Author Topic: What Other Hobbies Do You Have Outside of Gaming?  (Read 3855 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What Other Hobbies Do You Have Outside of Gaming?
« on: April 05, 2013, 12:16:10 am »
What other hobbies do you have outside of gaming?

I'm pretty much your all around geek.

Metal-Head:

I'm also a big metal-head. I have been since I was like 11 years old, and will be for life (I'll be 30 in a couple months). I'm spread across the board when it comes to metal. New, old, mainstream, underground, whatever. I'll listen to 80s hair metal, grunge, black metal, thrash, power metal, classic rock. You name it.

The metal I won't listen to is anything that's just straight anti-God or anti-Christian because I am a Christian. I don't like the sound of straight death-metal, I just can't get past the constant guttural vocals. And I mostly don't like any metal that mixes rap into it. Linkin Park seems to have a few exceptions to that rule that I find myself enjoying, though.

I haven't seen a whole lot of shows, though. I live in a rural area, so I have to travel a ways to see a show. The few I have seen have been damn good, though: Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Inches of Blood, All That Remains, Ratt, Tesla, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and even an Ozzfest.

Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Horror Movie Fan:

Love the stuff. Always have. Far back as I can remember I was into sci-fi and horror movies (same goes for comic books). I'm particularly fond of Star Trek stuff and 80s & 90s sci-fi and horror films.

Some favorite horror films includes: Nightmare on Elm Street series, George Romero's Dead movies (Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, etc.), Event Horizon, House of 1000 Corpses, Wrong Turn, Resident Evil, The Lost Boys, The Monster Squad, Underworld.

Some favorite sci-fi/fantasy films include: Star Trek stuff, Alien Trilogy, Terminator films, Predator films, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Dune, Equilibrium, Demolition Man, Back to the Future Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Conan films, etc.

Pro-Wrestling Fan:

I'm more of a fan of the older stuff, but I still keep up with what's going on in WWE and TNA. I was particularly a huge fan of the 80s WWF, the WWF Attitude Era, and especially of WCW. Man, do I miss WCW. Not only was it my favorite wrestling company, but because of the competition they gave WWF, it brought out the best in the WWF. WWE is a shadow of it's former glory during those years.

Some favorite wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H, Hogan, The Hardy Boyz, Kevin Nash, Goldberg, nWo, Degeneration-X, Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen, Evolution.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:26:15 am by burningdoom »

foxhack

Re: What Other Hobbies Do You Have Outside of Gaming?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:47:57 am »
I like to watch movies. Mostly bad movies but some good ones too.

I also like to hack games to see what's hidden inside of them or find stuff that's not used or left over. This is, unsurprisingly, an extension of my old hobby. I submit stuff to The Cutting Room Floor, and keep a list of the stuff I've added at my profile page.

Uh, that's it.

I'm not very interesting.

soera

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 12:54:30 am »
My Harley is first and foremost on my hobbies. I just added my last piece a few weeks ago and really need to get it out and take a full set of pics.

I watch CSI and own every season of every spin off (RIP Miami). Such an awesome show!

I get pierced. I have about 15 piercings I think. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:32 am »
I *think* that we already have this *exact* thread going somewhere...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:50 am »
I *think* that we already have this *exact* thread going somewhere...

I found it in a search, and when I posted it told me that it was over 120 days old and to start a new thread.

Last time I posted in a thread that old, I got some comments from moderators.

scott

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:51:16 am »
Oh i resurrect old threads all the time. So we don't really care about thread necromancy ha. Either way its not a big deal.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23:56 am »
Oh i resurrect old threads all the time. So we don't really care about thread necromancy ha. Either way its not a big deal.

Yeah!

We're cool-like-that here :)

W/ the possible exception of Disgaeniac...who just so happens to be cool-like-that...*EVERYWHERE*

8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:51:02 pm »
So damned if do, damned if don't.

soera

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:08 pm »
Nah there is nothing wrong with starting a new topic.

W/ the possible exception of Disgaeniac...who just so happens to be cool-like-that...*EVERYWHERE*

This however is so wrong it hurts.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 01:13:17 pm »
This however is so wrong it hurts.

No doubt, buddy...the TRUTH can hurt :)

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 04:09:37 am »
What other hobbies do you have outside of gaming?

I'm pretty much your all around geek.

