Author Topic: "T" and "A" thread/discussion...  (Read 6322 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: "T" and "A" thread/discussion...
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 07:54:30 pm »
I like achievements, and have a weird little Pavlovian response every time I hear the little noise when I unlock one, but I really could live without them. I would try to %100 every game before they existed, so it hasn't changed things much. But I agree with the general consensus that online achievements are just not worth getting.

As a straight female, I have to agree with insektmute that booth babes are all kinds of tacky. I don't think he's prudish for saying it. I'm not offended, but I would be if I were a straight male. See, if I walked by your booth and saw that you decked it out with booth babes, that would tell me that you think just adding eye candy would automatically make me interested in your game. It would also say that you think you have so little going for your game that you need to put up some scantily clad window dressing to get anyone's attention. Sends up all sorts of red flags. Not to mention that that one girl's zebra stripe socks are pretty ugly.

... Aaaaaaand I really went off topic. Sorry, y'all. :P
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »
Not to mention that that one girl's zebra stripe socks are pretty ugly.

lol, because that's what we were all checking out.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 09:24:20 pm »
Not to mention that that one girl's zebra stripe socks are pretty ugly.

lol, because that's what we were all checking out.

Like I said, straight female. :D

soera

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 10:30:06 pm »
LOL I didnt even notice socks at all. :D

sin2beta

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 02:13:28 am »
I did notice the socks. But I mean... don't you have to synchronize your outfit? Not a lot goes with zebra stripes. I'd cut the poor girl some slack.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 02:15:57 am »
Being a 16 year old boy, I am completely OK with Booth Babes!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 02:30:45 am »
I did notice the socks. But I mean... don't you have to synchronize your outfit? Not a lot goes with zebra stripes. I'd cut the poor girl some slack.

Hah. I really didn't intend to turn this into a fashion discussion. It was meant as an offhand comment. I usually don't give two flips about fashion, (usually go around in T shirts and jeans myself,) but zebra print is just all sorts of tacky to me. I do have to wonder what these girls were helping advertise, though.

But I digress. I'm not going to judge you guys (or girls) for staring. That's what eye candy is for.

Back to the topic at hand, video games trophies xbox atari nintendo. Sorry, disgaeniac. :P

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 03:34:40 am »
Booth babes FTW! I love beautiful women, I don't give a shit if companies think that'll drive me to play a game (it won't), I just enjoy the scenery.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 04:13:07 am »
It's nice when games give an achievement that prove you've done something difficult, but I really don't care about them. Hubby does to some extent, and so long as it's not a massive chore he'll go out of his way to get them all.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 08:35:24 am »

Hah. I really didn't intend to turn this into a fashion discussion. It was meant as an offhand comment. I usually don't give two flips about fashion, (usually go around in T shirts and jeans myself,) but zebra print is just all sorts of tacky to me. I do have to wonder what these girls were helping advertise, though.

But I digress. I'm not going to judge you guys (or girls) for staring. That's what eye candy is for.

Back to the topic at hand, video games trophies xbox atari nintendo. Sorry, disgaeniac. :P

No worries!

I've been known to (more often than not) derail my own topics, too - just ask "The Foxy one" XD
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »
I'm with Bretty, I love me some beautiful women, but they won't lead me to buy the product they are surrounding.

There was pretty heated debate somewhere involving booth babes and Soda Pop Miniatures at one of the cons (it might have been on the Kickstarter comments for Relic Knights). There they have cosplayers dressed up as some of the main female characters in their miniatures game to "help promote" it. But considering it's all based on anime conventions a lot of people were put off by the amount of skin showing.

Personally I thought it was a cool idea for them to get people acting like characters in there game, rather than just some hot chicks in bathing suits. But I can see the point the folks were making.

anyway. Back on topic:

I also enjoy when achievements award me for something diffcult and it's an awesome feeling to pop an achievement on a game like Deathsmiles, Muchi Muchi Pork or another bullet hell shmup. Hell, the amount of work that went into finding every single flag in Assassin's Creed made those achievements feel worth while (also helps that I love that game).

Also @Foxhack's
What if it's a multiplayer-only game, like Team Fortress 2?

I've played the game for years and I'm not even close to getting some of these.

Online-Only games seem different to me, than a game that has a multiplayer component. Some Single Player games don't really need a online mode, and tacking one on and then making you play it if you want to get all the achievements in the game is a joke.

Now a game like TF2. I highly doubt I'll ever be anywhere close to getting all the achievements in that game. Mainly because I won't play a class I don't enjoy playing. Which is why I generally stick to Pyro, Engineer and Sniper.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

brunauss

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2013, 03:41:27 pm »
Achievements give me a chuckle and that is about it. Even triggered one once by sheer accident on LEGO Batman. It was literally called "Eat Carpet More Fiber". You get it after a string of perfect enemy take downs by simply punching them. *shrugs* who knew *L*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

htimreimer

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 06:41:54 am »
I know that this isn't the T & A this thread is really about, but still, BOOTH BABES!!!

Every thread could use them.  ;D

maybe i'm old fashion but i dont find booth babe sexy because its so cheap and fake looking
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:44:16 am by htimreimer »

sin2beta

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 06:41:32 pm »
maybe i'm old fashion but i dont find booth babe sexy because its so cheap and fake looking

What's weird is that I find people think that when they are younger. Now this is not everyone. But I know it was like that for me and I've seen others like that too. When I was 18, I had way too many opinions on women. To be honest, it was to the point that it wasn't fair. Now.. well... it's not that cheap and fake becomes good. It's just I no longer think as many things look as cheap and fake as I once did. It's hard to explain. But the world seems more real as a person gets older. Those two girls look perfectly normal to me. Now... the 18 year old me would have thought it was cheap and fake. The current me just sees two people getting a paycheck.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird.

But I would not go over to a booth because of booth babes. I would not look at a product differently. I tend to just think they must not have a very good product. Looking at that picture, I think it is a dell monitor. This confirms one case of my bad product theory.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:30 pm »
I don't mind booth babes - or dudes, to each their own - but it... bugs me because most of the time they're just there to hide the game's shortcomings.

also, sin2beta, they're MSI booth babes.