Author Topic: The next few months of gaming...  (Read 3214 times)

darko

The next few months of gaming...
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:35:05 pm »
Well, I went in and did some pre-ordering today at lunch. I must say, anyone who plays current gen games have a ton of stuff to look forward to. I laid down some money for Skyrim and Dark Souls (CE) today. I'm going to pick up the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD remakes next month and I'm always down for some CoD around Christmas so I'll be getting MW3 in November along with Skyrim. There is so much more coming out that I'm probably going to hold off on just because there's no way I'll be able to play it all at one time.

What are you guys looking forward to in the next several months?

scott

Re: The next few months of gaming...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:56 pm »
As for new games, I'm on board with Skyrim all the way, as well as Assassin's Creed Revelations.  I'm also looking forward to MGS HD and Zone of Enders HD, ZoE more so since I never got a chance to play them.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:09:59 pm »
The only current gen system I own is a Wii, so not much other than Skyward Sword for me.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

darko

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 02:13:56 pm »
@tpugmire I forgot about Skyward Sword. I'll probably end up getting it for Christmas from one of my friends. Honestly, I'm a little paranoid about it. I'm sure it will be fine but I don't get as excited about new Zelda games as I used to.

scott

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:01:18 pm »
Oh ya, Skyward Sword. I'll get it too, though I haven't played completely through a new Zelda console game since Majora... :\

madmax

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:26:23 pm »
battlefield 3 on PC :p

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »
I will be playing Skyrim as well, while I wait for Diablo 3.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 07:22:41 pm »
I'm def. interested in most of the titles mentioned so far,  but I'm really excited about all of the 3DS/DS titles coming out:

Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Snake Eater 3D
Professor Layton and the Last Specter (I'm also eyeing Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights.)
Devil Survivor 2 (Since I'm currently enjoying Devil Survivor Overclocked.)

I'm also curious about Cave Story 3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Of course, all of these titles are only the ones to be released in 2011. There are several others coming out during the first couple of months during the new year, such as Luigi's Mansion 2. There is no possible way I will be able to get through all of these, including some of those mentioned above. This is definitely an exciting time for video games!

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »
Hmm... For this month I already got Disgaea 4 and Star Fox 64, I'm probably getting Atelier Totori at the end of the month.
Next month I'm getting Batman Arkham City, Serious Sam 3 and Kirby Returns to Dreamland... and I kinda want to rent Rage.
In November I'm getting Super Mario 3D Land, Nano Assault, Skyward Sword (duh), Sonic Generations, Rayman Origins and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (and of course I have to rent Uncharted 3 and Skyrim).
December will be slow, but I'm probably getting Mario Kart 7 and... maybe Fortune Street... AKA the only interesting releases of the month.

That's enough for the rest of the year, right? (add a bunch of random rentals to that)

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36:04 pm »
Next month I'll probably get Dark Souls and Rage.
November it's gonna be Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

I'm actually planing on upgrading my video card for Skyrim.
Hello brand new GTX 560 Ti, I'll probably keep my old 9800 GTX+ in my rig as a dedicated PhysX card.
And as a bonus the 560 comes with a free copy of Arkham City.

madmax

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:55 pm »
I might be upgrading my rig in the foreseeable future. I just bought plane tickets for an xmas vacation but after that i will probably get a good upgrade. My quadcore (Q6600  3.4ghz) is starting to fall behind in terms of gaming, it's bottlenecking my 460 (1gb, overclocked). The graphics card should be able to play deus ex much better than it is right now :/ Skyrim and BF3 will kill it :(

scott

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »
I would love to play Skyrim on a PC, but I'll be getting it for 360 instead. :\

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »
Professor Layton is out! Not sure if I'll pick it up today or hold off for a sale or price drop... Still pretty engrossed in Persona 2: Innocent Sin.
Anyone pick it up yet?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »
Sweet, Pinball FX2 is offering a free table for a limited time for Halloween: http://www.zenstudios.com/press29.html

Also, Game Informer mentioned that they'll be releasing a RPG table called Epic Quest... very psyched about that.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 04:41:37 pm »
Love Pinball FX2. It gives me my pinball fix and keeps me from buying a real machine. I still would like to build one from scratch though... damn my lack of programming knowledge.