Author Topic: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?  (Read 17187 times)

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2014, 11:30:16 pm »
I liked this thread too!

Here is my new unpopular opinion: It is time for distribution to go digital. I will still buy physical over digital. But, I'm starting to realize that it is because I don't want to accept what I want. When the rumors that the nextgen consoles being digital only turned out to be false... I was kind of disappointed. And after spending time with an XBox One and PS4, it was made clear that optical drives are meaningless.

I generally like digital distribution, but I'd rather there continue to be both.  For those that want it, they have physical versions which matter more with a console experience usually.  I got use to digital stuff on PC because it was nicer to use steam than to keep having to dig for my cd's in a case and input the serial keys every time. I'm coming out of the digital aspect now though as I want a collection of games, so I'm only gonna buy digital games if I'm getting something on a great steam sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2014, 07:41:20 am »
Physical FTW...Forever!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2014, 09:06:03 am »
Occasionally they'll run a really good deal on a digital copy of a game on PSN and I'll bite.  Then inevitably a few months later I'll start wishing I actually had the physical copy instead, and I'll usually end up rebuying the game.  :P  So I think I'm *starting* to learn my lesson - I'm not really saving money in the long run.  ;)

There are occasional exceptions - I'll have to get 2 copies of ESO, for example, because my wife wants to play as well so one of those (mine :P) will be the CE and the other (hers) will be digital.  As long as I have one physical copy, I'm good.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2014, 09:12:10 am »
*Snip*

Coke is far superior to Pepsi, but Mt. Dew is way better than Mellow Yellow. 

*Snip*
Heresy!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2014, 09:33:36 am »
*Snip*

*Snip*
Heresy!

You think THAT'S controversial, I also fully believe that Mr. Pibb is so much better than Dr. Pepper that it's not even remotely close.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

bobster

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2014, 09:39:46 am »
*Snip*

*Snip*
Heresy!

You think THAT'S controversial, I also fully believe that Mr. Pibb is so much better than Dr. Pepper that it's not even remotely close.  ;)
That we can agree on :D. Pibb for life!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:06 am »

;D

Bwigdahl

« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »
This was probably on someone else's list, but I had a hell of a lot of fun playing Sonic '06.

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2014, 08:20:40 pm »
This was probably on someone else's list, but I had a hell of a lot of fun playing Sonic '06.

And you dare to have a JonTron picture for your avatar! BLASPHEMY! lol

foxhack

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »

I'm so sad I'll never get to experience Sonic '06.

pacpix

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:53 pm »
I don't watch much Game Grumps anymore, but their Sonic '06 playthrough was hilarious!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2014, 11:37:50 pm »
I don't watch much Game Grumps anymore, but their Sonic '06 playthrough was hilarious!

That game is such garbage lol

Bwigdahl

« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2014, 11:46:41 pm »

They were the reason I even went out looking for it lol. The game is only fun when playing with someone (share the love). But the experience of beating a level that seriously feels so broken that it's as if you weren't supposed to beat it is such an interesting feeling of triumph. Don't get me wrong, it is an absolutely horrible game in every way, but fun can still be had with the right people and in the right mood.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2014, 11:53:08 pm »
Except for a few select must-haves, the Game Boy, while innovative, was a terrible handheld.

The screen was horrible. I remember as a kid you'd have to have it angled just right, and in just the right light to play it well. And even then, there was still faded backgrounds and lots of screen blur when there was fast-motion going on in the game.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
Except for a few select must-haves, the Game Boy, while innovative, was a terrible handheld.

The screen was horrible. I remember as a kid you'd have to have it angled just right, and in just the right light to play it well. And even then, there was still faded backgrounds and lots of screen blur when there was fast-motion going on in the game.

I'm glad I have no nostalgia for that handheld, lol. aside from the pokemon games I don't think I've played many other original game boy games. Never even owned a handheld before the GBA and I don't ever really intend to go back to it. I think the only reason I'd ever own an original game boy would be to use it as a decoration since it is fairly iconic in appearance.