Metal-Head:

I'm also a big metal-head. I have been since I was like 11 years old, and will be for life (I'll be 30 in a couple months). I'm spread across the board when it comes to metal. New, old, mainstream, underground, whatever. I'll listen to 80s hair metal, grunge, black metal, thrash, power metal, classic rock. You name it.

The metal I won't listen to is anything that's just straight anti-God or anti-Christian because I am a Christian. I don't like the sound of straight death-metal, I just can't get past the constant guttural vocals. And I mostly don't like any metal that mixes rap into it. Linkin Park seems to have a few exceptions to that rule that I find myself enjoying, though.

I haven't seen a whole lot of shows, though. I live in a rural area, so I have to travel a ways to see a show. The few I have seen have been damn good, though: Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Inches of Blood, All That Remains, Ratt, Tesla, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and even an Ozzfest.

Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Horror Movie Fan:

Love the stuff. Always have. Far back as I can remember I was into sci-fi and horror movies (same goes for comic books). I'm particularly fond of Star Trek stuff and 80s & 90s sci-fi and horror films.

Some favorite horror films includes: Nightmare on Elm Street series, George Romero's Dead movies (Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, etc.), Event Horizon, House of 1000 Corpses, Wrong Turn, Resident Evil, The Lost Boys, The Monster Squad, Underworld.

Some favorite sci-fi/fantasy films include: Star Trek stuff, Alien Trilogy, Terminator films, Predator films, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Dune, Equilibrium, Demolition Man, Back to the Future Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Conan films, etc.

Pro-Wrestling Fan:

I'm more of a fan of the older stuff, but I still keep up with what's going on in WWE and TNA. I was particularly a huge fan of the 80s WWF, the WWF Attitude Era, and especially of WCW. Man, do I miss WCW. Not only was it my favorite wrestling company, but because of the competition they gave WWF, it brought out the best in the WWF. WWE is a shadow of it's former glory during those years.

Some favorite wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H, Hogan, The Hardy Boyz, Kevin Nash, Goldberg, nWo, Degeneration-X, Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen, Evolution.

I have seen five finger death punch also but I can honestly say after I saw them live they loste as a fan. But as far as metal goes living sacrifice and soul embraced and extol are some great christian metal bands lol that's the kinda music I started liking first
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 01:50:28 pm »
I'm really into Kawasaki Ninjas. It was the first vehicle I purchased. And, in fact, I've never owned a car. I love tinkering around on them Sunday mornings. It's my version of church, I guess.

I read and collect comics. I've pretty much gone trade paperback on everything, except X-men. X-men I buy in floppy form because I have well over a thousand of them and have found some reader copies of really early issues at good prices. That collection is a nostalgia machine. I also keep an old collection of the Eastman and Laird Ninja Turtles from when I was a kid and looking at slowly completing all of the holes in that. This is not a very active hobby. I maintain a pull list and will just read whatever is interesting or fill in missing issues with very well priced comics.

I play guitar. I have a 1984 American Fender Strat that was a pawn shop find. I then frankensteined it to put a Jeff Beck hum bucker in the bridge position. I play a lot of Punk, alt rock from the 90s, and Metal from the 80s. I also own a decent acoustic and a entry level classical guitar that I love to mess around with I mainly play video game themes on the classical. I guy named kabuki bear puts out some great transcriptions.

I'm a math and physics nerd.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 02:28:43 pm »
I have seen five finger death punch also but I can honestly say after I saw them live they loste as a fan. But as far as metal goes living sacrifice and soul embraced and extol are some great christian metal bands lol that's the kinda music I started liking first

Damn, must have been a bad night for them. That sucks. When I saw them, I thought they sounded even better live than they did on CD. And they got the crowd all kinds of fired up.

However, I saw them twice. First time in Oregon, and that was the show that really blew me away. 2nd time it was in my hometown (which is amazing, because we usually only get over-the-hill bands and country stars), and admittedly they weren't as good as they were in Oregon. But I still enjoyed the show. Hated Soulfly, who opened up for them, though (at the 2nd hometown show). Seems like the lead singer only knew 1 note.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:00:00 pm by burningdoom »

tripredacus

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:42:01 pm »
I also watch a lot of movies, mostly on VHS. For other things I collect baseball and hockey cards and Transformers.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 08:56:50 pm »

I have seen five finger death punch also but I can honestly say after I saw them live they loste as a fan.

Yeah, me too. I liked the first album a lot. Then I saw them live. Not a fan anymore. The same thing happened with Hell Yeah.