Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187722 times)

soera

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2013, 10:09:27 am »
Didnt this game just get released? Is it that short?

psydswipe

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 11:54:08 am »
Didnt this game just get released? Is it that short?

The Last of Us? I started it on Saturday and it took me 15 hours and 39 minutes on normal difficulty. That's a decent length, I just played a lot over the weekend. Finishing unlocks a new game+ mode that must carry over the weapon and character upgrades because you can't reach the trophies for those on one play through. I think that's a good length though it will certainly vary based on how much time is spent looking for crafting materials.

scott

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 09:22:11 pm »
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves complete! Man the last section with the invincible barbarian dudes was a pain in the ass.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »
Just finished Golden axe warrior. Very fun play through although there were moments of extreme frustration. Final boss was a pushover and the ending itself was maybe 60 seconds long of just the story. 8 bit greatness!

soera

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »
And can we get this thread moved to the general section instead of the modern area?

scott

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »
And can we get this thread moved to the general section instead of the modern area?

And Done.

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
Finally finished Final Fantasy II (Origins). That has to be the most grindy Final Fantasy ever. I got all the way to the final boss without leveling any offensive magic only to find out the boss is almost completely immune to physical damage. Fun times.

soera

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:01 pm »
Heh I hated leveling FF2. It was simply a miserable experience. Without doubt, has to be one of the worst pre-PS2 FF games out there. Ive played FF1 on all 3 available options and I have to say I liked the Origins one the best however.

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2013, 11:02:13 pm »
I think i must be legally insane, I made it my mission to complete all of the main Final Fantasy games and their sequels by playing only official US releases. So i've finished FF1 on NES and FF2 on PS1. I'm saving 3 for later since it was only released on handhelds in the US. Next is FFIV (II) on the snes.

soera

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 11:18:36 pm »
If you have not played them already, you are going to be in for a surprise with IV, VI, and VII. V was kind of meh ... I didnt mind it per se but it was pretty weak compared to those 3 that surrounded it. VIII kind of bored me too. Its been a while but all I can remember was trying to learn how to do something for hours and not quite ever getting it done and just gave up. If you dont play 3 early on, you arent going to enjoy it later. It really does belong early in the series. Its bland and closely resembles the first one. And Mystic quest is definitely a beginner style of game. No real exploration or anything. The tactics line is not my cup of tea at all. I dont like chess type battle scenes.

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 11:38:59 pm »
I've played VII, VIII, IX, and X. but im going to replay them. Thanks for the tip on III. looks like my DS XL will be getting some love real soon!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2013, 02:54:20 am »
Captain America: Super Soldier for XBox 360.

Not bad, especially for a movie-based game. It was nothing ground-breaking, but it was fun to play and had a little more polish than most movie-based games.

What's cool about it, is that it's a prequel to the movie rather than playing through the movie story.

scott

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2013, 11:37:15 pm »
And Uncharted 3 is done. This one seemed a lot more frustrating than the 1st two were. Would you look at that, I've beaten 3 games in a row without getting sidetracked. Yay.

darko

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 12:15:01 am »
I've beaten Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us over the past 2-3 weeks. Both are GOTY contenders in my book. I don't really know which one I prefer over the other as they are both so stark in contrast. However, I can safely say that I doubt I'll find something as amazing this year.

scott

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2013, 12:59:35 am »
I've beaten Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us over the past 2-3 weeks. Both are GOTY contenders in my book. I don't really know which one I prefer over the other as they are both so stark in contrast. However, I can safely say that I doubt I'll find something as amazing this year.

Last of us is definitely on my radar, and I need to get it soon. I'm also kinda intrigued by Beyond: Two Souls. But I'm not sure I want to get it preordered until I read more on it.

Also, continuing on my PS3 conquest, I'll be running through either the Infamous or Resistance series next. I'm not sure what to do tho. I just finished like 30 hours of platforming tho, so maybe an fps will keep things fresher.