Author Topic: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 26699 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2013, 01:08:19 am »
I got a box in yesterday with a ton of stuff from that dollarmisfit.com site.  GBA games o'plenty. I haven't got them all in the collection yet.  I haven't even been through all of them yet.  My wife ordered a bunch of those Nicktoons games for the boy.

how was the condition on those?

Everything was just as advertised. If it said disc, book, and case; that's how it came. The GBA games were in good shape too. I'll probably buy more stuff if there's anything else I want. It's a buck. You can't lose.
The only complaint I have was the NES dust sleeves. The picture showed the "Nintendo" labeled ones. I got blank ones.

haloofthesun

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2013, 01:27:24 am »
I've bought stuff from there before. Everything arrived just as described, most of the items in better condition than I expected. It's a good place to check now and then. You'll probably never find any real gems or anything like that, but it's a good source to stock up on random stuff.

blipcs76

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2013, 10:18:24 am »
I thought about ordering from them, but nearly every disc-based game I looked up had this description that scared me off:

"Includes game and basic plastic jewel type case only. "

So I assume that means it's a loose game disc inside a cd-sized jewel case.  For those of you who have ordered from them, is that accurate or do most of the disc-based games come with the original DVD case and artwork?  I'd hate to burn up a whole ink cartridge printing covers for anything I ordered from them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2013, 11:21:51 am »
I thought about ordering from them, but nearly every disc-based game I looked up had this description that scared me off:

So I assume that means it's a loose game disc inside a cd-sized jewel case.  For those of you who have ordered from them, is that accurate or do most of the disc-based games come with the original DVD case and artwork?  I'd hate to burn up a whole ink cartridge printing covers for anything I ordered from them.

Everything I ordered from them said it either came with the game, case, and book or cartridge only.  It all came just like they said. 

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2013, 12:09:44 pm »

I've found the descriptions to be accurate, You'll see some games say they come with game, manual, and case with original cover artwork. The ones that say game and basic plastic jewel type case only is just a generic cd jewel case.

theflea

« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »
I got a game in the mail today, Been looking for the weirdest games ever made lately and this one really is one of the weirdest.
Toilet Kids on PC Engine.

It's a Shoot-um-up where you play a kid on a flying toilet shooting crazy weird enemies. Lot of potty humor in this game. lol

Heres a video of gameplay in case you never seen this game before.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2013, 05:39:19 pm »
Nice find! I alwa wanted to try Toilet Kid! :)

I got a new game today. Persona 2 on PSP with the soundtrack. I am very excited to try it :)

foxhack

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2013, 07:32:32 pm »

Minority Report (Xbox), Kengo (PS2), One Piece (Gamecube), Conan Soundtrack CD - $1 each
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions manual and back inlay, Castlevania SOTN manual and back inlay - $1 for both
And the memory cards from yesterday.

I saw both PS1 cases on the floor somewhere and dashed to them, only to find burned CD-Rs inside. So I tossed the damn discs. Maybe that wasn't very nice, but I wasn't paying money for PS1 CD-Rs. Apparently they were from a rental shop. I don't understand why they'd do this, but... eh.

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:34 pm »
Picked up Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition 20th Anniversary for $8 at Target. They priced matched Best Buy's advertised price. Pretty cool as I have never priced matched before.

Also picked up Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the Gamecube for $5 at Goodwill.

arcaneknight

« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:27 pm »
Finally found a copy of Ys Chronicles 1 & 2 for psp today. Now my psp Ys collection is complete. :3

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2013, 11:44:06 pm »
Picked up Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition 20th Anniversary for $8 at Target. They priced matched Best Buy's advertised price. Pretty cool as I have never priced matched before.

I totally did the same thing after reading this. My Best Buy was sold out, too. I had to have 3 different employees verify it, and the last one at the customer service desk kept going, "I can't believe you got this for so cheap," (it was priced at $39.99 at Target) while she was ringing me up. It felt satisfying like I pulled one over on them, lol.

jcalder8

« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2013, 02:02:16 am »

I totally did the same thing after reading this. My Best Buy was sold out, too. I had to have 3 different employees verify it, and the last one at the customer service desk kept going, "I can't believe you got this for so cheap," (it was priced at $39.99 at Target) while she was ringing me up. It felt satisfying like I pulled one over on them, lol.
This is one of the few times I'm disappointed about living in Canada :(

spac316

« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2013, 04:56:53 am »
Just recently bought a Wii U! The games I got for it are, New Super Mario U, NintendoLand(I got the Deluxe Model) and Sonic & All-Stars Racing transformed!

I also downloaded Mario and Donkey Kong:Minis on the move for 3DS.

theflea

« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2013, 04:52:50 pm »
Home from the sales, and found something you don't see everyday.
Nintendo Famicom games.  :)
Nothing rare, but at $1-$2 each you can't go wrong.
- Pachio-Kun 2
- Ninja Hattori-kun
- Hyper Sports
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiyajin
- Dragon Ball Z III
- Championship Lode Runner
- Legend of Kage
- Soccer
- Baseball
- Argus
- Super Star Force
- Arkanoid
- Senjo no Okami (Commando)
- Ganbare Pennent race
- Family Stadium
- Quinty
- Family Mahjong 2
- Raid on Bungeling Bay
- Yoshi no Tamago (Yoshi)
- Dragon Quest II
- Dragon Quest IV

Also picked up.
GENESIS
- Super Thunder Blade (CIB)

NDS
- Spectral Force Genesis
- History Great Empires: Rome
- Paws & Claws Pet Vet
- Hannah Montana (BVG)

Wii
- Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »

Also picked up Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the Gamecube for $5 at Goodwill.

i may have to do this myself.