Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190116 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1125 on: January 19, 2017, 05:43:52 pm »
Metroid (NES)
Wizards & Warriors

both today woo!

Finished Metroid on New Years Day for the first time! Actually really enjoyed it, and didn't find it as dated or aged as so many make it out to be.

Also just recently finished Sonic the Hedgehog I&II for the first time.

Have been trying for a few days to get passed the Wily Stage 4 boss in Mega Man 2... Not holding my breath.

kashell

« Reply #1126 on: January 20, 2017, 08:35:45 am »
I finished Aqua Aqua for the PlayStation 2 yesterday. It was a weird little puzzle game.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1127 on: January 20, 2017, 09:25:39 pm »
I just recently beat all the original scenarios for Rollercoaster Tycoon.  I played the hell out of the game as a kid, so it was fun to revisit it (and be much better at it).  I never even knew that there was a park to unlock once you beat all the scenarios.  I'm excited to move on and tackle some of the harder scenarios in the expansions that I could never beat. 

doafan

« Reply #1128 on: January 23, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
This morning have completed at 100% The Cave which is the first game that I have completed at all and now dunno if the best course of action is to keep the game in my HD because I have never unlocked all the achievements of a title or to remove it cause honestly wont gonna play with it in a long time or maybe never  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #1129 on: January 29, 2017, 06:46:50 pm »
Finished up River City: Tokyo Rumble on 3DS. Been playing the Kunio series since I was little on NES, neat little revamp for 3DS. Glad this one was untouched and kept the original Japanese story.

tripredacus

« Reply #1130 on: January 30, 2017, 12:43:01 pm »
Red Faction: Armageddon
Finished single player. Now re-running in EX mode for a while before looking at other game modes. I can't give a good review of the story because I played it over a couple years, even though it is not that hard. There are some spots that are annoying due to enemies respawning constantly until certain tasks are done (destroy this, repair that). No countdown timer events, which is great. It is very tedious that most enemies you face jump all over the place constantly.

azure

« Reply #1131 on: January 30, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »
Finished up Rouge Galaxy as well. Great game, that final boss can be stressful though if you mess up. Still gotta do all the postgame stuff.

kashell

« Reply #1132 on: January 31, 2017, 08:30:06 am »
Finished up Rouge Galaxy as well. Great game, that final boss can be stressful though if you mess up. Still gotta do all the postgame stuff.

The final boss can catch folks off guard if they aren't building up everyone in their party.

azure

« Reply #1133 on: January 31, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »

The final boss can catch folks off guard if they aren't building up everyone in their party.

Yeah no kidding, luckily I was prepared. I read afterwards that there are not any checkpoints. The last save is right before the first form of Mother, so if you fail that is a lot to redo... Read a lot of posts saying the boss ruined the game for some people, I think that is a little much. Great game, looking forward to the Ghost Ship in the post game. Did you do either of the Ghost Ships?

kashell

« Reply #1134 on: February 01, 2017, 08:03:39 am »
Yeah no kidding, luckily I was prepared. I read afterwards that there are not any checkpoints. The last save is right before the first form of Mother, so if you fail that is a lot to redo... Read a lot of posts saying the boss ruined the game for some people, I think that is a little much. Great game, looking forward to the Ghost Ship in the post game. Did you do either of the Ghost Ships?

I did one of the Ghost Ships in order to fill up my monster compendium to 100%. I don't think I needed to do the other one. The one thing I definitely didn't do was participate in that beetle breeding mini-game. After spending all of that time doing everything else, I was so ready to be done with the game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1135 on: February 01, 2017, 12:45:30 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

3. Elements of Destruction (DS)

Fun little game, especially for how cheap it is. Nothing more than a time-waster, but an entertaining one. You're a mad meteorologist who wants the world to respect weather, so you create a weather-making machine that can wreak havoc on unsuspecting cities with lightning storms, earthquakes, tornados, meteors, etc.

So it's kind of like the opposite of SimCity. Go and destroy someone's beautiful SimCity creation, with glee!

I found my copy for under $5 at GameStop. I don't know if it's still that cheap, but if it is, it's definitely a better purchase than McDonalds.

« Reply #1136 on: February 05, 2017, 10:49:53 pm »
I've finished Watch Dogs 2, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Jet Set Radio, Bully and Quantum Break in January and i've just finished Assassin's Creed Syndicate a few days ago =)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1137 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:34 am »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)

4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)

Very, VERY basic 1st-person view dungeon crawler, with some decent graphics. Only $2.99, though. It's only 8 levels long, and it has under 10 weapons, you levels max-out at 10 (you can level-up 1 point per level, and there are 3 areas to choose from (Strength, Endurance, Agility).

The point of the game is to collect all the keys in each stage, and kill the boss after doing so. Along the way you face enemies (same type for each stage, changes each stage), collect treasure, and gain experience points.

Glad it's not more than $2.99, but worth it for that cheap of a price to kill some time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:02:59 pm by burningdoom »

kevininja

« Reply #1138 on: February 12, 2017, 11:50:51 am »
BTW, if anyone could add this to the database, I'd be appreciative. Ever since the switch to "https", the site won't let me add items. It just adds a blank item if I try.

Added! https://vgcollect.com/item/119606

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1139 on: February 12, 2017, 12:03:19 pm »
BTW, if anyone could add this to the database, I'd be appreciative. Ever since the switch to "https", the site won't let me add items. It just adds a blank item if I try.

Added! https://vgcollect.com/item/119606

Thanks!