Author Topic: "T" and "A" thread/discussion...  (Read 6167 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: "T" and "A" thread/discussion...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »
Yeah, I have a *strong* dislike for any trophies that require anything multiplayer -I think that they're pretty much meaningless, anyways...since people just find friends to "boost" them with.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 02:58:07 pm »
This I can agree with. I have every trophy for MK 2011 other than the insane online ones.

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 03:09:40 pm »
Yeah, I have a *strong* dislike for any trophies that require anything multiplayer -I think that they're pretty much meaningless, anyways...since people just find friends to "boost" them with.
What if it's a multiplayer-only game, like Team Fortress 2?

I've played the game for years and I'm not even close to getting some of these.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 03:13:39 pm »
I know that this isn't the T & A this thread is really about, but still, BOOTH BABES!!!

Every thread could use them.  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 03:22:01 pm »
What if it's a multiplayer-only game, like Team Fortress 2?

I've played the game for years and I'm not even close to getting some of these.

You're soon-to-be an uncle, Foxhack?!

I just became one (for the 1st time:) about 18 months ago -and- it's pretty damned awesome; I really like it & look forward to & love spending time w/ my *ADORABLE* niece  ;D

My problem isn't with multiplayer-focused types of trophies, but moreso, since I play almost nothing but (what *should* be, at least) single-player campaigns (RPG's/SRPG's, etc) - what really pisses me off, is when they try to throw 1 or 2 'multiplayer' trophies into those games...if nothing else...once the servers go down -or- if someone has weak, spotty, or NO internet access; they'll never be able to "Platinum"/"100%" the game.

Also, I remember hearing about some trophies in some games along the lines of "you must be one of the 1st (5) players to beat one of this game's 5 main developers in on-line combat" -again- creating potentially impossible trophies.

I guess that those idiotic kinds of trophies are my biggest gripe.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 03:25:51 pm »
I know that this isn't the T & A this thread is really about, but still, BOOTH BABES!!!

Every thread could use them.  ;D

Not complaining...

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »
Meh to the booth babes. Tacky as hell.

I can't speak for our female members, but personally, I'd rather not see a boys club mentality develop here. I'm down for perversity probably more than most, but pics of booth babes steers a little too close to teenage-level GameSpot kinda crap for my tastes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:10:20 pm by insektmute »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »
Meh to the booth babes. Tacky as hell.

I can't speak for our female members, but personally, I'd rather not see a boys club mentality develop here. I'm down for perversity probably more than most, but pics of booth babes steers a little too close to teenage-level GameSpot kinda crap for my tastes.

Didn't realize fully clothed girls would be offensive.  ::)

It's a little harmless fun, don't be such a prude. As if the females you speak of never oogle dudes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:16:48 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 04:21:47 pm »
I didn't say I'm offended, I was suggesting that it's childish, and that sites that veer in that direction tend to attract an equally childish audience.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 04:27:41 pm »
I used to try for achievements a lot but ever since my Xbox account was shut down, I basically stopped playing it all together(for about a year and a half) I had stopped since I couldn't get into the account that had all my stuffs :-\ but I got that account back about a year ago and I can say it kinda ruined me. Taking a big break like that made me not care about them which is sad because I used to set them as a goal to get. I also used to like getting them but now its blah.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »
I didn't say I'm offended, I was suggesting that it's childish, and that sites that veer in that direction tend to attract an equally childish audience.

Possibly so, but, I think that since it's SO much more the exception here than it is the rule that we see/get any of it...I don't think that (w/ our present community/regulars) if a post or 2 pops-up here 'n' there that we're in any real danger of making it a habit -or- like you said, devolving into/becoming like some of the terribly, juvenile shit that's hard to avoid on G*Faq's :P

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 04:36:45 pm »
i like them. makes me want to go back to a game that i have already played
also i like seeing what my friends have done on a game that i have not so i can try and do it.
i just dont like the online ones.
im move of a single player / coop person.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »
If it's a game I really like, then Achievements might drive me to play a little more than I normally would. But I'm far from an Achievement whore. I play far more retro games than I do modern games anyways.

soera

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 05:23:08 pm »
I like the booth babes. But Im a dog. Howwwllllllll!

htimreimer

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »
i don't like or care about achievements because all they are is cheap and lazy way of extending life of a game