Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187698 times)

mark1982

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1335 on: May 05, 2018, 10:25:54 am »

Just finished God of War, and what a game...

Everything about it is top quality, from the story, to the dialogue, the artstyle and graphics are completely spot on. The combat is engaging and satisfying along with the leveling up system. I don't usually platinum games but this one I just wanted to keep on playing.

One of the best aspects of the game is the dialogue between Kratos and his son and how a bond is grown together throughout their adventure. Definitely deserving of all the high scores it has received. God of War is up there for game of the generation for me along with Bloodborne. Amazing game, if you haven't played it or you're on the fence, do check it out. Kratos is a whole new character in this game and a damn good one. Can't wait for the hinted sequels.  ;D
  l    l 

« Reply #1336 on: May 07, 2018, 11:07:04 am »
Finished Far Cry 5 last night... and let me tell you... I did not care for the endings that the game provided.

kashell

« Reply #1337 on: May 07, 2018, 11:10:40 am »
Miraculously, or maybe luckily, I was able to finish MOM Mode in Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus.

This mode pits you against all of the characters (except Justice and Kliff) in a one-round, gauntlet style set up. It starts simple enough, but around the 12th or so match the AI starts catching on and begins hitting back hard.

You don't recover any energy after a round is over. The only way to recover your energy is to remain on the offensive and build up the MOM Gauge so that recovery items pop out. Sometimes, you'll get lucky and get a few random drops.

So yeah, it's quite challenging. I was able to finish it with close to full health.

« Reply #1338 on: May 08, 2018, 07:08:52 am »
Finished 2 games I couldn't beat for years: Chaos Engine (played this game for the first time around 25 years ago), Faster Than Light. Both are excellent games, very different and very good in their own way. Both crazy hard too.

« Reply #1339 on: May 16, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »
Finally finished Yakuza 4.  Booted up yakuza 5, but back to being busy.

kashell

« Reply #1340 on: May 18, 2018, 08:20:07 am »
This has been a year of visual novels. Norn9 was meh, but Collar X Malice was pretty great. The story was clever, but the way it tackled issues like gun control, police brutality, and government mistrust was done in a way that wasn't preachy or overbearing. I definitely recommend it.

Up next, Psychadelica of the Black Butterfly.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #1341 on: May 21, 2018, 08:15:17 pm »
Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- I honestly thought it was better than the previous game.

Agents of Mayhem.
- I regret buying this. I continued playing it though because... achievements. I also felt like this was the game Volition wanted to make instead of SR4, but Deep Silver forced them to make SR4 instead.

kashell

« Reply #1342 on: May 27, 2018, 08:26:29 am »
Front Mission 3 is finished. I really liked it, but it wasn't without its flaws. Specifically, how long the story takes to get going. And, when it does get going, chances are it'll slow down. But, it had some great characters and some nice combat. With some tweaking, the combat could have been perfect.

azure

« Reply #1343 on: May 28, 2018, 08:35:28 pm »
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Fun little side game and setup for the actual Bloodstained title in development. Felt exactly like a classic Castlevania game with a modern twist, was a great time. Inti Creates can pick up Konami's slack I suppose  :P

« Reply #1344 on: May 31, 2018, 04:23:07 pm »
I just finished DKC: Tropical freeze. That game was HARD and Im kinda proud of myself for finishing it. I've never been that great at games and im even worse at finishing games, so this was kind of a big accomplishment for me!

kypherion

« Reply #1345 on: May 31, 2018, 04:43:51 pm »
Just finished Devil May Cry 1. Currently working through the 3rd one.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kashell

« Reply #1346 on: June 10, 2018, 10:12:13 am »
Drakengard 2 is finished. If anything, it's got me pumped for Drakengard 3 and the two Niers.

azure

« Reply #1347 on: June 13, 2018, 10:29:31 pm »
Panzer Dragoon 1cc finished! Only took a little practice, man do I love this game. Can't wait to jump into Zwei soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1348 on: June 14, 2018, 12:39:14 pm »
BurningDoom's 2018 Beaten Games List

1. Mercs (Arcade)
2. Combatribes (Arcade)
3. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
4. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (XBox 360)
5. Spider-Man: Edge of Time (XBox 360)
6. Wild Arms (PS1)
7. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (Xbox)
8. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (Xbox)

9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition (Xbox One)

Completed everything on this again (already did on original release some years back). It was nice to revisit Skyrim, in fully remastered HD again. But damn it's been too long since a new Elder Scrolls game. We didn't even get one this gen and we're not going to. Give me something new in this series, already!

And what I mean by completed it all is that I completed the main questline, the expansion main questlines, the Civil War, and all the guild questlines.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:07:49 pm by burningdoom »

bantha

« Reply #1349 on: June 14, 2018, 03:51:48 pm »
I just beat Vampyr on the PS4.

I'm not sure how to describe it...an action adventure game, heavily narrative based, with some janky Bloodborne-lite combat thrown in...that will do!

I really enjoyed it actually... interesting story and characters, awesome voice acting, great art direction. Some will hate the combat, but I thought it was fun.

My one gripe with it could do with being a bit shorter...I was mainlining the main questline in the last few hours to finish it off.