Author Topic: What's your favorite piece of gaming swag?  (Read 3403 times)

scott

What's your favorite piece of gaming swag?
« on: September 02, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »
Pre-order bonuses, collector's edition swag and gaming related items. Most video game collectors have at least a few of these. So what's your favorite piece of gaming swag, that is nearly always on display?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

Re: What's your favorite piece of gaming swag?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:05:54 pm »
I've been using a backpack embroidered with the Nintendo name logo lately, so that counts as "on display," right?  It was one of the many schwag items I got when I attended a select fans invite-only event around the time of GDC.  We got to play with the DSi before it was released, and everyone got a backpack with a DSi mug, stickers, other knick-knacks... and I won a copy of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin in some trivia contest.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 04:07:43 pm »
Oh, also I got this at a DQ event at a local mall:
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »
I don't have a whole lot of gaming swag, but there's one piece I'm pretty proud about.

It's a vynil record based on Yar's Revenge... Sadly I have no turntable to listen to it yet, but whatever, it's pretty awesome.
The best part about it is that the guy at the Flea Market gave it to me for free.

madmax

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »
Unfortunately i don't have any swag. I have the Final Fantasy movies on bluray but that's it. I want to eventually get the piano soundtracks though, those are absolutely amazing.

scott

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 08:23:35 pm »
@madmax that's how I feel about the castlevania soundtracks sooo good. Most are Japan only though....

scott

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 11:33:14 pm »
Here's mine, I actually have a top 3.

The first and most important on is the Castlevania 20th Anniversary pack, which came as a pre-order bonus with Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Actually, this is so important that when I realized I had misplaced the CD from it, I tore the entire house apart looking for it.  Finally found it last night, in a generic plastic case mixed in with PC stuff for some reason.

Next I have my Hallmark Arcade Ornaments. Pac-Man and Galaga, these things are sweet, it just sucks that Hallmark didn't release another one last year. There was a huge uproar about it, perhaps they'll produce another one soon.

And finally, the Dragon Quest Slime Controller for PS2. This thing is so awesome, I've never used it though. I just like the fact that I have a giant DQ Slime in my living room. haha

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »
I don't have much room to display stuff but I do have my small collection of Street Fighter action figures hung above my window.

If I did have the room my Bioshock 2 collectors edition would defiantly be on display. There's so much cool stuff in there.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 04:50:18 pm »
One of my favorite pieces of swag is definitely my Super Mario World watch, even though I don't wear it a lot because I'm scared something might happen to it :P

The piece I get the most use out of is certainly my Nintendo track jacket, if it gets even remotely chilly, this baby comes out!

And something that is on display most, is a collective of a lot of Mario and Donkey Stuff that I keep atop my Donkey Kong machine.

Snapbucket

Snapbucket

Snapbucket
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 05:54:22 pm »
@brettybluevein I've never even heard of a Donkey Kong version of Jenga!  Pretty neat...  Great watch, and that track jacket's definitely slick.  I should get one of those myself...

Also, that "hit me with your best score" is the sweetest... A Pat Benatar reference mashed up with Mario/Donkey Kong? Really?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 05:59:05 pm »
@desocietas I've seen that Jenga set around a bunch of times. Keep telling myself I'm gonna buy it eventually... never do, haha

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 06:03:24 pm »
Haha, yeah that card is pretty funny, I had to display it.

Also, @desocietas I added you on XBL so we could play Castle Crashers. Ever since I saw that arcade at PAX I've been playing it a ton. I forgot what a perfect game that is.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

scott

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 06:05:08 pm »
@brettybluevein add me too! GT is wyrmm

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 06:08:46 pm »
@scott Just added you. What does your name mean?

scott

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 06:12:54 pm »
Oh ha, it was the name of my Priest in WoW that I played forever. A wyrm is a a type of dragon, but I had to add the extra m at the end.