Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190076 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2014, 08:05:27 pm »
Just beat Mega Man Legends again so I would be refreshed on what was going on before starting Mega Man Legends 2. I'll start that later tonight or tomorrow.

argyle

« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »
So far this year:

• Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Pt. 1
  • Bravely Default demo
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Y's: Memories of Celceta

I typically don't count demos, but since the BD demo took 8 hours and is supposedly unique content not found in the final game I felt it was worth listing.  Hope to add DMC to the list by the end of the week. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2014, 12:06:14 pm »
Finished Lords of Shadow again last night. Certainly not a fan of 80% of the game...  Moving on to Mirror of Fate tonight (which I enjoyed much more)!

Completed Games of 2014:
1. Resogun (PS4)
2. Contrast (PS4)
3. Castlevania - NES Classics (GBA)
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2014, 12:31:35 pm »
I beat Aliens: Colonial Marines on the PS3 last night, and quite honestly I do not see where all the hate from reviewers come from. Sure it is no Call of Duty in terms of polish, but it was by no means as poorly made and unplayable game as many review sites claimed it was. Don't get me wrong, the game has a lot of bugs, and the graphics at time, specifically the character models for both the humans and xenos, can be meh at times, but it was an enjoyable, playable game for the most part. It was no buggier that Skyrim when it came out, yet critics praised it up and down despite their being several mission breaking bugs and weird texture problems. If you are a fan of the Alien franchise, you'll probably be able to enjoy it, I know I did :)

bobster

« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »
I just beat Shin Megami Tensei 4 this morning. At 56 hours, I haven't played an RPG for that long in a while. I can finally start Bravely Default, except my girlfriend just beat Link Between Worlds and is eyeing it up :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2014, 01:34:52 pm »
Stick it in your 3DS first and call dibs!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2014, 01:54:42 pm »
I just beat Shin Megami Tensei 4 this morning. At 56 hours, I haven't played an RPG for that long in a while. I can finally start Bravely Default, except my girlfriend just beat Link Between Worlds and is eyeing it up :(

What'd you think about SMT IV?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2014, 01:56:06 pm »
Stick it in your 3DS first and call dibs!
Good idea!

bobster

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2014, 02:02:21 pm »

What'd you think about SMT IV?
I actually meant to talk about it more before but got lazy lol.

I played through the game on normal difficulty for the first 25 hours because I'm stubborn. That 25 hours did not include all those times I got wiped out in one turn and reset the game to load my last save. It's incredibly brutal on normal so you'll be saving quite often. Once I finally admitted to myself I wasn't proving anything, I died twice and got the option to lower the difficulty. The game was much more enjoyable then. It's a good game that requires a lot of tactics, but it's very long. Tons of demons to collect and fuse, and if you're a completionist like I tend to be, you'll want to recruit all the demons. The story was good, especially towards the end!

All in all, I really enjoyed the game. But I've enjoyed previous SMT games so this wasn't much of a surprise. My advice for anyone wanting to play the game is put it on easy right from the get go, and get the pinpoint auto attack ability as soon as possible. 

argyle

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2014, 09:17:58 pm »
Finished Lords of Shadow again last night. Certainly not a fan of 80% of the game...  Moving on to Mirror of Fate tonight (which I enjoyed much more)!

I was the opposite, I enjoyed LoS MUCH more than MoF.  Pretty much the main reason to play MoF IMO is for the story - the gameplay is serviceable but doesn't stand out, especially when compared to past 2D "Metroidvania" style games in the series. 

EDIT:

Oh, and I mentioned it in the "now playing" thread because I forgot about this one, but I beat DMC last night (well...technically this morning).  I loved it, you can tell Ninja Theory really had a love for the source material.  Probably my only real complaint is that there are too many areas where the path splits, and if you start down the "correct" one it will block you off from backtracking & seeing what was down the other.  I like to explore, so this was a little annoying.  Still, minor complaint overall.  So now I'm at 5 for the year:

1. Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Pt. 1
2. Bravely Default demo
3. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
4. Y's: Memories of Celceta
5. DMC
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:21:11 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2014, 11:13:56 am »
I needed to play something light after the long RPG that is Shin Megami Tensei 4, so I popped in Mega Man 2 last night and beat that on difficult! Very satisfying. Fuck that 4th Dr Wiley stage boss though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2014, 12:58:19 pm »
I needed to play something light after the long RPG that is Shin Megami Tensei 4, so I popped in Mega Man 2 last night and beat that on difficult! Very satisfying. Fuck that 4th Dr Wiley stage boss though.

Is that the one where you have to very selectively use your Crash Bombs? Yeah, I hate that one, too. One small mistake, and it's not possible to beat the boss.

scott

« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2014, 01:35:46 pm »
I was the opposite, I enjoyed LoS MUCH more than MoF.  Pretty much the main reason to play MoF IMO is for the story - the gameplay is serviceable but doesn't stand out, especially when compared to past 2D "Metroidvania" style games in the series. 

That's funny. I found the gameplay to be enjoyable, but it seemed a little short. But overall I found Mirror of Fate to feel much more like a Castlevania game than Lords of Shadow did. Lords of Shadow seemed like the story was drawn out longer than needed and some of the areas seemed boring to me. The only section of the game I really liked was the vampire section, mainly the clockwork tower and music box.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2014, 01:56:18 pm »
I finished Super Street Fighter IV on 3DS with Ryu and Fei Long. I took a long break from fighting games, but this is going to drag me back in. In the last 2 weeks I've bought the 3DS and Xbox 360 versions of this game.

bobster

« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2014, 04:04:36 pm »

Is that the one where you have to very selectively use your Crash Bombs? Yeah, I hate that one, too. One small mistake, and it's not possible to beat the boss.
That's the one. It was super crappy lol. They put up extra barriers just to bait you into wasting it too lol.