Author Topic: The "Should I have picked it up?" Thread  (Read 2010 times)

darko

The "Should I have picked it up?" Thread
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:29 pm »
Here's a thread for those of us who pass on a deal and wonder if we should have just bit the bullet!

I'd like to keep this thread dedicated to current events, not focusing on deals we missed back in the day.

Today I saw a copy of Brave Fencer Musashi. The game was complete and in pretty good shape (clean disc, manual, bonus disc, etc.) The reason I didn't pick it up was due to the fact that part of the artwork was damaged (the top cover art was missing the spine section). It was $25.

Did I make a mistake?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The "Should I have picked it up?" Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »
Here's a thread for those of us who pass on a deal and wonder if we should have just bit the bullet!

I'd like to keep this thread dedicated to current events, not focusing on deals we missed back in the day.

Today I saw a copy of Brave Fencer Musashi. The game was complete and in pretty good shape (clean disc, manual, bonus disc, etc.) The reason I didn't pick it up was due to the fact that part of the artwork was damaged (the top cover art was missing the spine section). It was $25.

Did I make a mistake?

For sure. Imagine if The Legend of Zelda games had RPG stats for Link, and more of a sense of humor. That's basically Brave Fencer Musashi. Such a fun action-RPG experience.

soera

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »
Its not too far off actual price. http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/playstation/brave-fencer-musashi

I know one that I should have picked up. I was at a pawn store last week getting a new PS3 controller so I can play God of War Ascension smoother. I saw a game that I had before and hated. Gamecube version of Phantasy Star online. It was 50c. Not sure why I didnt pick it up. Looked it up once I got home : http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/phantasy-star-online-episode-i-&-ii-plus ... I went back and it was gone. :(

darko

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:18:18 pm »
Yeah, that one is always on my radar!

starbronze21

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »
There are three things that come to mind when I think "I really should've bought that..."
One was a copy of Conkers Bad Fur Day for $30, I had no idea what this game was when I saw it, all I thought was "What Nintendo 64 game costs thirty bucks?!" O.o
The second is an Odessey 2 for $10, I didn't know I if it worked, but thinking back, it would've been worth the gamble :/
The third was a boxed colecovison for $25, this was missing the power adapter but this was before I knew about Amazon and EBay, so this too would have been a gamble, but man...I wish I got it. :/
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 01:48:37 am »
Conker's Bad Fur Day - $8
River City Ransom - $10

Yes I still kick myself.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:51:15 am »
Damn, happens to all of us, one of my mistakes was at a thrift store that only takes cash, they had a boxed odyssey 2 with about ten games, a couple were sealed, joysticks an Atari with a ton of loose games all in the same bundle for $25. I didnt feel like getting out cash, went back the next day... gone.
Im also debating a neo geo game now at a local retro game shop, Burning fight english copy for $85. I dont like beat em ups and I know its not very good but english versions on ebay are double the price...

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:27:35 am »
One day, i found WOnder Boy III on Master System... i did not buy it... i just deserved to be kicked in the no no parts  :-\

ko1ru

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 09:48:17 am »
Not too long ago I passed on a longbox version of D for Playstation.  It was $9.  Came back the next day and it was gone.   :'(

scott

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:15 am »
I saw a stack of 4 Pikachu 3DS XLs on the Saturday before it released. If I had money, I would have totally picked it up. Now, it seems like I'll never get my hands on one. Fail.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 12:24:58 pm »
A pretty big & decent failing/over-sight/"Damnit! I *WISH* that I got it" would definitely be the Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni  :'(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:04:37 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:55 pm »
I also wish I would have picked up the Legend of Zelda 3DS when that deal was happening. It's honestly my favorite looking special edition DS/3DS system so far.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 01:30:30 pm »
A pretty big & decen fail/over-sight/*WISH* I got it would definitely be the Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni  :'(

Hey! I did offer! :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 02:05:27 pm »
A pretty big & decen fail/over-sight/*WISH* I got it would definitely be the Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni  :'(

Hey! I did offer! :P

I know!

No one to blame but myself :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"