loved. So I talked to folks into buying it. Turns out, its nothing like Zelda, and that planted the seed of never listening to store clerks about games. They don't know wtf they are talking about, and will say anything to make a sale, even lie to young children about Zelda. Ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread