Author Topic: VGCollect Version 2 BETA is here!  (Read 23932 times)

bobster

Re: VGCollect Version 2 BETA is here!
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2013, 12:44:15 pm »
Ok so I just added my first item since the move over, and it doesn't look like some of my choices are persisting. I've added the item with the date purchased, price, comments and the "other details" all filled out, but it's not keeping my date purchased and other details fields. I go back in and those fields are blank, while price and comment are still filled in..

This particular item is again the super game boy. It's CIB so all the other details should be clicked and the date should be filled out for June 25, 2013.

You're right. Working on fixing this now!

EDIT: and fixed. It wasn't an issue with saving the data, just editing it.

Date is saving now, doesn't look like the checkboxs are staying though. One step closer! lol
Currently Playing: The Witcher

theflea

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2013, 01:33:56 pm »
I'm kinda mixed on the new look, Just gotta get used to it.
A few things I noticed.

- The category links on Sell List do not work. They take you to your collection instead of sell list. 

- the game pictures like front, back, cart/disc. You need to be able to click the thumbnails and make back & cart/disc larger.

- There's no page links on the bottom of the browse pages. They only appear on collection pages. Just a pain to scroll back up.

- Longer game titles seem not to be centered correct, they appear under the game and not next to it like that rest.

- Would like to see in settings how many games appear on your page. Old version has 50 a page, new has 25. I'd like to see we can choose in our setting how many we want to see at once. 25, 50, 75, 100.

- What happened to the link to see who had that item in their collection or if someone had one on their sell list?

- The compare button. If you bring this back please have options. The first version only showed what you both had in your entire collection. I'd like to compare what we are missing and even compare game categories, like seeing what SNES games my friend has I don't.

- Another suggestion is an Order button on entire collections and categories. I know a lot of local game collectors in my area and would be nice to see their list and see what they just picked up.

Well those are what I noticed so far, Hope to see much of these issues fixed and maybe see some/all of my suggestions in place.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

matt

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2013, 01:59:48 pm »
I'm kinda mixed on the new look, Just gotta get used to it.
A few things I noticed.

- The category links on Sell List do not work. They take you to your collection instead of sell list.  (fixed...this took forever and it was just a type sell list..not sell ist)

- the game pictures like front, back, cart/disc. You need to be able to click the thumbnails and make back & cart/disc larger.  (this is on the list)

- There's no page links on the bottom of the browse pages. They only appear on collection pages. Just a pain to scroll back up. (i'll get this added)

- Longer game titles seem not to be centered correct, they appear under the game and not next to it like that rest. (noted)

- Would like to see in settings how many games appear on your page. Old version has 50 a page, new has 25. I'd like to see we can choose in our setting how many we want to see at once. 25, 50, 75, 100.  (this will be in the new settings page)

- What happened to the link to see who had that item in their collection or if someone had one on their sell list? (coming soon as well)

- The compare button. If you bring this back please have options. The first version only showed what you both had in your entire collection. I'd like to compare what we are missing and even compare game categories, like seeing what SNES games my friend has I don't. (this will be coming back as well)

- Another suggestion is an Order button on entire collections and categories. I know a lot of local game collectors in my area and would be nice to see their list and see what they just picked up.  (the new Feed are will cover this when it goes live next week)

Well those are what I noticed so far, Hope to see much of these issues fixed and maybe see some/all of my suggestions in place.

See my notes above. I think everything you are looking for is planned and should be back within a week or two!

jcalder8

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2013, 04:49:13 pm »
Will we be able to get a count of total games vs total hardware and accessories?

soera

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »
Clicking on certain spots (NES games for example) where the name is too long (Nintendo entertainment system) doesnt show the number of items I have cause it cuts off. Can we shorten some of the actual names?

jcalder8

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »
Clicking on certain spots (NES games for example) where the name is too long (Nintendo entertainment system) doesnt show the number of items I have cause it cuts off. Can we shorten some of the actual names?
I had found this problem on my phone but I didn't know it was a problem on the site too

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2013, 11:00:27 pm »
Excellent, pagination is up and running!

theflea

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2013, 11:31:30 pm »
An other problem I'm finding is nothing in browse shows whats in my collection. also nothing has a note of any kind it's in my collection. So if I search a game to see if its in my collection there's nothing telling me I have it.  :-[
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2013, 10:37:32 am »
Just logged back in and, wow, what a treat! It's always fun rolling out new stuff and then trying to figure out why it won't play nice with the other components. Shoot, I've had several instances at the TV station where we drop in a new component and suddenly it's "Why are the colors inverted on the main channel? And what happened to closed captioning?!"

You're doing fine work and it makes me proud to be a member of this site.

On a side note, got this error when I clicked on my Wishlist, expanded the Sega Master System drop down and selected any other page besides Page 1 from the bottom of the page navigators:

Code: [Select]
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

SELECT c.*, g.image FROM wishlist c LEFT JOIN games g on g.id = c.game_id WHERE c.id =

Filename: /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/138266/domains/vgcollect.com/html/models/item_model.php

Line Number: 80

All of the stuff on my SMS Wishlist fits on one page, which would explain why it can't find anything for the additional pages. It does this on my Vectrex Wishlist, too.

matt

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2013, 11:21:33 am »
Just logged back in and, wow, what a treat! It's always fun rolling out new stuff and then trying to figure out why it won't play nice with the other components. Shoot, I've had several instances at the TV station where we drop in a new component and suddenly it's "Why are the colors inverted on the main channel? And what happened to closed captioning?!"

You're doing fine work and it makes me proud to be a member of this site.

On a side note, got this error when I clicked on my Wishlist, expanded the Sega Master System drop down and selected any other page besides Page 1 from the bottom of the page navigators:

Code: [Select]

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

SELECT c.*, g.image FROM wishlist c LEFT JOIN games g on g.id = c.game_id WHERE c.id =

Filename: /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/138266/domains/vgcollect.com/html/models/item_model.php

Line Number: 80

All of the stuff on my SMS Wishlist fits on one page, which would explain why it can't find anything for the additional pages. It does this on my Vectrex Wishlist, too.

Fixed this one. Working on a lot of other fixes this afternoon as well. Stay tuned!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 11:44:40 am »
MATT!

All of this hard work of yours & dedication to the site & community is commendable and certainly very much appreciated, acknowledged, and Recognized by those of us here...BUT...Every-Now-And-Then, please remember to:

A.  *Breathe* (And, ya - there's a reason that this one's listed 1st...it's a priority)  ;D

B.  *Sleep* (Also pretty important:),

C.  *Eat* (pretty obvious),

D.  *Drink* (Dehydration is no fun), and lastly

E.  *Bathe*  (No one likes a "Funky, Fearless Leader:o 
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 11:58:49 am »
Sorry Matt, I got another one for you.

I tried to add something to my sell list and got this:

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'cost' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO `selllist` (`user_id`, `game_id`, `notes`, `cart`, `box`, `manual`, `other`, `cost`, `timestamp`) VALUES ('8484', '4891', 'Case artwork has water damage', '1', '1', '1', 0, '', '2013-07-05 08:57:35')

Filename: /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/138266/domains/vgcollect.com/html/models/selllist_model.php

Line Number: 150
Currently Playing: The Witcher

matt

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »
Sorry Matt, I got another one for you.

I tried to add something to my sell list and got this:

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'cost' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO `selllist` (`user_id`, `game_id`, `notes`, `cart`, `box`, `manual`, `other`, `cost`, `timestamp`) VALUES ('8484', '4891', 'Case artwork has water damage', '1', '1', '1', 0, '', '2013-07-05 08:57:35')

Filename: /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/138266/domains/vgcollect.com/html/models/selllist_model.php

Line Number: 150

oops. Fixed!

matt

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »
MATT!

All of this hard work of yours & dedication to the site & community is commendable and certainly very much appreciated, acknowledged, and Recognized by those of us here...BUT...Every-Now-And-Then, please remember to:

A.  *Breathe* (And, ya - there's a reason that this one's listed 1st...it's a priority)  ;D

B.  *Sleep* (Also pretty important:),

C.  *Eat* (pretty obvious),

D.  *Drink* (Dehydration is no fun), and lastly

E.  *Bathe*  (No one likes a "Funky, Fearless Leader:o

I actually managed to relax and spent almost the entire day yesterday out here:

That was after I put about 3 hours into the site. I also showered and drank...a lot haha.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »
Beautiful setting...where was that?

I'm also glad that you're setting time aside for yourself to enjoy things - it's important!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"