Author Topic: Matt's ToDo List  (Read 18713 times)

Re: Matt's ToDo List
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 06:48:21 am »
No sweat.  I like what I see so far!  Great work!

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »
I have a simple request.. Is there a way to make wishlists exportable as well? I usually like to do up a little wishlist with average prices on ebay in an excel list for local shopping comparisons.

matt

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:14 am »
Definitely. I'll get this added sometime this week.

matt

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 08:18:55 am »
@epicede I've added this feature to the bottom of the settings page.

matt

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »
I updated/stickied/added a few items to the list.

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 09:30:04 pm »
Nice to see an official list. Thanks matt. I'm sure you probably already know but the features i'd like to see more than anything are:
  • View collection/games by alpha
  • mobile site
  • developers group

Keep up the good work.

matt

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 09:46:50 pm »
Nice to see an official list. Thanks matt. I'm sure you probably already know but the features i'd like to see more than anything are:
  • mobile site
  • developers group

Keep up the good work.

Hey Bugs!

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. coming really soon
2. http://mobile.vgcollect.com just went live last week.
3. hmm. all development at this point is internal although I do have an API that I'm working. May open that up. Not sure yet.

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 10:31:29 pm »
Whoops. I knew you said you were working on the mobile version. I havn't checked the forum in a while. I must of missed that news. As always, great work here.

matt

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:35:40 pm »
I figured that I might as well make a public to-do list so you guys can see what updates and additions we have planned. I'll be adding and editing this as things come up.

• Custom user lists - this will allow users to create custom lists within their collections
  • Add sub-genres (finally!)
  • Add alt-title field to all items
  • Allow for larger images
  • Consolidate collection badges
  • Add forum activity badges
  • Add submission badges
  • Fix bugs on stats page
  • Fix recently added on stats page
  • Make sure that private notes are actually private
  • Modify item description field to something else so it gets used properly
  • Android App update
  • "Add to wishlist" button at the bottom of search results and browse pages.
  • Clean up developers and publishers
  • Allow for multiple developers and publishers
  • Edit collection info from the game listing page
  • Update stats page to include user submissions and edits
  • Updated Advanced Search page with more filters
  • Compare collections

Feel free to comment on any of these. Thanks!

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 08:21:56 pm »
Not sure if others would agree, but I think hardware and games would be better together in a category would be better for organization of games and equipment. Here are examples.

NES- Hardware
         Games
Rather then
NES hardware
Sega Hardware
NES Games
Sega Games.

Or

Nintendo  -Hardware   -Nintendo
                                    -Super Nintendo
                                    -Nintendo 64

-Games      -Nintendo
                                     -Super Nintendo
                                     -Nintendo 64
Just my two cents. Anyways this is my first post... So, thanks for the site. It's great! I tell people about it whenever i can.

godnightshade

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »
Batch edit so I don't have to click on every game individually to add in details like Case/Box, Manual, notes, etc.

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 09:58:14 am »
I'd like for multicarts and homebrew games to be on their own section. Like:
NES [ BR] (space because it'll break otherwise)
NES [CA]
NES [EU]
NES [Homebrew]
NES [US]

Same goes for all systems. I hate browsing through the list and seeing "Sonic the Hedgehog" and "1000 in 1" on the list.

Also, you know what else would be neat? The ability to select a random game in the entire database, select a random game from a specific console in the database, select a random game from a collection, and select a random game from a specific console in a collection. Because when I can't think of a game to play, I'd like to be able to pick one at random.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:54:03 pm by exonerator »

matt

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:37 am »
New server has been purchased! I spent all last night setting up things and testing out the environment. We are probably going to do the move next week.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »
New server has been purchased! I spent all last night setting up things and testing out the environment. We are probably going to do the move next week.
Well, Hell - there's just no denying it, Matt...you obviously dedicate yourself to putting a *TON* of time, effort, work, and care & improvements/up-grades to this site...you've (just in the relatively short amount of time that I've been here) done plenty of things to make/keep the site accessible; while, at the same time, continuously doing things to better this site.

I think that it's important enough to say...and, that it's also important enough for you to hear that; *IMO* -
one of the things that I like the most about this site is how in-touch you (and the other 'helpers'/'staff'/"admins") here are to the rest of the community at large.

I'm talking about how easy it is to not only *Contact* all of you guys (shit, you can do this at pretty much any & all sites), but, *SO VERY, VERY MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY*...To be able to count-on & expect to consistently receive the replies & answers to our questions :)

Also, well-worth stating, is the excellent job that all of you do concerning making the over-all tone & feel of this site one of "The staff here are community members just like the rest of us" vs. (the tone & feel that I get from the majority of the other gaming-related sites out there) of either A)."There's the *Staff*, and then, there's the "rest" of the community, or, even worse (yet, sadly, not at all uncommon):
B)."There's the Community *VERSUS* The Staff...

I dunno...I guess that I was just feeling that a bit of recognition, acknowledgement & appreciation for the results of the work & efforts you all put into the site were in order  8)

Regarding the changing of the servers...

How will the change/affect us as individual users here *AND*, what (if anything) will switching to this new server change and/or improve for the site as a whole?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »
I concur on the love from disgaeniac!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas