Author Topic: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 26532 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2013, 09:19:55 am »
Tonight I picked up a few things today:

SMT4 LE (3DS)
Dream Trigger (3DS)
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut (PS3)

I was pumped to have the ability to still get in on the SMT4 goodness (LE) and I'm excited to play Deadly Premonition on the PS3. I played it a bit on the 360, but have recently fallen into Twin Peaks (TV series...not the restaurant). I'm finishing up the first season tonight and there are SO many references to the show in that game...I can't wait to fire it up! I only played about 5 hours of the game on the 360 so I think I'll take the time to beat it on the PS3.

Nice snag on that SMT IV! Glad you could still find one out in the wild.

I was about to say the same thing!  Where did you find it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

darko

« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:52 am »
Amazon seems to have a few, but I called a random GS in OKC and they had 7. I got to go in a choose which one I wanted :)

While I don't personally shop at GS - I made an exception for SMT4. The manager at the store I went into was actually a pretty decent guy. He knew all about the SMT games, wanted to chat about them, and dug around to find a sealed copy of Deadly Premonition for me.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2013, 10:04:46 am »
Amazon seems to have a few, but I called a random GS in OKC and they had 7. I got to go in a choose which one I wanted :)

While I don't personally shop at GS - I made an exception for SMT4. The manager at the store I went into was actually a pretty decent guy. He knew all about the SMT games, wanted to chat about them, and dug around to find a sealed copy of Deadly Premonition for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I don't 'generalize' about GS any more...'cause they're very much "hit-or-miss" when it comes to their employee's knowledge & personalities.

foxhack

« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »
I just got the Humble Deep Silver Bundle (above the average). I got Risen 2: Dark Waters, Sacred 2 Gold, and Saints Row The Third The Full Package for less than five bucks. I already owned Saints Row 2 and Dead Island GOTY (I got that one for free from Raptr a year ago) and I got no extra copies, oh well.

I'd also get Dead Island Riptide if I paid nineteen bucks more, but no thanks. :P

« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »
Very interesting, i will sureluy spend some money too. Nice bundle!!! :)

Thanks for the tip, foxhack!

atariboy

« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2013, 06:05:49 pm »
Items I picked up this weekend, other than the Game boys for a $1 nothing to special:

White Game Boy Advance - $1
Pink Game Boy Color - $1
Dante's Inferno PSP - $1
Azure Dreams - Game Boy - $.50
Ocean Discovery - Game Boy - $.50
The Cheetah Girls - Game Boy Advance -$.50
Pokemon and Mario Cases $.25 for both
Perfect Dark Dual CD Soundtrack - $.95
Police Quest Swat 2 - PC - $.95
Head Rush - PC - $.95
Phantasmagoria: Stage Fright - PC -$.95
Conquests of Camelot - PC - $1.50
Vet Emergency 2 - PC - $.95
Airport Tycoon 2 - PC - $.95
Lost - PC - $1.47

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jobocan

« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:39 pm »

SMT4 LE (3DS)
Dream Trigger (3DS)

I was pumped to have the ability to still get in on the SMT4 goodness (LE) and I'm excited to play Deadly Premonition on the PS3. I played it a bit on the 360, but have recently fallen into Twin Peaks (TV series...not the restaurant). I'm finishing up the first season tonight and there are SO many references to the show in that game...I can't wait to fire it up! I only played about 5 hours of the game on the 360 so I think I'll take the time to beat it on the PS3.

Is it hard to find? My local Best Buy had 6 copies of it. I didn't pick any up because I already had it :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2013, 09:57:07 am »

SMT4 LE (3DS)
Dream Trigger (3DS)

Is it hard to find? My local Best Buy had 6 copies of it. I didn't pick any up because I already had it :P

Seems to vary by location - easy to find in some places while close to impossible to find in others...I already have my copy, too.

foxhack

« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »
I picked up a 64 MB Max Memory PS2 memory card for $4. It was opened but the card seems to work just fine.

I also picked up Computer Gaming World's 200th Issue CD (March 2001), which has a bunch of demos but also includes several full DOS games that I'm not entirely sure are completely legal. It has Achelon, Alpha Man, Avoid the Noid (!), B-17, Balance of Power, Betrayal at Krondor, Bunniflip, Elite, Elite Plus, Empire, Kampfgruppe, Mystery House, Net Hack, Pirates 2, Reach For The Stars, Rogue, Super Dune 2, Tac Ops (Taco Ops? No? Dammit), The City, X-Com, and Zelda Classic. That was... $5. That's way more than I wanted to pay for it.

« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2013, 02:45:55 pm »
I just won the Japanese The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. No more censored teenhood.

What's different?

There was censorship like blood, sexual content, religious references and different box art. I don't think there is any more censorship, but I don't know a lot of Japanese. 
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »
Again another month full of nice finds!