Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35429 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Music thread
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 10:03:40 pm »
https://soundcloud.com/soleonedotorg/coal

I recommend anyone here who likes hip-hop to pre-order Death Drive by my favorite emcee while you can! - www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/7ee56e5b

maw2k

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 10:13:57 pm »
u like dark progressive electronic music sound? check out this guy: https://soundcloud.com/moshic/

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 11:59:42 pm »
Hrmmm, I see some metal here, but I think more is needed!

The chorus for this song is so catchy lol

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 04:54:28 am »
Well I'm usually big on Japanese Rock....  Not so much pop, more like Miyavi, MUCC, Girugamesh, etc....  But recently I've been really into Capsule for some reason....

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 05:03:14 am »
Well I'm usually big on Japanese Rock....  Not so much pop, more like Miyavi, MUCC, Girugamesh, etc....  But recently I've been really into Capsule for some reason....

I'm into some Japanese stuff too.  Some of it is anime related like BECK, Detroit Metal City, or the soundtrack from Guilty Gear X2, but for straight up bands I like, Miyavi has a couple songs I've liked, there's Sex Machineguns, Loudness, and one of my favorites is Maximum the Hormone.

Favorite Miyavi song I've come across is probably Selfish Love, those slapping guitar skills are wonderful.

His "Are You Ready to Rock" is great also.  I love the scaled back acoustic stuff.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 05:05:55 am »
Picking a Miyavi favorite is TOO hard for me....  His slap style accoustic stuff is fantastic and a fresh sound that you don't get to hear much anywhere else....  I also love Sex Machineguns~!  I don't even recall how I first heard them, but all their albums are great....  I only have one Maximum the Hormone CD....  To be honest, I haven't really kept up with them....

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2014, 05:11:20 am »
Picking a Miyavi favorite is TOO hard for me....  His slap style accoustic stuff is fantastic and a fresh sound that you don't get to hear much anywhere else....  I also love Sex Machineguns~!  I don't even recall how I first heard them, but all their albums are great....  I only have one Maximum the Hormone CD....  To be honest, I haven't really kept up with them....

I love Maximum the Hormone, they are just a crazy mixture of styles.  I need to get their newest album, but it doesn't seem like they are gonna release it in America which saddens me.  Not paying import prices for the cd lol

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:42 am »

I love Maximum the Hormone, they are just a crazy mixture of styles.  I need to get their newest album, but it doesn't seem like they are gonna release it in America which saddens me.  Not paying import prices for the cd lol

I've dropped thousands of dollars on imports....  It kills me, but its a hobby like no other....  Locally I have not heard of a single person who is into it....  Though there seems to be a small Visual Kei following online, I haven't bumped into any at local cons either....  Miyavi's last album that I got in December ran me like 50 bucks for the LE version with shipping....  I'd love a cheap place to buy locally, but that is totally not going to happen....  I'd love to run my own hybrid Japanese culture store....  A place with a strong showing for music and film and not just anime....  Hell, even manga seems to get burned most of the time....  I only ever see manga for established anime franchises usually....

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »
Any of you guys dig progressive rock?

King Crimson's Red is one of my personal favorite albums of the genre as well as one of my all time favorite albums in general.

i like progressive rock, king crimson being my favorite band in the genre,  red is definitely one of my favorite albums by the band. i also really like ITCOTCK (of course), larks tongues in aspic, discipline, and three of a perfect pair. bill bruford is one of my favorite drummers. he's incredible.

also i got the privilege to see yes this last year in concert. they played the yes album and close to the edge, just wish they would have finished up the trio and played fragile too. oh well, it was still an awesome concert. 

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 05:27:58 am »
Dammit, Gwar singer just passed away yesterday.  Big loss for the metal scene.  That's gotta be real rough for the band after losing their guitarist 2 years ago.  RIP up there in Metal Metal Land.

scott

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41:39 am »
Dammit, Gwar singer just passed away yesterday.  Big loss for the metal scene.  That's gotta be real rough for the band after losing their guitarist 2 years ago.  RIP up there in Metal Metal Land.

I just heard this. Super devastating, GWAR is one of my all time favorite bands too. I wonder if they'll attempt to move forward without Brockie, he was their main driving force.  :'(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 04:04:13 pm »
I don't think they will.  Like you said, he was the driving force, the big face, he's been there since the beginning, he's the voice of the band.  Smoot, as sad as it was him passing, he was newer to the band.  I feel that they are gonna end Gwar and move on.  I don't think I'd want to hear a Gwar without Oderus.

htimreimer

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2014, 01:10:59 am »
one of my favourite covers of classic rock songs, what do you guys think of it

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2014, 10:52:35 pm »
Halestorm is a love/hate band for me. When I first hear a song from them, I usually like it. But then the radio station here usually runs it into the ground until I'm sick of it. And when I'm in my car, I usually just leave the radio on instead of trying to play D.J. while driving.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 01:07:09 am »
The vocals are okay in the beginning to middle but the instrumentals are off-putting all the way.  I know I'm being too much of a critic, it's just very difficult for me to like covers.  I can only think of a few that I enjoyed.

In my neck of the woods, it's mostly hip-hop that radio stations constantly run to the ground.

Please check out the games I have for sale.