Author Topic: MEMBER RANKINGS  (Read 2171 times)

patrickmeansly

MEMBER RANKINGS
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:15:37 pm »
I see some members are jr. members, sr. members, hero, adminster,etc.  how do you get a ranking???

pacpix

Re: MEMBER RANKINGS
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:28:01 pm »
It goes up depending on your post count.  Except for administrator, that title is only for site staff.

I have been here since August 2011 and just reached Sr. Member which you get for 500 posts. I believe Hero member is 1000 or 1500 posts.  I can't remember the other ones though.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

patrickmeansly

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »
It goes up depending on your post count.  Except for administrator, that title is only for site staff.

I have been here since August 2011 and just reached Sr. Member which you get for 500 posts. I believe Hero member is 1000 or 1500 posts.  I can't remember the other ones though.

ah!!!  interesting.  thats kind of simple.  is that even on the same thread???

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:26:40 am »
Yeah, it is any post. But the rankings are meaningless. 10 good posts gain a LOT more respect than 100 garbage posts. A good rule to live by is never see two posts of your own in a row. This is called double posting. Noobs use it to raise their post count but only lose street cred. Also, try not to dominate a topic. The do not dominate a thread with posts is something I myself need to work on.  ::) Basically, give everyone a shot and try to get all of your information in one post only. This is the basics of forum etiquette and allow most people to be happy.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

ffxik

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:16:54 am »
Yeah, it is any post. But the rankings are meaningless. 10 good posts gain a LOT more respect than 100 garbage posts. A good rule to live by is never see two posts of your own in a row. This is called double posting. Noobs use it to raise their post count but only lose street cred. Also, try not to dominate a topic. The do not dominate a thread with posts is something I myself need to work on.  ::) Basically, give everyone a shot and try to get all of your information in one post only. This is the basics of forum etiquette and allow most people to be happy.

Unfortunately I'm guilty of this one.  When I get on a roll I tend to forget about the edit button.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 01:48:17 am »

Unfortunately I'm guilty of this one.  When I get on a roll I tend to forget about the edit button.

dam.  i am guilty of typing a post, then forgetting information, then re-posting what i forgot so sometimes i double post.  but who decides a good rating????

and sin2beta, you are everywhere on the posts; however, you provide valuable information so its all good.  i look up to you on this site.  maybe because your avatar is shen mue lol :) and i am a big fan of shen mue

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 05:16:49 am »

same here. But also I feel like some of what I say should not be in the same post... Like if I reply to someone with a quote of there's and then I need to reply to another guy... hehehe noobs use it ;) I honestly don't see the point in racking it up... I honestly Just like talking and shootin the stuffs with people I got stuff in common with.. everyone around me doesn't know or show interest in classic gaming.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 08:50:55 am »

Meh, I'm guilty of a double post here & there...I really don't give a shit about post counts or titles, though...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:08 pm »
Yeah, it is any post. But the rankings are meaningless. 10 good posts gain a LOT more respect than 100 garbage posts.

Without a doubt! I care about post quality, not post counts :)

patrickmeansly

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 06:29:23 pm »
I see.  I al ways to be able to communicate with a network of gamers and collectors and i dont think it should matter about a quantity of posts.  AT first, I thought a rating was based on votes and the number of games in your collection or something

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »
AT first, I thought a rating was based on votes and the number of games in your collection or something

Certainly not the case. I'm still at "Newbie" status; I tend to do a lot of lurking/reading rather than posting.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 10:43:33 pm »
I think I have the most posts here, but that's because I reply to people at site feedback and stuff.

scott

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »
I think I have the most posts here, but that's because I reply to people at site feedback and stuff.

>_>
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

patrickmeansly

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:23 pm »

dont KNow lol.  Looks like Scott has you beat  ;D.  are you a creator of the site??

scott

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:37 pm »
Matt and I started the site, ya. Matt does the coding, while I'm more of the community guy. I'm usually on here all day, either on a PC or my phone. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread