Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191309 times)

turom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #765 on: July 02, 2015, 05:24:20 am »
Cleared the last chapter of Apotheon yesterday.

Being fond of mythology I really enjoyed this interpretation of the Greek myths, the aestetics of this game mimics very well the style found on the actual relics. And the final was pretty epic!
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #766 on: July 02, 2015, 11:52:53 am »
Batman: Arkham Knight on PC

Taking away all the pc problems I'd say it's almost as good as Arkham City, not as good as but almost.

Honestly I'm enjoying the game a lot, but Damn they rely on the Bat-mobile way too F#@king much. last I checked I was around 30% done

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #767 on: July 02, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster in my Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)
10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
16. Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare (XBox 360)
17. ECW Hardcore Revolution (GBC)
18. Resident Evil (GameCube)
19. Resident Evil 2 - Dual-Shock Edition (PS1) - Both Scenarios A & B

20. Final Fantasy (GBA)

Very simple JRPG, but fun JRPG. I like the old simple-style of the early 8-bit & 16-bit JRPGs, and this fit the bill perfectly. And damn the Martial Artist gets some insane attack-power at the end of the game!

« Reply #768 on: July 06, 2015, 10:39:54 pm »
killzone 2.
game was a little dull. didnt really connect with the characters. it was fairly easy until a huge difficulty spike at the end. my god was the end boss hard.
controls need work, average shooter.

abe

« Reply #769 on: July 10, 2015, 10:27:19 pm »
Just finished Ni no Kuni. Wow. :o I'm really glad I went back to it after leaving it for around a year. Minor issues aside, it was quite a spectacular game.

Abe's 2015 Completion List
1.   Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2.   Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3.   Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4.   The Swapper (PS4)
5.   inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
6.   Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita)
7.   Mega Man X2 (PS2)
8.   Home (PS4)
9.   Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS)
10. Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
12. Halo 4 (Xbox360)
13. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #770 on: July 14, 2015, 08:20:49 am »
I'm glad you enjoyed NNK. I always tell people that playing the game is a struggle, but seeing it through to the end is worth the effort. Any plans on getting the platinum trophy? IIRC, it didn't take me that long in comparison to other RPGs.

I finished the Xel'lotath path in Eternal Darkness yesterday. So, I had no idea that this was allegedly the hardest the of the three options when you start the game. I said to myself, "Oh look! Green! My favorite color!" and that lead me to a rude awakening. Anyways, fantastic game. I'm not going to lie...I want to see the other paths now. That means I'm going to have to buy it since the copy I'm playing is my brother's.

abe

« Reply #771 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:52 am »
I'm glad you enjoyed NNK. I always tell people that playing the game is a struggle, but seeing it through to the end is worth the effort. Any plans on getting the platinum trophy? IIRC, it didn't take me that long in comparison to other RPGs.

I understand what you mean by the struggle. I felt like there were a lot of little things that bugged me here and there, and in regards to the ally AI I couldn't help but think that Tales has been doing this better for years. The game could've really benefited from a more in-depth tactics system to get your party members to actually do what you want. I don't plan on getting the platinum any time soon, but maybe I'll try for it if I ever decide to replay the game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #772 on: July 14, 2015, 12:20:31 pm »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster In My Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)
10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
16. Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare (XBox 360)
17. ECW Hardcore Revolution (GBC)
18. Resident Evil (GameCube)
19. Resident Evil 2 - Dual-Shock Edition (PS1) - Both Scenarios A & B
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)

21. Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)

It's Dynasty Warriors. You hack-n-slash your way through waves of enemies, following the various changes on the battlefield. It's a bit prettier, and bit more refined than the last one. You either like this kind of game, or you don't. Sometimes, I just feel like button-mashing my way through waves of weaklings. I beat a couple different storyline scenarios.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:12:48 pm by burningdoom »

jsoup

« Reply #773 on: July 15, 2015, 05:37:40 pm »
1. Costume Quest 2 (Rebeat)
2. SigCorp - Holiday Special #2
3. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
4. Half-Life 2
5. Half-Life 2: Episode 1
6. Half-Life 2: Episode 2
7. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
8. Blackwell Epiphany
9. KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days HD
10. Broken Age
11. Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
12. Contrast
13. Murasaki Baby
14. Sound Shapes
15. The Stanley Parable
16. LEGO Jurassic Park

17. Grim Fandango Remastered

Good story, awesome OST, visually amazing. Was a tad glitchy at parts, but nothing major. A true classic of the adventure genre and I highly recommend it.

foxhack

« Reply #774 on: July 15, 2015, 06:55:38 pm »
Just finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood on PC, which was a birthday gift from a good friend of mine.

It kind of just... ends and leads into Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's a bit of a letdown. The ride was fun, I guess.

deftommo

« Reply #775 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:07 am »
I got a PS3 late last year, so my list of beaten games of 2015 are as follows:

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
MGS4
Arkham Asylum
God of War III
Injustice
Ico (HD)

Right now I'm working on finishing MGS:PW HD in prep for MGSV

maximo310

« Reply #776 on: July 19, 2015, 12:16:07 am »
Virtua Fighter 1 1cc. I decided to try something out that was suggested, crouch+ punch, and I couldn't believe how most of the AI opponents fell for this, even Dural most of the time. It's an AI flaw, and make most of the fights( except round 8 and dural) a breeze.

abe

« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:35 pm »
Played through all the tracks in Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd (PSP) on normal. I liked this sequel a lot more than the original Project DIVA on the PSP. I felt that it ran more smoothly on the PSP than the original, maintaining a steadier and higher framerate. There were more tracks in DIVA 2nd than the original as well, and I found I had more favorite songs in this entry than the original. I would definitely have to recommend importing it to anyone with a PSP who enjoys rhythm games.

Abe's 2015 Completion List
1.   Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2.   Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3.   Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4.   The Swapper (PS4)
5.   inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
6.   Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita)
7.   Mega Man X2 (PS2)
8.   Home (PS4)
9.   Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS)
10. Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
12. Halo 4 (Xbox360)
13. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
14. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd (PSP)

maximo310

« Reply #778 on: July 21, 2015, 04:46:19 pm »
I finished the main quest of Oblivion after doing some guild storylines for Mages/Fighters Guild. I'd say that it was a pretty enjoyable experience for my first Elder Scrolls game, even with the technical problems in the game mostly due to the leveling system and other stuff( pc can probably fix that); I did like the different side quests along with guild storylines. I also liked the custom magic system and enchanting equipment, and all of the different skills that can be leveled up.  Now I need to decide on either Morrowind or Skyrim for my next ES game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #779 on: July 21, 2015, 06:49:29 pm »
I finished the main quest of Oblivion after doing some guild storylines for Mages/Fighters Guild. I'd say that it was a pretty enjoyable experience for my first Elder Scrolls game, even with the technical problems in the game mostly due to the leveling system and other stuff( pc can probably fix that); I did like the different side quests along with guild storylines. I also liked the custom magic system and enchanting equipment, and all of the different skills that can be leveled up.  Now I need to decide on either Morrowind or Skyrim for my next ES game.

After playing Oblivion, Morrowind might be a bit rough around the edges to go back to. Skyrim is an amazing game, but they made it less RPG-ish by getting rid of character stats and replacing them with skill-trees.