Author Topic: Games listed pre-release.  (Read 3806 times)

ffxik

Games listed pre-release.
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:44:28 am »
As the title states games listed per-release are showing up on the site.  I know it's usually not a problem and it is something we do to aspire to have a complete collection database. 

I was adding some games to my collection when I found this.

http://vgcollect.com/item/18497

I'm pretty sure this is jumping the gun a bit too much.  Especially for a game that so far is surviving on hopes and dreams alone.   Even going so far to dig up fake artwork.

I don't know maybe I am making a mountain out of a mole hill.   :-\

foxhack

Re: Games listed pre-release.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:01:55 am »
You aren't.

If anything, I'd delete the artwork. The listing is unfortunately acceptable under our site rules. ^^;

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:09:27 pm »
Maybe it shouldn't be possible to add an unreleased game in your collection (unless it's a prototype, of course)? It's pretty ridiculous for someone to have Versus XIII in their collection when the game is probably never coming out.

tpugmire

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:32:25 pm »
Yeah, this shouldn't be in the database at all. I'm fine with people adding upcoming games, as long as there has been a release date announced, but this is completely different.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:49:30 pm »
Yeah. I don't agree with announced games being added, unless there is an official release date either.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:49:20 pm »
I'll pretty much echo scott. I'm fine with stuff that has some semblance of a release date, or if it's already out in Japan, has been confirmed for US or EU release, but announced games change on a dime. I can understand games like The Last Guardian and Dragon's Crown, that have been subject to changed and cancelled dates, but that's a bit of a different scenario.

As for Versus, at the rate Square Enix is going, we'll be lucky if it doesn't eventually materialize as a pachinko game for mobile phones.

soera

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:57 pm »
Wonder if I make an entry for DW VII 3DS and DQX that Square Enix would go ahead and localize them!

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 01:59:28 am »
Wonder if I make an entry for DW VII 3DS and DQX that Square Enix would go ahead and localize them!

We could only get so lucky :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 01:27:09 pm »
Apparently kingsaul has a copy.  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 01:58:14 pm »
Yeah, this shouldn't be in the database at all. I'm fine with people adding upcoming games, as long as there has been a release date announced, but this is completely different.
Yeah. I don't agree with announced games being added, unless there is an official release date either.

My thoughts *Exactly*.

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 02:31:17 pm »
I merged Diablo III for PC and the supposed PS3 edition in with each other multiple times, before there was an official announcement from Blizzard on the PS3 release. But, even with the official announcement, I'm hesitant to have a PS3 entry in the database.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 05:38:18 pm »
Here's the thing. Even if we delete the entry, someone else will add it again.

I wish we had a block list for game names or something. "THIS GAME DOESN'T EXIST, STOP ADDING IT"

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 04:02:04 am »

Apparently that's all kingsaul has.

kingsaul, if you're reading this, please direct me to the dimensional rift where you found this game. If I'm lucky, I might be able to find copies of Thrill Kill, Sadness or the English version of the original Mother there. I would be forever in your debt.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:07:27 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 09:21:31 am »

kingsaul, if you're reading this, please direct me to the dimensional rift where you found this game. If I'm lucky, I might be able to find copies of Thrill Kill, Sadness or the English version of the original Mother there. I would be forever in your debt.

He must be high (on some Laudanum, or something:)  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »

Hey, while he's there, ask him to pick me up a Dreamcast 2.