Author Topic: Atari Selling Game Assets in July  (Read 1229 times)

htimreimer

Atari Selling Game Assets in July
« on: May 24, 2013, 09:54:42 pm »
atari inc (formerly known as GT interactive) filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy back in january of this year and now they are sell of all there assets starting in july. there are gonna be two auctions one is for there more well known franchises and one "private" auction for there lesser known franchises, the open auction for there more well known franchises starts on july 10th to the 24th and the private auction will start some time after.

these are the games being sold at the open auction and the minimum bid for them

atari brand and logo starts at $15 million
roller coaster tycoon franchise starts at $3.5 million
test drive franchise starts at $1.5 million
humongous franchise starts at $500.000
total annihilation franchise starts at $250,000

sin2beta

Re: Atari Selling Game Assets in July
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:57:10 pm »
I'm amazed at how cheap some of these are (250k). I could possibly with some saving purchase a game franchise within my life. Maybe we should start a new database on VGCollect for Intellectual Property.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:00:56 pm »
To be clear, Atari has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection. Actual bankruptcy is Chapter 7.

scott

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 02:14:42 pm »
Maybe someone will buy Rollercoaster Tycoon and make a game as good as the originals... Finally.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »
I just hope that whoever buys it actually uses the properties and continues these series. I'd hate to see Atari become the WCW of video games. WWE bought out WCW just so Vince could bury it. I don't want to see that happen to Atari.

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:59:32 pm »
Maybe someone will buy Rollercoaster Tycoon and make a game as good as the originals... Finally.
i'm hoping this too, its been 11 years since the last good rct and it been 9 years since the mediocre one

To be clear, Atari has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection. Actual bankruptcy is Chapter 7.
clearing things up ;D also there plan was to filed for chapter 11, so they could split off from there parent company atari sa

I just hope that whoever buys it actually uses the properties and continues these series. I'd hate to see Atari become the WCW of video games. WWE bought out WCW just so Vince could bury it. I don't want to see that happen to Atari.
atari inc's parent company atari sa (formerly known as infogrames) have been burying franchises for years, atari sa bought out companies like accolade,gremlin interactive and ocean software and did almost nothing with there franchises. this news make me happy because atari inc is atari sa most active subsidiary and this news is gonna hurt atari sa