Author Topic: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 22001 times)

blipcs76

Re: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2013, 10:06:58 am »
Nice finds! Medievil II isn't a terribly easy game to come across.

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2013, 10:12:41 am »
Yup. i am really glad to get it even if it is only the number 1.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:23:22 am by elraiser »

insektmute

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2013, 10:22:38 am »
Gotta watch the budget very closely, since I handed in my resignation at work last week (today's my last day, woo!), but I did pick up Deus Ex: GOTY Edition, System Shock 2, Fallout, and Fallout 2 during GOG's massive sale that's going on right now. Too good to pass up, even though I have most of them on disc already - it's just much easier to get GOG versions running under Win 7 :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2013, 11:37:29 am »
Gotta watch the budget very closely, since I handed in my resignation at work last week (today's my last day, woo!), but I did pick up Deus Ex: GOTY Edition, System Shock 2, Fallout, and Fallout 2 during GOG's massive sale that's going on right now. Too good to pass up, even though I have most of them on disc already - it's just much easier to get GOG versions running under Win 7 :)

Any promising new prospects for work?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

insektmute

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2013, 03:52:10 pm »
Any promising new prospects for work?

I think so, though it's a bit early to tell. Off-hand, about 5 potential places, each with someone referring me, but I'm going for the one I want most either after work or early tomorrow morning, which would involve doing remote desktop support. Trying not to get my hopes up, but there's a strong possibility that I'll get that and be technically employed again within a few business days. Fingers crossed, anyway :)

It's a bit irresponsible to resign without a guaranteed job, but after 2 1/2 years at this place, I really can't take it anymore. Totally 100% burnt out, and I need to escape the call center grind in a bad way.

foxhack

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2013, 08:17:46 pm »
I found something called "X-360" for the PlayStation. It's some weird demo disc, and it was sealed, though I'm not sure if this was originally sealed or not.

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/demodiscs/demo_x360/index.html

I bought it to resell, but it doesn't seem to sell at all on eBay. :(

soera

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:48 pm »
Well, not the super find of the century but I picked up a few new guides for $1 each at the Goodwill. FF VIII and FF IX, Zelda phantom hourglass and twilight princess, Parasite eve, Metroid echoes 2, and Metroid fusion/prime combo. The 2 FF ones and the twilight princess are condition upgrades and the other 4 I didnt even have. They all looked brand new and if there was a poster with them, they are still attached.

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2013, 10:49:55 pm »
Well, not the super find of the century but I picked up a few new guides for $1 each at the Goodwill. FF VIII and FF IX, Zelda phantom hourglass and twilight princess, Parasite eve, Metroid echoes 2, and Metroid fusion/prime combo. The 2 FF ones and the twilight princess are condition upgrades and the other 4 I didnt even have. They all looked brand new and if there was a poster with them, they are still attached.
i like getting the guides for games. love the artwork in them

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:19 am »
I like getting the old Nintendo Power guides.  I just dig the way they did things.  My wife, on the other hand, loves to buy guides.  I have them of all shapes and sizes.  I have guides for games I don't have any intention of playing.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:45 am »
i like getting the guides for games. love the artwork in them

So do I!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2013, 10:39:06 am »
I collected guides for a different reason for a long time : cause they were necessary. Way before the interwebz was all the cool stuff, the only way to find something that was hidden pretty well was to call a long distance number and ask for help or look it up in the guide. Now I just like having them as a part of the game itself.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »
Just picked up Twilight Princess on GameCube for a slamming $15

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »
Just picked up Twilight Princess on GameCube for a slamming $15

Any chance you'd want a Wii copy, more? I hate using the Wii Mote and would rather use the GameCube pad.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
I have the Wii copy. I quit playing it because I don't want to move. I'm a lazy bastard. I want to sit on my ass and play games. I'll hang onto this one.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2013, 01:49:54 pm »
I have the Wii copy. I quit playing it because I don't want to move. I'm a lazy bastard. I want to sit on my ass and play games. I'll hang onto this one.

Damn. Thought I'd give it a shot. I really want a GameCube copy, instead.