Author Topic: E3 2013 Hype Thread!  (Read 10556 times)

htimreimer

Re: E3 2013 Hype Thread!
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2013, 05:08:22 am »
LOL ;D

ffxik

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2013, 06:47:22 am »
Microsoft pretty much handed their customers to their competitors.  As far as PS plus is concerned they offered more than Microsoft did.  Actually it's kind of funny that Microsoft ripped their idea of the 2 freebies.  Nevermind the cash that some people have dumped into XBL just to use the same free stuff they use on their PC's.  Nintendo, Sony you treat your consumers right and they will make sure you are taken care of.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2013, 09:41:42 am »
Oh my God, I just noticed the disclaimer at the bottom of that video. I'm crying here, guys.

I couldn't read it.  What did the disclaimer say?

scott

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:53 am »
Something along the lines of trading is for disc based games only. Or something.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2013, 10:16:38 am »
ugh, this nintendo stream is unwatchable... I'm going back to bed -__-
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2013, 10:31:42 am »
Microsoft pretty much handed their customers to their competitors.
Nintendo, Sony you treat your consumers right and they will make sure you are taken care of.

I concur  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

darko

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2013, 10:50:57 am »
Watching some of the trailers, I'm more pumped for the PS4 than the One anyway. I mean, MGS5? Yes please.

I truly believe that MS has already lost this generation. People are already making up their minds now - and anything MS does at this point will most likely be too little too late. Even IF they came out and did damage control at this point, I don't think it would make a huge difference.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:18 am »
Nintendo did what was expected. 

Mario Game: Mario 3D World with Cat Mario
Mario Kart Game: Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros Game: I missed the name.  Does it matter?  Mega Man is in it.
Retro Studios Game: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Then they had some filler with Wii Party/Artist/Wii Fit.

I'm in.  I'll buy everything execpt the filler noise.  Now, if we could just get these games out and in my hand.

desocietas

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2013, 12:50:36 pm »
The energy of Nintendo events are always so different from the others... so overly reserved (repressed, even?) that it almost becomes boring.  I felt like they were overexplaining stuff and showing things repetitively while we need to pause and review other conferences for any sneak peaks they threw in for their giant montages.

In any case... CAT SUIT.  Could look a lot cuter, but it's about time, considering that Japan has a whole island full of cats and loves cats as much as they do raccoons...

@SCOTT WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US http://www.atlus.com/untold/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:00:09 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »
WtF  :o

*ANOTHER* Etrian Odyssey game...already?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2013, 02:23:52 pm »

Right?  I really need to get back into that series so I can catch up (it'll never happen).  One of the screenshots actually reminds me of Phantasy Star Online...

Watching the Nintendo Direct video now and am intrigued by the new game from the Xenoblade creators.

And as much as I'm unable to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, I think it's adorable that you can catch Mario in a bug net or chop a tree down so that it falls on him or dig a pit for him to fall into.

Also LEAF SHIELD.  Man, I love Mega Man's soundtrack/sfx.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

insektmute

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »
People on Twitter have already seen me ramble on plenty about my thoughts, but I just put my pre-order in for the PS4. Sony absolutely murdered the competition this time around.

sin2beta

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2013, 02:44:55 pm »

Right?  I really need to get back into that series so I can catch up (it'll never happen).  One of the screenshots actually reminds me of Phantasy Star Online...

Watching the Nintendo Direct video now and am intrigued by the new game from the Xenoblade creators.

And as much as I'm unable to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, I think it's adorable that you can catch Mario in a bug net or chop a tree down so that it falls on him or dig a pit for him to fall into.

Also LEAF SHIELD.  Man, I love Mega Man's soundtrack/sfx.

I love the mega man music. Plus, it ends with that boss from Mega Man 2 before the boss gauntlet. If he is in the game... epic.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

htimreimer

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 02:47:53 pm »
so... sony just put another bullet in the body of microsoft by making the PS4 region free and this was confirmed by shuhei yoshida

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/playstation-4-is-region-free

blipcs76

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2013, 03:03:05 pm »
My thoughts

MS:
They seem to be doing whatever they want regardless of how much negative feedback they're getting from gamers.  It's been non-stop barrage of negativity towards MS since they confirmed all the bad stuff about Xbox One.  It's restrictive, not consumer-friendly and expensive.  Do not want.

Sony:
Pretty much came out and capitalized on the poor reception of the Xbox One.  $100 cheaper, trading/selling games is the same as always, no online required, etc.  I feels like they listened to consumers and gave us what we've asked for while MS seems to be doing whatever they want, regardless of what WE want.

Nintendo:
A predictable and weak showing from them.  All of the big titles they announced are 2014 releases.  Why should someone buy a WiiU this year?  Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Watch Dogs are the only WiiU titles on my radar through this year.  If they could assemble a strong lineup of games, especially some new IPs and 3rd party exclusives they would be in much better position.  Next year is looking great though with stuff like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and unnamed Monolith RPG.  Hopefully they still have something left to show us at E3, like Metroid, Zelda, Starfox, F-Zero, etc.  I really felt that this was the make or break moment for the WiiU and they totally dropped the ball.